• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDown

Banned
What's up with the LucasArts discounts? Only 33% off across their entire catalog? I guess that's because of Disney, right? I mean, Disney has, for some odd reason, no presence at all on Steam (except for LucasArts that is).

Come on, release Pure goddammit!
Same w/ Ubisoft :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated to v3.9.4 which includes an updated Spanish translation, a new Czech translation, and fixes a bug where all games were showing Tages DRM on the German Steam store.

Wow, Sleeping Dogs is a huge disappointment. It looks fantastic, but the car control is HORRIBLE. It feels like I 'am' the car, instead of driving the car. A ram button? Really?

io87dMi9N76ss.gif

Tellaerin

Too bad retail keys don't work, I still have my box.

UT3 lets you activate but I'm not seeing any cards for that.

Bummer. I've got my Unreal, UT, Unreal 2, and UT2k4 discs sitting here on the CD rack at my desk. UT2k3 is... around. In a box somewhere, I think. I try not to think about UT2k3. UT3 I only own a digital copy of.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The greatest thing about OG FEAR is that fuckin shotgun. My god.

Also, the AI still impresses to this day, and makes most other shooters since then seem like they aren't even trying (because they aren't). And its jumpscares are unmatched in the field of jump-scare-ology.

It still looks good too.

I love that game.

Grief.exe

What's up with the LucasArts discounts? Only 33% off across their entire catalog? I guess that's because of Disney, right? I mean, Disney has, for some odd reason, no presence at all on Steam (except for LucasArts that is).

Come on, release Pure goddammit!

There will be a franchise sale featuring all of the Lucas Arts games. Just be patient.

They did one after the acquisition by Disney, so there will be another one.

botlite

I hope everyone has bought Deus Ex Human Revolution + The Missing Link and Dishonored if they don't own them already. They are excellent.

oipic

So tempted by Kerbal - I mean, space flight! How cool is that? The Shuttle program is one of my favourite things, EVER. I guess I'm the target market for this, then?

I'm just a tad concerned that I'd be lost and directionless with the whole sandboxiness of it as it currently stands, as I'm not the most creative and free-thinking guy.

Will install and tinker with the demo in the lead-up to the sale deal expiring - but is KSP recommended in its current guise for a 'technical' person to tinker with and make his own fun from?

Zia

Nice to see that Epic is self-aware enough to realize UT2K4 is their best game. It's the last DM game I played competitively, and I'm having trouble not buying it for the cards.

sunnz

Wow, Sleeping Dogs is a huge disappointment. It looks fantastic, but the car control is HORRIBLE. It feels like I 'am' the car, instead of driving the car. A ram button? Really?

Yea the driving is pretty bad.

But, the best way, and really the only way, to drive cars in the game is to just use the drift button, so easy to use and pretty fun ( but not really rewarding to pull of the drifts, as its so easy)

The physics are just very very simple and typical, put yourself in the "arcade" mind and you will understand, in a sense.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
It's really annoying me that I can't seem to simply talk about my experience about a game when it doesn't gel with the general consensus. Guess I'll just talk about games I like?
You're certainly welcome to your opinion. Just seems weird to be so down on a beat-em up because of the driving.

Hanzou

It's really annoying me that I can't seem to simply talk about my experience about a game when it doesn't gel with the general consensus. Guess I'll just talk about games I like?

The cars are weird at first but you do get used to them, game is Fantastic. I enjoyed it more than GTA 4 and Saints Row 3.

there are currently about 30k of each summer card on the market. We're only halfway.

those things are going to tank majorly just before the end of the sale. Currently already at 10 cents each.

Crayons

Banned
Try harder. I could understand if you came here and said Tomb Raider is shit, but Sleeping Dogs is universally loved like chocolate chip cookies. I swear that its great, amazing atmosphere, engaging story and beautiful graphics. I love the comic relief and the tough guy attitude. I love the experience of being in the triads without actually being involved in organized crime. I know not everyone can like a game, but Sleeping Dogs comes pretty close.

Omega

Banned

or maybe you should elaborate more?

When your only complaint is car control how else do you expect people to react? It's an open world action game. If Sleeping Dogs was a racing game, shitty car controls would be a perfectly legitimate complaint.

What you just did was like saying NBA 2K sucks because it doesn't properly simulate an NBA players lifestyle

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
FEAR 3 on the highest difficulty was almost a challenge. More than I can say for 99% of modern shooters.
You're right. That said, I never equate difficulty to enjoyment, nor think a hard game is necessary a good one. I didn't feel a sense of accomplishment after beating the game twice, it was disappointment.

I'll say it again: it's not a bad game per se. It's average at best, but considering where it comes from and the games it succeeds, it's inexcusable. And when thinking about it as part of the F.E.A.R. franchise, then it is indeed bad.

With all this fear talk, I will now be picking up the first game. Happy GAF?
Yes, very. Congrats, hope you really enjoy one of the (in my opinion, of course) best games ever made.

Tellaerin

I don't think there's a problem with you talking about it. It's just that if the majority of people disagree, most of the responses you get are going to be people telling you why they think you're wrong. That's just par for the course with any game, though.

Eusis

More like previous sales, when Valve gave a shit about CyL, Sir Roderick, Tappet, and the rest of the gang because they weren't heartless corporate assholes just out to make a quick buck instead of hanging out and telling stories with da dudes
I do wonder what was going on with phasing them out like that. Was there someone who pushed for them that left? Or as Steam sales gained more prominence the publishers wanted to push their own characters or IP more at the expense of Valve created characters? It does seem like most of these were drawn by artists from the actual companies, Bioshock Infinite definitely look slike it could be official artwork.

So I mainly like arcadey games. My computer isn't the best. I I don't really like stealth games. I'm not a big fan of 3rd person shooters or 1st person shooters.

But have always wanted to play Deus ex.

The only game I think might be close to Deus ex is The Witcher but I've only played the first one and was a huge fan.

Is it worth 3 dollars to me or should I just wait for something else that might come along?

Bentendo

Okay, I need some help.I bought You Need a Budget and I really like it but apparently everytime I start it up it lets my Steam friends know I'm using it, which is kind of embarrassing. Any way of disabling this so that it let's them know games I'm playing but NOT You Need a Budget?

BHK3

Banned

I agree, I hated it. Fighting is awful, driving is bad, the 'parkour' is lame, I just hated everything about it, so janky.

Crayons

Banned
Okay, I need some help.I bought You Need a Budget and I really like it but apparently everytime I start it up it lets my Steam friends know I'm using it, which is kind of embarrassing. Any way of disabling this so that it let's them know games I'm playing but NOT You Need a Budget?

You brought this upon yourself.

Tellaerin

Why's it embarassing that your friends know you're managing your finances? I don't get it.

So I mainly like arcadey games. My computer isn't the best. I I don't really like stealth games. I'm not a big fan of 3rd person shooters or 1st person shooters.

But have always wanted to play Deus ex.

The only game I think might be close to Deus ex is The Witcher but I've only played the first one and was a huge fan.

Is it worth 3 dollars to me or should I just wait for something else that might come along?

What do you mean by arcadey games? I'm a little confused by that and then The Witcher.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Just run another game before running it.

DukeBobby

Well, you've just told us that you're playing it.

And guess what? We don't care. Go ahead and play it.

sunnz

Gaf, which should I play first, Human Revolution or New Vegas?

New vegas is the type of game you can lose yourself in ( spend many hours in, can go do random stuff around the map).

Probably better to get HR out of the way and then jump in to NV, it's the type of game you will enjoy a lot more when you don't have to rush it and can just explore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom