• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterkajo

Well clearly you only think logically.

different_zps1c30d45a.gif

It was outside.
I was putting on my headphones but I didn't have my Kindle on...

Nah, as I told you before, you did the right thing. Everything short of actually dying is worth to not get spoiled by Bioshock Infinite's story.

Sputnik Sweetheart

<3 Murakami, though Sputnik Sweetheart is my least favorite.
I still like it

Also, this thread moves fast! I just woke up and now we're in triple digits.

Edit: Salsa, I added you to my friends lists. Dunno why I didn't add you earlier.

I just looked into that The Secret World game and just noticed that it's that MMO I happened to cross that had, city's in it. Not fantasy city's but present looking cities. Just the fact that the characters are dressed in everyday clothes, and that the cities aren't fantasy looking makes me want to try this game out.

So is The Secret World any good? From the reviews I've seen it looks kinda like GW2 which i enjoyed immensely, and the quests I hear are pretty great.

LeleSocho

Banned
Mmmmm....
System Shock 2 is dirt cheap but i have limited money right now.
People say it's as good as Deus Ex and it is often compared with it and i absolutely loved Deus Ex... dunno i need a little push.

The_Monk

You are a gentleman and a scholar. I take off my hat to you, good sir.

<3 Murakami, though Sputnik Sweetheart is my least favorite.
I still like it

One of my favorites. I've read every book of his except for two newest.

Thank you fellow GAFfers! I have 4 more Books of him and the Blu-ray from Norwegian Wood (which is only good if you read the Book, first, in my opinion).

You did that to me once. Never do it again!

He also did that to me, pfffffffff!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hey person who has a name eerily-similar to the SpaceChem guy, did they ever increase the text size of the UI in Reus?

Doesnt look like it, SS I just took:

No options either, looks fine on PC, but it still seems rather small. They know its an issue though, guess its just not the highest priority atm.

Mmmmm....
System Shock 2 is dirt cheap but i have limited money right now.
People say it's as good as Deus Ex and it is often compared with it and i absolutely loved Deus Ex... dunno i need a little push.
It's plenty different from Deus Ex other than being an FPS RPG meld. SS2 sways more to survival horror and corridors, because you're isolated on a ship full of monsters. So you might not end up enjoying it as much depending on what it was that clicked with you in Deus Ex.

Still a great game though, and better than the Shocks that came after.

KPJZKC

Doesnt look like it, SS I just took:

No options either, looks fine on PC, but it still seems rather small. They know its an issue though, guess its just not the highest priority atm.

Holy crap, you changed your profile picture? End of an era!

Voidguts

So is The Secret World any good? From the reviews I've seen it looks kinda like GW2 which i enjoyed immensely, and the quests I hear are pretty great.

if you have a friend or two to play it with, definitely - it's hard to solo (compared to other modern mmorpgs) but the game is pretty fun. the puzzle missions are complex and difficult but extremely satisfying to figure out, and the environments/enemies have a wide range of inspiration from various horror mythos. my group played it for around 3 months before we lost interest but I've been considering going back to see what they've added.

Salsa

you guys jest about deleting friends by mistake but I once managed to delete erik wolpaw after he for some reason accepted me

I still have Tim Schafer on my list and he once chatted with me

I dont know why

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Holy crap, you changed your profile picture? End of an era!

SpaceChem pic will be back once the sale is over. I vouched to keep it until I beat SpaceChem, which I am still working on.

On The Secret World...

High points of the game are investigation missions, atmosphere and sound design. Despite being an MMO, it's very solo friendly with solo dungeons. In my case, it was a bit of hindrance as some of these dungeons become too unsettling for my wife, affecting her ability to navigate and finish the dungeon. Otherwise, we had a good time playing up played until Egypt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom