• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another day of not so exciting deals for me. Not because they are all that bad, but just nothing I need again. I probably would have caved on The Secret World if it was 75% off though.

I think Steam have really put on some good deals compared to their last big sale. I've managed to get most of my initial Top 5 wishlist so far at some really nice prices.

My haul so far:
The Swapper
Torchlight 2
Deadlight
System Shock 2
Nimbus
I Am Alive
Tomb Raider
Darksiders 2
Cave Story
To The Moon
Antichamber

My new Top 5:
Joe Danger 1 and 2
Trials Evolution
Adventures of Van Helsing
Street Fighter x Tekken
Rayman Origins

The following are the games I have completed and the time it took me to get all achievements:

Anodyne - 7 (need to do the speedrun, so I might leave it for a while)
Audiosurf - 8 hours
Orcs Must Die - around 28-30 hours
Psychonauts - 20-22h
Sequence - 14h
Trine - 13h

Hope that helps you
Much obliged, I will use your information well.

Serious Sam collection worth getting? I've only played a couple of them, they seem fun but 10 games for $10 is pretty tempting especially if they're actually okay.

I have $10.21 left in my wallet from selling cards, and these are the games I'm watching for deals on. Should I just pull the trigger on MotN and SD (base game only), or wait? I sort of really want Rogue Legacy, but it's so new that I don't think it'll drop.

Rogue Legacy
Shadow Warrior Redux
Mark of the Ninja
Sleeping Dogs
Dust
Don't Starve

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, hard to say. I mean, it IS good, but mostly for the combat, really, it's the main reason I like it. I guess it is cheap enough to get it just to see if you can get into the genre, yes. MGR is on it's way as well if you like it and want more of this kind of game that is unforunately lacking on PC.
Yeah, ended up buying it along with 2 pieces of Sleepy Dawgs DLC. Hope I enjoy it!

Mugatu

My top 5 I'm still hoping on good deals for are (in no particular order):

Kentucky Route Zero
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves
Monaco
Gunpoint
Prison Architect

I think most will be coming due to a couple being up for votes before and Prison Architect being a summer card.

It's kinda crazy that out of all the games i've gotten so far, 8 in total, the most "expensive" were only $5. Those were Scribblenauts and Borderlands. I'm eyeing Mark of the Ninja now.

Salsa

Kentucky Route Zero
Monaco
Gunpoint
Prison Architect

I think most will be coming due to a couple being up for votes before and Prison Architect being a summer card.

gunpoint was a flash sale (or community vote?) so it'll be a daily

Kentucky Route Zero
Monaco
Gunpoint
Prison Architect

Wasn't Monaco a flash sale yesterday? Or was it an unsuccessful community vote I can't remember.

ksan

So I loved Pinball FX2 on the 360, but I was thinking of buying it on steam as well, so I can play it while having streams up.
So two questions for the people who have it on steam.

Does it work well in windowed mode? Are there enough resolution options?
I only have one screen, so I'd like to have it on one side of the screen, as I like to have the stream taking up the left half.

And I haven't played any boards outside of the core pack, which other ones are good?

It's kinda crazy that out of all the games i've gotten so far, 8 in total, the most "expensive" were only $5. Those were Scribblenauts and Borderlands. I'm eyeing Mark of the Ninja now.

Get Mark of the Ninja. If you like stealth games then it is a must. $3.50 is almost criminal given how much enjoyment I got out of that game.

3phemeral

Just when I think I have FTL figured out, I get my ass handed to me during a string of excellent weapon grabs and ship augments. Such a beautiful collection of things destroyed by the realization I had no fuel. Then rebels. Rebels everywhere.

So I haven't played DMC since the first one for PS1 and I had a hard time with it since I'm just not good enough to play it well. How is the newest game in the series for someone like me? Is it still worth getting even though me being a shit hack and slash player?

Just out of curiosity, if we missed a deal sometime during the sale, it will be back during the last day or two for the finale, right?

I missed Dragon Age: Origins and a few other things in the first few days of the sale because that was before I knew that was as low as they'd go and was just wondering if I'd have a chance to get them again for the same price at the end. Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, if we missed a deal sometime during the sale, it will be back during the last day or two for the finale, right?

I missed Dragon Age: Origins and a few other things in the first few days of the sale because that was before I knew that was as low as they'd go and was just wondering if I'd have a chance to get them again for the same price at the end. Thanks!

Sale still has a week to go, if it doesn't show up as a flash sale, community choice or daily between now and then it's likely to be in the final blowout.

So I loved Pinball FX2 on the 360, but I was thinking of buying it on steam as well, so I can play it while having streams up.
So two questions for the people who have it on steam.

Does it work well in windowed mode? Are there enough resolution options?
I only have one screen, so I'd like to have it on one side of the screen, as I like to have the stream taking up the left half.

And I haven't played any boards outside of the core pack, which other ones are good?
You can download the game itself for free and sample all the boards for a time, so you check out and see if everything's to your liking.

It's ok. How many friends do you have that play it regularly and how long do you find shooting endless monsters fun? Also, probably not a popular opinion around here but the actual shooting in Killing Floor doesn't feel very good.
It's all about those satisfying head pops.

Super Quick BL2 DLC Review:

Captain Scarlett's Booty: 6 hours to complete, some decent humor, very run-of-the-mill Borderlands gameplay/quests
Mr. Torgue's: 5 hours to complete, again some decent humor, some forced. A few annoying quests, but some very cool environments and better bosses.
Hammerlock: 6 hours to complete, a lot of annoying quests, annoying enemies, not a lot of good humor, easily the worst one out of the four and pretty much just a fucking chore. Avoid this one.
Tiny Tina: 10 hours to complete. Great story, lots of great humor, lots of great quests, LOTS of references to other games. Lots of great boss fights. Highly recommended, some of the best Borderlands content in the entire franchise.

even when I got the game through the best buy thing, im still dumbfounded at having to pay $5 for ranger mode. That's the way I was thinking of playing

I really, really want to play the game on ranger mode, but I absolutely will not pay money for a difficulty setting. I also find it somewhat laughable that ranger mode isn't on sale right now.

Salsa

Super Quick BL2 DLC Review:

Captain Scarlett's Booty: 6 hours to complete, some decent humor, very run-of-the-mill Borderlands gameplay/quests
Mr. Torgue's: 5 hours to complete, again some decent humor, some forced. A few annoying quests, but some very cool environments and better bosses.
Hammerlock: 6 hours to complete, a lot of annoying quests, annoying enemies, not a lot of good humor, easily the worst one out of the four and pretty much just a fucking chore. Avoid this one.
Tiny Tina: 10 hours to complete. Great story, lots of great humor, lots of great quests, LOTS of references to other games. Lots of great boss fights. Highly recommended, some of the best Borderlands content in the entire franchise.

im no Borderlands 2 lover, a lot of the stuff irks me and rubs me the wrong way, but I played through the whole campaign in SP.

I have the season pass and all the content since day 1, but im still waiting to play through them in co-op, since while I still had fun alone, I feel like I should play it as it's meant to be played to SOME capacity.

I would gladly pay $5 for ranger mode had I got the game for $0.01

im not saying I wont, precisely cause I got it for $0.01, I just think it's incredibly stupid.

maty

It's ok. How many friends do you have that play it regularly and how long do you find shooting endless monsters fun? Also, probably not a popular opinion around here but the actual shooting in Killing Floor doesn't feel very good.

What???

NOPE

I know opinions but just no :p

On a side note, Incredipede needs to be a daily. It would have been 80% off if the community voted for it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom