• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who loves Skyrim and put almost 100 hours into the game on PS3 and who has been wanting to buy the PC version for over a year...it's still pretty expensive.

Crimsonclaw111 said:
Have you played Fallout? If not you should grab one of the two (3 or NV) ultimate editions and have fun.

Thanks for further confirmation and other recommendations!

I was actually about to buy Alan Wake, but I won it.
So I'm going to give out one game. What do you guys want?
Alan Wake or System Shock 2, I'll pick based on the first 3 replies.

Grief.exe

Fallout 3 game of the year edition crashes after 5-10 minutes of playtime on my comp. It runs so shitty.

Are you running Windows 8? Have you installed GFWL appropriately?

Have you removed GFWL?

Are you running mods? Have you installed the >2GB patch?

SS2

Alan Wake is one of my favorites as well.

I, too, just bought System Shock 2 solely for trading cards, despite having bought it the day it came onto GOG for $10 and already having played through it several times before that. But the trading cards...

To be fair, I did buy it using money I got from selling other cards, and it is one of my favourite games of all time, but this all reflects rather badly on me, no?

Gbraga

If you're gonna use modbot, get System Shock 2, most people already own Alan Wake, there'll be more people interested in SS2.

I need help picking a game to try to up my achievement count on.

Anodyne - 1/6
Audiosurf - 6/19
Defense Grid - 39/87
Dungeon Defenders - 6/104
Edge - 2/47
Hack, Slash, Loot - 2/17
Hard Reset - 10/115
Jamestown - 14/42
Left 4 Dead 2 - 5/69
Magicka - 7/78
Orcs Must Die! - 2/28
Psychonauts - 5/37
Revenge of the Titans - 20/77
Rush - 4/25
Sanctum - 17/100
Scoregasm - 3/19
Sequence - 9/21
SpaceChem - 2/20
They Bleed Pixels - 27/126
Titan Attacks - 11/47
Trine - 5/32
Winter Voices - 1/51

Something light and quick preferred (at least until August when I will not be a mental mess).

Out of those, Sequence is the easiest/shortest one (plus, it has one of my favorite achievements EVER).

Anodyne's are fine excepting the speedrun one, I got it because I really loved the game but less than 0.50% of players unlocked it.

Psychonauts' are fairly standard IIRC, but the game is considerably longer than the other two. Same with Trine.

You need some paid DLC to unlock every single Magicka achievement, so that might be a big no-no for you. A couple of them were bugged when I beat the game, not sure if they were fixed tho.

The Audiosurf, Jamestown, Left 4 Dead, Orcs Must Die, Titan Attacks and Scoregasm achievements require too much skill or time IMHO, and I stopped trying to get them all. I haven't played the rest of those titles enough to give you an opinion as an achievement collector, sorry :(

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
trackmania had a vote on community so it will probs go on sale sometime so wait

OK I lied, I have one more key. It's an old key, so I hope it works. Basically they added the HIB3 key to all HIB4 orders after the fact. I had bought HIB3 so already had all the games, and let the key sit there until now.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble Indie Bundle 3 -- MB-C6A04FE44C1702F0 - Taken by Timedog

Games included:
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Cogs
VVVVVV
Hammerfight
And Yet It Moves

Guys, get ready for System Shock 2. I'll edit this in a few seconds with the code.

Here we go.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

System Shock 2 -- MB-8261F1EBD5789931 - Taken by whitehawk

Are you running Windows 8? Have you installed GFWL appropriately?

Have you removed GFWL?

Are you running mods? Have you installed the >2GB patch?

SS2

Alan Wake is one of my favorites as well.

Slow down a second, there's a 2gb patch for Fallout 3? Does this not install automatically when you first download it?

As someone who loves Skyrim and put almost 100 hours into the game on PS3 and who has been wanting to buy the PC version for over a year...it's still pretty expensive.

Absolutely this. Was super disappointed to only see 40% off but I also buried about 150 hours in on box and just wanna get it to mod my life away. Core game will duck under $20 eventually.......

Ephemeris

My real name is actually Alan.

ISeeWhatYouDidThereWhiteSS.png

Grief.exe

Slow down a second, there's a 2gb patch for Fallout 3? Does this not install automatically when you first download it?

No you have to download it.

All Gamebryo games, including Skyrim, have a 2GB RAM limitation. It gets bad, especially if you have mods installed.

I do believe they fixed this issue with a patch to Skyrim.

Out of those, Sequence is the easiest/shortest one (plus, it has one of my favorite achievements EVER).

Anodyne's are fine excepting the speedrun one, I got it because I really loved the game but less than 0.50% of players unlocked it.

Psychonauts' are fairly standard IIRC, but the game is considerably longer than the other two. Same with Trine.

You need some paid DLC to unlock every single Magicka achievement, so that might be a big no-no for you. A couple of them were bugged when I beat the game, not sure if they were fixed tho.

The Audiosurf, Jamestown, Left 4 Dead and Scoregasm achievements require too much skill or time IMHO, and I stopped trying to get them all. I haven't played the rest of those titles enough to give you an opinion as an achievement collector, sorry :(
Thanks for the feedback. I might go with Sequence (once I can locate my old save) or finish up Anodyne, I played a couple of hours during the card beta already and I like it. The speed run achievement sounds like it could be done in one sitting after beating the game and knowing it a little.

I am willing to get any DLCs for Magicka when they are 75% off as long as it's not too many, I already have a few (Vietnam?). I have a friend going to co-op with me, so if you know which ones have achievements, let me know.

For the rest, actually I just want to see if I can maintain all of my Steam games with 50% of more achievements. I think that should be a more sane goal than 100%ing some of them (espeically stuff like L4D2 with Expert+Realism, haha).

No you have to download it.

All Gamebryo games, including Skyrim, have a 2GB RAM limitation. It gets bad, especially if you have mods installed.

I do believe they fixed this issue with a patch to Skyrim.

How in the hell did I not know this? That explains so much. I will have to get this when I get home tonight.

Fox318

Lets see I'm probably gonna pick up Dishonored so should I pick up the DLC too?

I'm also eyeing Dust: An Elysian Tail...

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
OK I lied, I have one more key. It's an old key, so I hope it works. Basically they added the HIB3 key to all HIB4 orders after the fact. I had bought HIB3 so already had all the games, and let the key sit there until now.

Games included:
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Cogs
VVVVVV
Hammerfight
And Yet It Moves

Thanks a ton, my dude.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
About to bite on the older DMC games. So should I definitely skip 3, and only get 4? Because I'd like to try both, especially since I've heard 3 is the better game, but I don't want to deal with terrible framerates and awful controls and all that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom