• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

I picked up Bionic Commando for only $2.49 (the GRIN one with the wife for an arm). I've always been curious about this one but never actually attempted to give it a shot until now.

The game started out really awful but after I was set loose into the city and swinging around, I'm kind of enjoying it.

The game's flaws are in the laughable story that actually feels like they cut scenes out and some annoying or rough level design. The gameplay is a blast, I would have loved if they had been able to refine a sequel.

Smash88

Banned
So I've been sitting here listening to Taylor Swift "22" while refreshing the page for foils to grab any that hit 50 cents or lower so I can get this foil badge.

...What have I done with my life?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If you're a fan of character action games, definitely. Dante's gameplay is insane. The story is complete garbage and the campaign has some serious issues though, so I wouldn't recommend it to someone who's not that into the genre, DMC3 and DmC I'd recommend anyway.
I haven't played many games similar to that, if any. I'd like to try one, and since DMC3 is a horrible port and DmC is too expensive right now, my best option is 4. Is it good for someone who wants to try the genre?

Yeah, I know that I ask too many questions, and I'm sorry about that. It's just that I don't want to feel like I'm wasting my money :/

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
1AS71zD.png

Giveaway #8 - In honor of crossing off another game from my wishlist, I decided it's time to give back to the community. Cheers!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-FCB300B36A8F727A - Taken by DukeBobby

5 more giveaways left...

DukeBobby

Finished the first 12 levels (of 50, I think) of Bad Rats. It's certainly better than Dinner date, that's for damn sure.

I'm gonna finish this thing before the end of the sale.

EDIT: Oh, you gotta be fucking kidding me...

Duh. You said that. I got ahead of myself. Nothing like climbing 14ers.

I'm in agreement, though this was a bit different from the ones in the Rockies that I did before :).

But back on the Steam Sale topic, one thing that I'm really wondering is why they tied card drops to time played as opposed to achievements hit. Seems like it would be more fun with everyone going out and actually playing their games and getting rewarded for doing difficult stuff as opposed to just idling like crazy. Valve must have some crazy economic reason for doing it this way.

Gbraga

I haven't played many games similar to that, if any. I'd like to try one, and since DMC3 is a horrible port and DmC is too expensive right now, my best option is 4. Is it good for someone who wants to try the genre?

Yeah, I know that I ask too many questions, and I'm sorry about that. It's just that I don't want to feel like I'm wasting my money :/

Hmm, hard to say. I mean, it IS good, but mostly for the combat, really, it's the main reason I like it. I guess it is cheap enough to get it just to see if you can get into the genre, yes. MGR is on it's way as well if you like it and want more of this kind of game that is unforunately lacking on PC.

maty

I need help picking a game to try to up my achievement count on.

Anodyne - 1/6
Audiosurf - 6/19
Defense Grid - 39/87
Dungeon Defenders - 6/104
Edge - 2/47
Hack, Slash, Loot - 2/17
Hard Reset - 10/115
Jamestown - 14/42
Left 4 Dead 2 - 5/69
Magicka - 7/78
Orcs Must Die! - 2/28
Psychonauts - 5/37
Revenge of the Titans - 20/77
Rush - 4/25
Sanctum - 17/100
Scoregasm - 3/19
Sequence - 9/21
SpaceChem - 2/20
They Bleed Pixels - 27/126
Titan Attacks - 11/47
Trine - 5/32
Winter Voices - 1/51

Something light and quick preferred (at least until August when I will not be a mental mess).

The following are the games I have completed and the time it took me to get all achievements:

Anodyne - 7 (need to do the speedrun, so I might leave it for a while)
Audiosurf - 8 hours
Orcs Must Die - around 28-30 hours
Psychonauts - 20-22h
Sequence - 14h
Trine - 13h

Hope that helps you

Zia

I thought about buying Rising Storm but it just wasn't in my budget. However, I saw that RO2 received cards, so I started downloading that and the download is called Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 Multiplayer? I'm very confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom