• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because everybody seems to love Nightsky, and I've never played it (plus people have ignored picking it up), I'm going to give it a try. Thanks Fleshfeast!

Ryan_

Can someone tell me exactly what can be achieved with modding SS2?

I bought it on GOG but yeah, my steam library is my baby so...

Is Total War an RTS? I've always sucked at them lol. Already played through both fallouts on 360, I was strongly considering picking up New Vegas ultimate but decided to save my funds for a new experience.

Really appreciate the suggestions though!
A really slow paced indie game with good visuals would be Osmos. It's on Steam and iOS, maybe Android.

That's good, I'm just wondering if my system could even handle it.
Ah, ok. Can't help you there. I only run nVidia.

I've been REALLY wanting Skyrim but don't feel 36 bucks is worth it yet. Am I wrong? Should I just grab the base game for a 20 spot?

Help me, GAF. Please...help....me....................

Can someone tell me exactly what can be achieved with modding SS2?

I bought it on GOG but yeah, my steam library is my baby so...

Stuff like this:

37552vyse6.jpg

Fjord

On The Secret World...

High points of the game are investigation missions, atmosphere and sound design. Despite being an MMO, it's very solo friendly with solo dungeons. In my case, it was a bit of hindrance as some of these dungeons become too unsettling for my wife, affecting her ability to navigate and finish the dungeon. Otherwise, we had a good time playing up played until Egypt.

Thanks for the review. Anyone else played it?

Bebpo

Banned
How's the Assassin's Creed III DLC chapters? Wondering if I should grab the season pass for $15.

I'm still like halfway through the main game and think it's a total freaking mess and the worst AC since AC1, but still find something's enjoyable about it like exploring the world map, certain missions, the actual gameplay. When stuff comes together just right it's the best AC yet, but everything is such a mess that is a rare occurrence and most of the game is just collect-a-thon and messy missions.

I remember when the first part of the DLC expansion came out people were enjoying it more than the main game, but didn't follow how it turned out.

Are the Chinese aftermarket 360 wireless adapters any good?

I don't WANT to buy a new 360 controller, but I will if I need to. Worst case scenario, GameStop is trading them for $20 plus an extra 50% if I apply it to a Steam card, $41 on Amazon means I could get the pack, then trade an old controller in.

Grief.exe

The rabbit hole that is high end audio is a scary place. I started looking at things like this, and threads like these and, well, I got frightened. I ain't gonna lie. It's intimidating and overwhelming.

It can be.

If you tell me your budget and music tastes I can hook you up.

The sennheisers are not inherently bad, much better than your average Logitech, Razer, Steelseries, headset.
But they are just very expensive and in a closed headphone package. Which isn't optimal for gaming.

Currently listening to this with these.

Soooooo goooooooooooooooood.

Sexy.

I've been REALLY wanting Skyrim but don't feel 36 bucks is worth it yet. Am I wrong? Should I just grab the base game for a 20 spot?

Help me, GAF. Please...help....me....................

Depending on your tastes than there is a good chance you will be underwhelmed.

Do you like deep experiences or RPG mechanics? Good combat mechanics and narrative? Probably not worth the money then.

If you like wondering around in a large, well-crafted open world then you might have found your game.

Chojka

New day, new deals

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-B8818A73F95A8E39 - Taken by BadAss2961
Alan Wake -- MB-07FB717FA31D68D7 - Taken by Wake

I need help picking a game to try to up my achievement count on.

Anodyne - 1/6
Audiosurf - 6/19
Defense Grid - 39/87
Dungeon Defenders - 6/104
Edge - 2/47
Hack, Slash, Loot - 2/17
Hard Reset - 10/115
Jamestown - 14/42
Left 4 Dead 2 - 5/69
Magicka - 7/78
Orcs Must Die! - 2/28
Psychonauts - 5/37
Revenge of the Titans - 20/77
Rush - 4/25
Sanctum - 17/100
Scoregasm - 3/19
Sequence - 9/21
SpaceChem - 2/20
They Bleed Pixels - 27/126
Titan Attacks - 11/47
Trine - 5/32
Winter Voices - 1/51

Something light and quick preferred (at least until August when I will not be a mental mess).

Are the Chinese aftermarket 360 wireless adapters any good?

I don't WANT to buy a new 360 controller, but I will if I need to. Worst case scenario, GameStop is trading them for $20 plus an extra 50% if I apply it to a Steam card, $41 on Amazon means I could get the pack, then trade an old controller in.

I use a chinese adapter which I got from dealextreme and it works flawlessly

Depending on your tastes than there is a good chance you will be underwhelmed.

Do you like deep experiences or RPG mechanics? Good combat mechanics and narrative? Probably not worth the money then.

If you like wondering around in a large, well-crafted open world then you might have found your game.

I've played parts of it. I love the exploration aspect of the game and, as long as it sort of resembles the freedom of Morrowind and Oblivion, I'd be into it. And I'm pretty sure it is.

Thinking......

Thinking....

$36 is just too much right now. I'll pass. Thanks, Reason-GAF!

bengraven

I've played parts of it. I love the exploration aspect of the game and, as long as it sort of resembles the freedom of Morrowind and Oblivion, I'd be into it. And I'm pretty sure it is.

Thinking......

Thinking....

As someone who loves Skyrim and put almost 100 hours into the game on PS3 and who has been wanting to buy the PC version for over a year...it's still pretty expensive.

Thinking......

Thinking....

Have you played Fallout? If not you should grab one of the two (3 or NV) ultimate editions and have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom