• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorian

Banned
Let's talk hypotheticals here. Say Rouge Legacy showed up on a community choice. The world is a good place, right? It would win, wouldn't it?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If you want to play for story then start with AC2 its good, a decent length, and not as repetitive as AC1. And you won't miss much story since that's where it really gets going.
Just get 2 and Brotherhoods then. The story in the first game can be summarised in a few sentences.
The games are pretty much 99% gameplay (doing the same thing over and over) and have about 2 minutes of story in total. What story is there isn't really any good.

You can jump in at any time and get the gist of it so I'd just play brotherhood and be done with the series.
Poor AC1, nobody likes it!

I'll skip it then, thanks guys. Brotherhood alone, or AC2 and ACB? I'll probably skip Revelations too, heard several negative opinions about it.

hmm...i'm only waiting for $6 gunpoint so one more give away.

hI0cQMq.jpg

super house of dead ninjas to post #6351

super house of dead ninjas to post #6352

mark of the ninja to post #6353

and ticket to ride to post #6354

i'll be gifting shodn through steam so add me if you win: http://steamcommunity.com/id/evaz18/

i'll pm codes for the other two codes. good luck!

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
soooooo tempted for that civ V gold upgrade which is a massive deal.....but gonna hold out and grab revelations.....or am i......damnit lol

Let's talk hypotheticals here. Say Rouge Legacy showed up on a community choice. The world is a good place, right? It would win, wouldn't it?

Depends on the games it goes up against and their discounts. Gunpoint lost because the other games had a better discount #nofaithinhumanity

RiverBed

Banned
What are all these 'cards' that are suddenly appearing in the sale? I never saw that before. I'm used to seeing games and expansions, but I definitely never seen that 'card' ribbon before.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
hmm...i'm only waiting for $6 gunpoint so one more give away.

hI0cQMq.jpg

super house of dead ninjas to post #6351

super house of dead ninjas to post #6352

mark of the ninja to post #6353

and ticket to ride to post #6354

i'll be gifting shodn through steam so add me if you win: http://steamcommunity.com/id/evaz18/

i'll pm codes for the other two codes. good luck!
I read the name Ticket to Ride and instantly think about the Beatles.

Amneisac

So, like just how bad is Aliens: CM as of now, have any of the patches been any help? I'd be playing 100% in co-op. Is it seriously that bad?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
tbh they are all pretty much the same game. I think 2 is generally recommended because a lot of people played it and enjoyed it after how terrible 1 was. The later games are just as good as 2, but you'll be really burnt out on them because 2 is a long, long game for what you do.
What a weird franchise this is. Maybe I should remain far away from it, lol

Revelations > Brotherhood. GAF Come at me.
Oh no, you just didn't!

Actually, I don't have any opinion about them. My only experience is with the first 4 chapters of AC1.

scottzorus

Neo Member
Actually played a game I bought on the sale
Ended up playing through hotline miami, pretty sweet game
Started up Ys 1, that combat system took some getting used to

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
What a weird franchise this is. Maybe I should remain far away from it, lol

Oh no, you just didn't!

Actually, I don't have any opinion about them. My only experience is with the first 4 chapters of AC1.

as far as im concerned ac2-bro-rev are all one big game, i cant say i have disliked any AC, its become a forumla but at least they are enjoyable games and its fun to run around in em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom