• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Voted for Primordia. Never heard of it before but it looks neat.

Also really close to biting on Civ V though I've never played any in the series. Should I get the Gold one? What's really added there?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Put Trials Evolution Gold on a deeper sale Gaben!

COME ON

how much is the secret world going for?

can't see it in my region

capturewkqqc.png

But what about the story? I feel I should play them all, don't want to jump straight to the middle.

If you want to play for story then start with AC2 its good, a decent length, and not as repetitive as AC1. And you won't miss much story since that's where it really gets going.

But what about the story? I feel I should play them all, don't want to jump straight to the middle.

The games are pretty much 99% gameplay (doing the same thing over and over) and have about 2 minutes of story in total. What story is there isn't really any good.

You can jump in at any time and get the gist of it so I'd just play brotherhood and be done with the series.

Secret World made me wonder, I can still buy the game if it doesn't show up in my region's store?

Does it get blocked or something? Or is it just related to prices/payment options?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Couldn't agree more. Also, if you bought the vanilla game when it first came out, check out the "Upgrade to Gold" DLC available for 5$... It is a RIDICULOUS amount of content for 5$. Basically every single piece of DLC released so far except the brand new expension that just came out. That's like 25-30$ of content for 5$.

Yup. It is by far my most played game on Steam. Really has amazing depth and great gameplay. B

Civ 5 is that tiiiiny bit too expensive for me :(

Civ 5 has that 'one more turn' gameplay. You will lose track of time when you start to play. I have stood up countless nights just 'playing one more turn.' Trust me, $7.50 is a damn steal.

The Brave New World is unsafe for me to live in :(

Buy it and love.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey everyone don't forget:

Enhanced Steam video contest ends 7/21. Details here. Win a game on your wishlist up to $29.99!

I got one that had 3 regular Hotline Miami cards in it.

I was so disappointed.
yikes. I'm trying to level up to get to level 10 for that booster pack percent boost. I need dr. fetus and bandage girl to complete the meat boy badge. Any generous GAFfers out there? I have some FTL cards too.

Enco

Voted for Primordia. Never heard of it before but it looks neat.

Also really close to biting on Civ V though I've never played any in the series. Should I get the Gold one? What's really added there?
Yea get the gold one.

It took me a while before actually getting into the game but damn it's amazing now. Couldn't recommend it enough. In time you will grow to love it.

Gold version is a bargain. You get all of the dlc save for the newest. The first big dlc is included and adds a lot to the game.

Edit: I didn't believe people when they said its a one more turn kind of thing but holy crap it is. Never has time gone by so quickly. I was playing with friends and before I knew it 3 hours had passed and we had to use a load of force to actually stop. So so so addictive.

masterkajo

People gifting Dragon Age: Origins UItimate Editions left and right (and Steam is somehow helping).

Will go to bed now and hope I can somehow get Devil May Cry and Dust tomorrow (Paypal takes forever to transfer funds on). If anyone is interested to gift it to me for maybe a UPlay copy of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon or something else, be my guest. Will check my PMs tomorrow morning.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh trust me, you don't want to play ass creed 1.
No, but I have to. I played up until chapter 4 at a friend's, and it felt very repetitive. But if I want to play the rest, I should finish that one.

The meta-story is f'ing bullshit, don't worry about it, the classic story of each is more or less self-sustaining, even with Ezio. Play the second if you must, but Brohood is a tad better than 2 in all areas.
Really? I had heard 2 was the best one, at least compared to the first.

I need someone from GAF to help me out. I want Civ V but I don't have the funds today by the time the sale ends. If someone would buy it, I will pay them back $9.50 and the paypal fee to gift it to me.

Please PM me if you will agree to do this.

Yuck, having to put a new roof on our house. Later, $5,000! You'd think that this would make it easy to spend $10 on Rogue Legacy, but nooooo. I've been conditioned to wait until at least 50%.

It is turn based, dummy.

Yes

It's not really RTS, it's TBS. But it's easy for newcomers.

It's not really an "RTS" per se, as you take turns, and don't control an army in real time. It's more like a board game. Civ5 was my first Civ game, and I think it's excellent. You should be fine :) It's alot of fun.

Haven't played any of the new ones, but its a pretty accessible franchise.

Thanks everyone. I'm gonna give it a shot. Purchased.

My PC won't like it very well. But then again I've been playing through Bioshock Infinite at 700x400 something resolution and am about halfway through the game and the graphics look like absolute shit, however the k/m controls and 60fps helps me stomach it.

Oh man, that sounds awful :(

How old is your rig, and do you plan on upgrading any time soon?

Civ V looks shiny and brand new, but I told myself I would start with Civ IV. I also told myself I wouldn't be buying anything else during this sale. Civ IV Complete is tempting. Also, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams looks really good at that price. Still waiting for a possible price drop for Anomaly 2, though.

Voted for Primordia.

Prophane33

Civ V looks shiny and brand new, but I told myself I would start with Civ IV. I also told myself I wouldn't be buying anything else during this sale. Civ IV Complete is tempting. Also, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams looks really good at that price. Still waiting for a possible price drop for Anomaly 2, though.

Voted for Primordia.

If it makes you feel better Civ IV is arguably the better game between the two.

maty

I need someone from GAF to help me out. I want Civ V but I don't have the funds today by the time the sale ends. If someone would buy it, I will pay them back $9.50 and the paypal fee to gift it to me.

Please PM me if you will agree to do this.

I can help. Pmed

How do you get that info? I have Enhanced Steam but it doesn't show up.

It is from Steam Price Comparison - Unpowered edition (chrome plugin), not enhanced steam.

Really? I had heard 2 was the best one, at least compared to the first.

tbh they are all pretty much the same game. I think 2 is generally recommended because a lot of people played it and enjoyed it after how terrible 1 was. The later games are just as good as 2, but you'll be really burnt out on them because 2 is a long, long game for what you do.

El Odio

Banned
Is this now a Civ V recommendation thread? Cause anyone who is on the edge about buying this or close to it should just go for it. The addictive and fun gameplay is well worth the base price so price reduction makes it a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom