• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
JsiqxRa.jpg

what do we have here

This explains so much. He is using the guise of great game giveaways to actually give away 4 times as many copies of what is secretly his favorite game.

Grief.exe

I summited at 11 AM Mountain (which is 10 AM Pacific, when the Steam Store resets). I had just enough bars to browse the awesome deals today.
Didn't buy anything from 14,000+ feet, but Alan Wake, Mark of the Ninja, System Shock 2, and Sleeping Dogs all for cheap brings a smile to my face.

izjAleYZy4W5Z.png

ixPtazvUw6QPS.png

No you have to download it.

All Gamebryo games, including Skyrim, have a 2GB RAM limitation. It gets bad, especially if you have mods installed.

I do believe they fixed this issue with a patch to Skyrim.

Suppose I'll have to take a look now, FO3 has been pretty irritating so far. First time I played it, it booted up fine and was great for about an hour. Then I quit, installed an ENB, and it was still fine but I had the weapon transparency issue, so I got the fix for that, installed it, enabled it, and the game started crashing on boot. Could fix it, so I uninstalled everything, which also apparently deleted my save file so now I have to go through obscenely long opening again. Oh, and now it crashes whenever I alt+tab out.

Gbraga

About to bite on the older DMC games. So should I definitely skip 3, and only get 4? Because I'd like to try both, especially since I've heard 3 is the better game, but I don't want to deal with terrible framerates and awful controls and all that shit.

Can you play the HD version on a console? Or emulate the PS2 version of 3? Those would be the best choices, the game is fantastic, but the PC version sucks.

that 5th mark of the ninja card sure took it's sweet time to drop. the good news is i didn't get any dupes and the rest are going for cheap on the market.

I am willing to get any DLCs for Magicka when they are 75% off as long as it's not too many, I already have a few (Vietnam?). I have a friend going to co-op with me, so if you know which ones have achievements, let me know.

I think you'll need Vietnam, The Stars are Left, The Other Side of the Coin and Dungeons and Daemons (fortunately, they are the only ones worth getting). You also need to play a game daily during a week in the Lonely Island Cruise map, which you can buy or maybe if you're lucky you'll find enough servers online (not sure how many people still play it nowadays).

Salsa

I summited at 11 AM Mountain (which is 10 AM Pacific, when the Steam Store resets). I had just enough bars to browse the awesome deals today.
Didn't buy anything from 14,000+ feet, but Alan Wake, Mark of the Ninja, System Shock 2, and Sleeping Dogs all for cheap brings a smile to my face.

izjAleYZy4W5Z.png

ixPtazvUw6QPS.png

is this some kind of instagram filter or are you in jupiter

izjAleYZy4W5Z.png

ixPtazvUw6QPS.png

Where are you?

Edwardo

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

System Shock 2 -- -- MB-87E0355298BA25D0 - Taken by IcyRhythms

All of my cards just sold... so enjoy!

Mikey Jr.

So is Sim City IV a good beginner SimCity? Never played any of them, but REALLY want to play one. Is it good? Was thinking V, but have heard just bad things over and over.

FaintDeftone

I picked up Bionic Commando for only $2.49 (the GRIN one with the wife for an arm). I've always been curious about this one but never actually attempted to give it a shot until now.

The game started out really awful but after I was set loose into the city and swinging around, I'm kind of enjoying it.

Grief.exe

So is Sim City IV a good beginner SimCity? Never played any of them, but REALLY want to play one. Is it good? Was thinking V, but have heard just bad things over and over.

Honestly, SimCity V is probably the best intro to the franchise. But that is also one of the reasons why everyone hates it, they dumbed it down and left no depth to the game.

Both SimCity IV and Tropico 4 are great games though.

I'm not much of a city builder guy, this is just the general consensus I have picked up from the Steam thread.

Typing out the problems with SimCity V like that, its really the same reason I dislike Skyrim. Dumbed it down to such an extent that there was no depth left.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Can you play the HD version on a console? Or emulate the PS2 version of 3? Those would be the best choices, the game is fantastic, but the PC version sucks.
My only consoles are PS1, Wii and 3DS, so sadly no to the first. And the latter requires both a more powerful PC than I currently have (I never tried emulating a PS2 game, but I doubt it'd run well) and a copy of the PS2 version of the game (not gonna pirate it).

Oh well, looks like I'll skip it then. DMC4 is worth getting, right?

I picked up Bionic Commando for only $2.49 (the GRIN one with the wife for an arm). I've always been curious about this one but never actually attempted to give it a shot until now.

The game started out really awful but after I was set loose into the city and swinging around, I'm kind of enjoying it.
It's a good game that simply seems unfinished in a few areas.

The core gameplay stuff (arm swinging, arm combat) is exceptional.

Nabs

Bionic Commando Rearmed is only $2.49? Shit, you all need to scoop that up. It's really good.

The modern game had really fun multiplayer. Capcom silently killed off the servers, but it still has functioning lan. If you want to play with friends you'll have to use something like Evolve (Tunngle and Hamachi were iffy).

Gbraga

My only consoles are PS1, Wii and 3DS, so sadly no to the first. And the latter requires both a more powerful PC than I currently have (I never tried emulating a PS2 game, but I doubt it'd run well) and a copy of the PS2 version of the game (not gonna pirate it).

Oh well, looks like I'll skip it then. DMC4 is worth getting, right?

If you're a fan of character action games, definitely. Dante's gameplay is insane. The story is complete garbage and the campaign has some serious issues though, so I wouldn't recommend it to someone who's not that into the genre, DMC3 and DmC I'd recommend anyway.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Look at the forums if you are on windows 8. I think you need to tinker with the game/settings before you can get it to run.

I think you'll need Vietnam, The Stars are Left, The Other Side of the Coin and Dungeons and Daemons (fortunately, they are the only ones worth getting). You also need to play a game daily during a week in the Lonely Island Cruise map, which you can buy or maybe if you're lucky you'll find enough servers online (not sure how many people still play it nowadays).
Thanks again. It looks like I have a few of those already.

Lonley Island was free for a Summer Sale 2011 ticket, if I recall. Oh, how I miss that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom