• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is acquiring "trading cards" the only way to raise your Steam level? I have been doing most of the community votes, but have yet to receive anything like it says you will after three votes - but I just realized it is because I am only at Steam Level 2.

Prophane33

I think it's 720p on 360.

Far from an expert, but I was under the impression that most (if not all) 360 games ran at a native resolution of 720p.

So is acquiring "trading cards" the only way to raise your Steam level? I have been doing most of the community votes, but have yet to receive anything like it says you will after three votes - but I just realized it is because I am only at Steam Level 2.

crafting them into badges raises your level, as does buying games.

Mugatu

I think buying games gives you XP as well. Also crafting stuff should.

Salsa

each game you buy gives you 2xp

derExperte

I'm sorry, it just doesn't. There's something that's missing. I haven't played it enough to know for sure, but it's just not there. They certainly try to make the weapons feel punchy, but it just doesn't work. Not /terrible/ shooting mechanics, just not great.

Then play the Fire Bug. Burning things is great in KF, so satisfying. As is shooting but you need to a) level up the classes and b) know which weapons to use and this takes time. At first the weapons aren't punchy because they deal out less damage than later on.

vilmer_

Who cares about Half-Life, there needs to be a kickstarter to get Episode 2 in development.

Totally agree!

What game is this fellow GAFfer? I'm serious, never heard of it.

It was a 'sequel' of sorts to the original SiN that was an FPS built on the Quake 2 engine. Episodes was built using the Source engine and is an absolutely phenomenal game in many ways. There were supposed to be 9 episodes in total, but they only released 1 :(

Digoman

Ok so I think it's time I bought Sleeping Dogs. What is the must have DLC? Anything that adds actual content and not just clothes.

Honestly... none are *must have*. Year of the Snake is probably the best one, but the other "story" ones are just decent diversions.

The base game is more the enough.

Thank you based Noogy, Dust cards are still selling between 30 and 50cents... A fortune in current market!

That's not that great if you want to craft the badge like I am... and I don't know what that says about how much the game sold...

Volotaire

Totally agree!

It was a 'sequel' of sorts to the original SiN that was an FPS built on the Quake 2 engine. Episodes was built using the Source engine and is an absolutely phenomenal game in many ways. There were supposed to be 9 episodes in total, but they only released 1 :(

Yeh I played this with a family member. be careful, there are some terrible game breaking bugs in there, but it's a cool game.

chugen

so pretty :3

rafx7tL.jpg

Are there many hidden gems(75% off as standard etc) this sale that people have come across? I know there is an Indie thread, but surely there is some really good non indie deals out there as well.

I wish you could filter the search to show all games with x% off.

Volotaire

I'm going for Amnesia. I'll only be able to play Indie/pre 2010-11 games at Uni with my laptop and short burst games would be perfect (although I know it's long)

Salsa

Are there many hidden gems(75% off as standard etc) this sale that people have come across? I know there is an Indie thread, but surely there is some really good non indie deals out there as well.

I wish you could filter the search to show all games with x% off.

2 things:

- I always make a separate thread on the last day with the cheapest deals/recommendations

- this is in the OP:

you can use it to list games in order of savings/price/etc

Check out the community tasks in your badges section. Doing most of those tasks should take you to level 4-5. If you need to get one more level craft a badge for 100 points.
And keep voting, your votes count retro actively once you hit level 5.

The_Monk

Always learning with GAF. Thanks for answering fellow GAFfer!

derExperte

Wow, I put 8 hours into Sniper: Nazi Zombie Army which is more than I anticipated but that's it. Shooting zombies in the head is fun with four people but there are so many bugs which sometimes stop you from progressing and aren't even fixable by restarting at the last checkpoint. I swear every third game some important script breaks. Also very little planning is necessary, this is a perfect example for 'better turn your brain off'.

SiN Episodes has 3 different installs in my library. SiN(600mb), SiN Episodes: Emergence(2gb) and SiN multiplayer.

Do I need both SiN and SiN Episodes or just SiN Episodes?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom