• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acccent

but actors don't watch their own movies.

I imagine directors do, but it's irrelevant anyway. Obviously Tim Schafer is gonna play Double Fine games a lot, and his play time on Steam is just a tiny fraction of the time he spent playing them on "other platforms" I guess.

Whools

I imagine directors do, but it's irrelevant anyway. Obviously Tim Schafer is gonna play Double Fine games a lot, and his play time on Steam is just a tiny fraction of the time he spent playing them on "other platforms" I imagine.

Yup, also he did a lot of games with the comunity on brutal legend especially, and other DF games I believe

Card Boy

Banned
Buy Sleeping Dogs DLC Collection
Collection includes all available DLC! Does not include the base game.

I almost fell for this, i see it doesn't include Year of the Dragon and its missing some other DLC i can't be bothered cross referencing.

Congrats SquealEnix you have now earned youself $4.72 (for YotD, NiHP, ZT) instead of $13.74.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Taking screenshots with the 360 pad from the couch...

u3Qs4fk.jpg

Only wish I knew about this sooner.

Socreges

Banned
Posted this in the Dark Souls OT, but haven't gotten a reply. Thought I'd try here:

So the first time I played, the framerate made the game unplayable. So I installed DSfix and tried again. Exact same results.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3217U CPU @ 1.80GHz
3.9 GB RAM
Windows 8
Intel HD Graphics 4000 (apparently a very good card, but with just 128 MB of dedicated video RAM)

I guess my processor isn't up to snuff? Any way I can adjust the video settings so that it's playable? Seems like there isn't much I can change if I'm using DSfix.

marrec

Banned
I would say Mark of the Ninja and Sleeping Dogs

Amnesia I haven't played, but is apparently very scary.

It's very scary if you're playing it in the right atmosphere. With the lights off and headphones on without anyone else there it induces some kind of weird fear in me that's never been replicated before or since. A constant dread that kinda feels really good and makes everything in the game feel like an exciting moment.

You're opening a door?

That's the most exciting door you've opened since that last one you opened.

Going down some stairs?

Get ready for a wild fucking ride.

jtb

Banned
when are the Paradox games going on sale? I'm almost regretting not picking up one of their megabundles during the Amazon sale...

if you have a friend or two to play it with, definitely - it's hard to solo (compared to other modern mmorpgs) but the game is pretty fun. the puzzle missions are complex and difficult but extremely satisfying to figure out, and the environments/enemies have a wide range of inspiration from various horror mythos. my group played it for around 3 months before we lost interest but I've been considering going back to see what they've added.

Thanks, that sounds interesting. I might give it another day before I make my decision just to see what the next daily deal is. I'm at that critical stage of the steam sale where I only have a little $$$ left so I have to be crucial on what I buy next.

Edwardo

I want to buy Amnesia, but I don't want to soil my trousers. Also I've already spent more than I did in the Winter Sale and this one is only halfway done =/

Duo014

Copied my post and edited!

Jeez have a lot of games the gf doesn't want.
The games i have; Little Inferno, Dream Pinball 3D, Disciples III: Resurrection, Insecticide, Tropico Trilogy, Imperium Romanum: Gold Edition, SpaceChem, Thomas Was Alone

If anyone wants to trade or get some free, just pm me with something (reus, kerbal, unreal pack, terrario, anything,...) or just pm me why you would love to play --- game and why you should get it for free.

I would have bought all these games (reus, kerbal, unreal pack, terraria) on steam, but i'm travelling outside of the country, and i couldn't even buy the games with a full wallet :( .
So if anyone wants to pm me just do it. I'm even willing to pay with paypal.

Smash88

Banned
I want DMC but I don't $24.99 want it.

Maybe next sale. Bioshock deserves that price, Tomb Raider deserves that price, even Far Cry 3 deserves that price, this does not.

Posted this in the Dark Souls OT, but haven't gotten a reply. Thought I'd try here:

So the first time I played, the framerate made the game unplayable. So I installed DSfix and tried again. Exact same results.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3217U CPU @ 1.80GHz
3.9 GB RAM
Windows 8
Intel HD Graphics 4000 (apparently a very good card, but with just 128 MB of dedicated video RAM)

I guess my processor isn't up to snuff? Any way I can adjust the video settings so that it's playable? Seems like there isn't much I can change if I'm using DSfix.

Looks like the on-board graphics is the bottleneck. Might want to look into getting a video card with at least 512 MB RAM

Mordeccai

I cannot stop playing Reus. Damn you Toma. I'm gonna finish these first level achievements today hopefully, but they're not a cake walk. Sunk in six hours so far.

Socreges

Banned
Very good? Only compared to Intel's older integrated chips. You need a dedicated graphics card.
Sorry, I guess it's "very good" for a pre-installed card on a relatively weak laptop. Its rating (percentile) seems to be quite good when compared to a lot of other cards out there, but I obviously admit it's going to be a problem for a lot of games.

I just figured it would be the processor and not so much the graphics card that was the biggest obstacle.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I cannot stop playing Reus. Damn you Toma. I'm gonna finish these first level achievements today hopefully, but they're not a cake walk. Sunk in six hours so far.

Good, good. :)

traveler

Not Wario
when are the Paradox games going on sale? I'm almost regretting not picking up one of their megabundles during the Amazon sale...

CK2 was on flash yesterday I believe. Got it plus all the dlc for $20, which I think is the same as the sale they had for it a couple weeks back. Haven't seen any of the rest though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom