• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoKKeR

The cutscenes are loading screens. Once the next section has loaded, you can skip away.

On the PC (depending on your hardware, of course) the loadtimes can be pretty short. On my PC, I can skip the cutscenes almost immediately.

It's definitely better on PC. A lot more beautiful and aiming is infinitely better with a mouse.

So I imagined. At this point though my back log is a big enough mess to pass at $10. Good to know about the load times, though.

rockx4

I remember last time DA went on sale I bought DA: Awakenings only to realize the Ultimate Edition was available... just not in the country I reside in.

I actually THOUGHT about buying the DLC through Bioware but it's never discounted on PC. I never felt so burned in my life.

Yea, the DLC through Bioware is a fucken ripoff, and totally fucks over people who bought the game before the Ultimate Edition. They make no effort to drop the DLC prices after the Ultimate Edition releases.

vilmer_

I'm pretty sure there was a glitch in the Steam circuitry and they gave me 2 copies of DA: Origins. Anyone want to see if gifting this second one works lol.

Nothing for me in the flash deals, but I voted Surgery Simulator because I regret not getting it earlier.

edit: reading this thread, I feel that people wanted me to vote for Primordia

is Aliens : Colonial Marines finally worth it at 12.49$? I'm expecting shite, but i love Aliens, so for that price it should be worth it no? is the story good at least?

Turfster

Since people are asking, some more Mars War Logs impressions for those wondering:

Is it worth $9.99? Probably yes, but only just. You'd best be waiting for 75% off if the setting doesn't immediately grab you. For games of this type though? We are not exactly swimming in other choices.

Thanks for the write-up, I'll wait. Since I'm in Europe, it's basically 14$ at the moment, which is more than I'm willing to pay for a game with so many flaws. It's usually the smaller 'niggles' that annoy the most, after all.

is Aliens : Colonial Marines finally worth it at 12.49$? I'm expecting shite, but i love Aliens, so for that price it should be worth it no? is the story good at least?

I got it for free, and I'm regretting my purchase, as it were.
If you love Aliens, you'll hate this thing even more, btw.

JDHarbs

Everything is terrible except for the Horde mode that you have to pay for. I wouldn't bite until it drops below $5.

Prophane33

Oh, I thought you meant that there's in-game items or something.

5 cards isn't that much, considering the card prices are pretty low now.

I still haven't spent more than 2.49 of my own money during the sale and thanks to selling cards I've got 3 games, 2 pieces of DLC, a couple cards to get my summer sale badge, and still have 1.31 to spare (and growing).

kbozz71

Banned
I REALLY want Dragon age ultimate but the price is just a bit too steep.. Shouldn't this be like 5 bucks by now lol?

You're getting an awful lot for that price. It includes Awakening and all of the DLC's. And the mods, sooooo many mods for this game. You wont regret buying it.

I played the hell out of the original Red Orchestra. I loved the realism aspect of it. It was a slower pace and was just a blast.

Few questions- is there a pretty active community for RO2? Do I need to purchase RO2 and then buy Rising Storm or is it standalone?

I played the hell out of the original Red Orchestra. I loved the realism aspect of it. It was a slower pace and was just a blast.

Few questions- is there a pretty active community for RO2? Do I need to purchase RO2 and then buy Rising Storm or is it standalone?

Yes it's pretty active, just buy Rising Storm and you get access to even the older RO2 European theater maps.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I still haven't spent more than 2.49 of my own money during the sale and thanks to selling cards I've got 3 games, 2 pieces of DLC, a couple cards to get my summer sale badge, and still have 1.31 to spare (and growing).

I've spent around $20 on games and the rest I got from cards and gifts. Card prices are really low for some games, but they add up. I made back the money I spent on McPixel and Organ Trail from the cards I got from them (Got them in a Humble Bundle)

Sorian

Banned
I don't get this rage. It's a funny game, and looks cool(not that I'll vote for it, already have it.)

It's a funny game for free, its garbage for any amount of money. I wouldn't pay for QWOP, why would I pay for this? There are better games to vote for.

Razorskin

----- ------
I'm pretty sure there was a glitch in the Steam circuitry and they gave me 2 copies of DA: Origins. Anyone want to see if gifting this second one works lol.

tJR2mnK.png

Thanks man!

glL6D4q.png

Someone on another forum just pointed out how the EA published game is the only game in the dailies without trading cards. Wonder if it was intentional by Valve to pair Crysis 2 up with nothing but games that have trading cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom