• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbozz71

Banned
Any one in particular you'd recommend?

Morrigan restoration pack, extra dog slot, skip the fade, The Phoenix armory, Zevran dialogue fix, Improved atmosphere, and many more over at Dragon Age Nexus. There are also some nice "adult" mods if you're into that kind of stuff, lol. No way you could stop at just one :D

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'd jump on Civ V but I've barely touched Civ IV because of the depth.

Is Civ V a bit easier to get into for a newbie?

Someone on another forum just pointed out how the EA published game is the only game in the dailies without trading cards. Wonder if it was intentional by Valve to pair Crysis 2 up with nothing but games that have trading cards.

I can see EA just sitting there wishing they had a piece of the pie Valve is making on this sale. I mean if Origin competed with Valve and wasn't exclusive with EA games that would be win win win, but no.

Sir, yes sir.

titan-1101.png

Good. Good.

I've done my work. Everybody else get to voting for that game. Looks absolutely amazing and from the same developers of Gemini Rue. I want to buy this game arghhh!!!

Attack-on-Titan-salute.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I wish the Assassin's Creed games were cheaper, especially the older ones. I'd like to get into the franchise, but I don't want to pay $5 for each.

Stoze

Voted for Primordia, might not buy it though, I've already got way too many adventure games in my backlog. Oh! I also got a new card from voting, and guess what, its my 5th fucking Dead Island Riptide card.

I played the hell out of the original Red Orchestra. I loved the realism aspect of it. It was a slower pace and was just a blast.

Few questions- is there a pretty active community for RO2? Do I need to purchase RO2 and then buy Rising Storm or is it standalone?

RO2 MP is included when you purchase Rising Storm. Really great deal at that price.

I did, and I love it. Way too many platformers these days are puzzle platformers. This one is fast and has good combat.

i really love the speed at which you go down the tower. especially with rage activated. the unlockables keep me coming back for more and there's still a bunch of weapons i haven't tried out yet.

RoKKeR

Just logged onto Steam for the first time this week.

"Scanning for Steam game updates..."

...forever. Is this just Steam chugging like mad?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ok think I'm just going to stick with civ iv for now and get v during the winter sale.

Get Civ 5, it is down right amazing. I jumped into it, never played any in the series and couldn't remember the last time I played a RTS, but I'm glad I did. Can be a lot to take it, but Civ 5 does a great job helping your hand and showing you the ropes.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I played some Dragon Age Origins last night. Why was my dwarve black with cornrows and named "Kimbo Slice", but my entire family was white? This game sucks.

Cth

Get Civ 5, it is down right amazing. I jumped into it, never played any in the series and couldn't remember the last time I played a RTS, but I'm glad I did. Can be a lot to take it, but Civ 5 does a great job helping your hand and showing you the ropes.

I've played civilization before, and love it.

Just feel strange skipping IV since I won a full copy from Modbot.

If there were significant upgrades I might get it by the end of the sale. Gonna play IV first it's only fair :)

But what about the story? I feel I should play them all, don't want to jump straight to the middle.

The meta-story is f'ing bullshit, don't worry about it, the classic story of each is more or less self-sustaining, even with Ezio. Play the second if you must, but Brohood is a tad better than 2 in all areas.

Megasoum

Banned

Couldn't agree more. Also, if you bought the vanilla game when it first came out, check out the "Upgrade to Gold" DLC available for 5$... It is a RIDICULOUS amount of content for 5$. Basically every single piece of DLC released so far except the brand new expension that just came out. That's like 25-30$ of content for 5$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom