• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hits so far. Dishonored and Natural Selection 2 were anniversary gifts :p
3EEyD.png

What???

NOPE

I know opinions but just no :p

On a side note, Incredipede needs to be a daily. It would have been 80% off if the community voted for it :(

I'm sorry, it just doesn't. There's something that's missing. I haven't played it enough to know for sure, but it's just not there. They certainly try to make the weapons feel punchy, but it just doesn't work. Not /terrible/ shooting mechanics, just not great.

I haven't seen anyone ask about the Assassin Creed games at 75% off but all I'm missing is Revelations. If I paid $5 for AC1-Brotherhood, do I buy the base game Revelations or do I spend another 2.49 for complete?

Haunted

Oh fuck, I just realised this steam sale has made me the guy I always made fun of, the one who spends too much money and goes around proclaiming "LOOK HOW MUCH MONEY I JUST SAVED".

Gabeeeennnnnnn
Okgyz.gif

but I have used photobucket since I was 10.
Thanks for making me feel old.

Super Quick BL2 DLC Review:

Captain Scarlett's Booty: 6 hours to complete, some decent humor, very run-of-the-mill Borderlands gameplay/quests
Mr. Torgue's: 5 hours to complete, again some decent humor, some forced. A few annoying quests, but some very cool environments and better bosses.
Hammerlock: 6 hours to complete, a lot of annoying quests, annoying enemies, not a lot of good humor, easily the worst one out of the four and pretty much just a fucking chore. Avoid this one.
Tiny Tina: 10 hours to complete. Great story, lots of great humor, lots of great quests, LOTS of references to other games. Lots of great boss fights. Highly recommended, some of the best Borderlands content in the entire franchise.
I agree for the most part, except Torgue was super glitchy for me and a friend on our co-op run. I liked Hammerlock more than most because of the enemies, but that's up to personal preference. But yes, Tiny Tina is my fave DLC in all of Borderlands.

NAPK1NS

Godamn man. Crysis is still one of the ballerest PC shooters ever. Those sequels are terrible. The flexibility of every combat situation makes it just as engaging as when I played it three years ago.

Skelter

Banned
Ok so I think it's time I bought Sleeping Dogs. What is the must have DLC? Anything that adds actual content and not just clothes.

Crayons

Banned
Oh fuck, I just realised this steam sale has made me the guy I always made fun of, the one who spends too much money and goes around proclaiming "LOOK HOW MUCH MONEY I JUST SAVED".

Gabeeeennnnnnn
Okgyz.gif

Thanks for making me feel old.

No problem. I always try to make gaffers feel old.

Prophane33

If I had bandwith caps for my internet I'd be so screwed. I've downloaded TBs this month.

I can't imagine having download caps, it would make me sad. Which is unfortunate, because I'm moving to a place where I'll have to use Comcast...which as we all know has bandwidth caps. :-(

maty

I'm sorry, it just doesn't. There's something that's missing. I haven't played it enough to know for sure, but it's just not there. They certainly try to make the weapons feel punchy, but it just doesn't work. Not /terrible/ shooting mechanics, just not great.

Np, just having fun. You are free to think what you want. :)

I have no issues with the weapons. Also, I find it very satisfying when doing headshots and coming out alive when surrounded. But it can get very messy.

Besides it's always better to have good teammates.

Crayons

Banned
I beat Sleeping Dogs on the PS3 because it alawys freezes up my PC. I would have bought the DLC but it'd probably just freeze up my computer again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom