• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophane33

I wonder if I should download the HD texture pack for Sleeping Dogs

Specs: i7 930@2.80 Ghz
12 GB Ram
Radeon HD 6870

The problem is my monitor only displays up to 1600x900. Think it's worth it?

Bump for nice peeps to answer. Though I'm sure the answer is "not worth it".

marrec

Banned
HOLY CRAP.

I totally forgot I bought Serious Sam III from a Game Stop flash sale almost a year ago.

I need something to tell me how many games I own... I also hate that I need that.

The last few games I haven't given away yet from old Humble Bundles. I just revealed these like 2 days ago, so hopefully they're all still good.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gish -- MB-B837E15B226C738D - Taken by Edwardo
Titan Quest -- MB-7008EF84E13B02EB - Taken by xBlain
Nightsky -- MB-48B00749207012AF - Taken by Crimsonclaw111
Oil Rush -- MB-5EF57AD194E541A3 - Taken by intheinbetween

Tenrius

As soon as I started bitching about it, my friend decided to shut me up by gifting it to me.
909H3RT.jpg

So RHCP is not only Russia Czech Hungary Poland, but Estonia as well?

also if a game has NO DISCOUNT on it and has not had any discount since the start of the sale (kentucky route zero, trackmania valley) there is little chance they will get any discount this sale right?

Wait.

Always wait.

There WILL be some game or games that have not had a discount yet that will be part of a daily or flash.

Hoooolllllllllllld!

Rule #1.

I asked a page or two back. But I'm not sure if anyone knew the answer then, and the thread moves pretty fast. But for a RO2 owner you need to purchase the main Rising Storm game to upgrade from the Demo Rising Storm that is now included with RO2, right? I'm a bit confused both by the "Upgrade" that's available on the store page for RS as well as the note that "Save 25% if you own Red Orchestra 2!" message, as I own RO2 but I'm not seeing that extra 25% off anywhere. Maybe that 25% doesn't apply during the Summer Sale?

Inversive

I dunno how much of an audience this question will have here, but I'm looking for a good game to smoke to. Does Scribblenauts fit that bill? It looks pretty creative and like silly fun. Shooters are just too intense, always makes my high disappear twice as fast as if I had a relaxed game to play through.

I like to play a Total war game and lose myself in the campaign, you can get strangely attached to your generals and units while high, and sometimes even when you're not -.-
maybe a Fallout too, it's a shooter sure but there's all that world to explore.

Just woke up and went through the daily deals:

Must buy: SS2, buy it, mod it, love it. One of the best games ever made that still easily holds up.
Flawed gem: Amnesia, one of the scariest experiences ever, but in my opinion not actually good in the "game sense". Still worth it for the scares.
Underrated award: Serious Sam 3, not as crazy as the first couple of games, but still a very enjoyable shooter that lets you make progress against the odds. Also manages to not outstay its welcome.
Genre award: I don't really like stealth games at all and Mark of the ninja did not convert me, so be careful if you are like that too. But if you do like stealth games? I can see it being amazing.

I like to play a Total war game and lose myself in the campaign, you can get strangely attached to your generals and units while high, and sometimes even when you're not -.-
My buddy used to get baked and play Europa Unversalis for hours while blasting classical music.

Grief.exe

That thread is so, so dangerous.

Found out two things that will destroy me:

• A single Titan can run Nvidia Surround at 5760x1080
  • Those Sennheiser headsets are hot as hell and one will be mine.

Burn the money.

Don't get headsets on PC!!

You are much better off with a pair of stereo headphones and a standalone mic.

Yes, even that sennheiser one is not a good value.

tosu

Neo Member
May I get an invite for the Neogaf steam group? Sorry for posting again, this thread just moves so fast. Thanks!

Steam ID: Treyarch26

Does anyone think it is weird to buy System Shock 2 again even though I own it on GOG? For some reason I am tempted, but I have no real reason why I should be.

Mordeccai

Is Total War an RTS? I've always sucked at them lol. Already played through both fallouts on 360, I was strongly considering picking up New Vegas ultimate but decided to save my funds for a new experience.

Really appreciate the suggestions though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom