• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esqueleto

Banned
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Castle Crashers -- MB-9EEC8B1EC16FA5DC - Taken by Jiggaloboy
Just an extra from a 4 pack.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
or maybe you should elaborate more?

When your only complaint is car control how else do you expect people to react? It's an open world action game. If Sleeping Dogs was a racing game, shitty car controls would be a perfectly legitimate complaint.

What you just did was like saying NBA 2K sucks because it doesn't properly simulate an NBA players lifestyle
C'mon dude, that's not a proper analogy and you know it. NBA 2K doesn't feature life outside the courts. Sleeping Dogs, from what I can understand (haven't played it yet), features a lot of driving. Why isn't that a valid complaint?

Mordeccai

If that video doesn't make you laugh you have no soul.

Then I am but a husk, sitting in my room posting on my computer. Part of my disdain stems from my malign attitude towards Skrillex. I enjoy electronic music, but his (especially anything off the Bangarang EP) just kills my ears.

I have now sunk six hours into Reus, this is definitely a neat game. If I can get 15 hours out of it I will be quite content, but it appears there are a lot of unlockables that will keep me playing it for longer.

I hope everyone has bought Deus Ex Human Revolution + The Missing Link and Dishonored if they don't own them already. They are excellent.

someone on my friendslist from GAF doesnt have it yet. (shows it as on his wishlist)

I'd gift it to him but he's so popular I'm sure it's been gifted to him already and it awaiting to be added to his library.

upon further inspection with only 8 friends, I'll send that gift his way (Deus Ex : HR). He asked for this.

BadAss2961

Not really the console's fault, PS3 has supported high quality cutscenes(and if anything uses them much more often than PC games) since day 1 and they could easily compress them with more care for the 360. Companies just don't put any effort into it.
CG cutscenes is such an odd and out-of-date solution altogether. They really couldn't do in-engine cutscenes (pre-rendered at least) so the character models and environments could stay consistent?

On top of everything, the CG didn't even look good. It was terribly done regardless of resolution. lol

AxeMan

Okay, I need some help.I bought You Need a Budget and I really like it but apparently everytime I start it up it lets my Steam friends know I'm using it, which is kind of embarrassing. Any way of disabling this so that it let's them know games I'm playing but NOT You Need a Budget?

I posted a solution to this in a previous Sale thread.

Look in the download files for YNAB.
You should see a text file containing the serial key
Download YNAB from the YNAB website
Install YNAB to a different location from the Steam version
Register new version of YNAB with the serial key in the Steam download

Enjoy anonymous budgeting!

Sorral

6i94DE7Q9lx5ARWhfxQkS6Elyd1UI.jpg
6i94F1wSjnBAbntkbl6GLpK2dziZH.jpg

Giving away these two games. Do I have to do a contest or can I just post the Modbot message here? Sorry for asking. I wasn't really following the past two threads.
I enjoyed Killing floor so much especially with friends/others and I thought that it deserved some attention.

MechaX

How is everyone's cash count so far?

I personally spent $36.30 so far for Dust Elysian Tale, Deus Ex HR, Civ 5 Gold, Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion, and Tomb Raider Anniversary, Legend, and Underworld.

When I realize how much value I got for a meager $35~ dollars, assuming I like each and every one of those games, especially compared to how a lot of games cost $60 for 10 or so hours of content, God damn, this is the true moment of clarity of Steam sales.

chronomac

So it looks like the trading card market is crashing. I'm only getting dimes for my stuff now, if that. I guess I should savor the free games I've gotten so far. If and when Rogue Legacy goes on sale, I'll be using real cash. And I think it'll be the end of the sale for me.

Hey guys, I'm having trouble...I want to buy the orange box but I currently live in Korea and none of the payment options work for me. Can anyone help me? I could PayPal you $ and see if it works....pm me :)

RetroMG

Friends! it is time for tonight's RetroGamer giveaway!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Awesomenauts -- MB-E94786C910BFEB40 - Taken by Foxy Fox 39
Hotline Miami -- MB-CE6237ABECE3C4D8 - Taken by gabbo

Giving away these two games. Do I have to do a contest or can I just post the Modbot message here? Sorry for asking. I wasn't really following the past two threads.
I enjoyed Killing floor so much especially with friends/others and I thought that it deserved some attention.

I'd like Castle Crashers, what do you want me to do for it? :)

How is everyone's cash count so far?

I personally spent $36.30 so far for Dust Elysian Tale, Deus Ex HR, Civ 5 Gold, Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion, and Tomb Raider Anniversary, Legend, and Underworld.

When I realize how much value I got for a meager $35~ dollars, assuming I like each and every one of those games, especially compared to how a lot of games cost $60 for 10 or so hours of content, God damn, this is the true moment of clarity of Steam sales.

About $26 so far

Grief.exe

Anyone want to trade Killing Floor cards? I have extra Clot and Scrake cards.

Looking for other Killing Floor cards.

I posted this in the trading card thread as well, but this one is more active.

Turfster

Do you want us monkeys dance for your pleasure, or do you just want to give them to someone and be done with it?

mannerbot

You can just do the ModBot thing, or Ingueferroque and I can fight to the death for it...

adaen

Wow, Germans are really screwed. It wasn't enough with giving them censored games, now they also added Tages on top of that!

Speaking of censored games. I bought Max Payne 3 from the store because I still had card money only to discover that it's actually censored in Germany without a notice on store page (usually there is one).

Feels really bad.

Dingotech

Still tempted by Reus today, wish I was at home getting cards, then I might be easily convinced by having free steam $ to buy it with.

I should get around to doing my tax return like JaseC, then I might feel like I have some free cash.

antitrop

Then I am but a husk, sitting in my room posting on my computer. Part of my disdain stems from my malign attitude towards Skrillex. I enjoy electronic music, but his (especially anything off the Bangarang EP) just kills my ears.

I have now sunk six hours into Reus, this is definitely a neat game. If I can get 15 hours out of it I will be quite content, but it appears there are a lot of unlockables that will keep me playing it for longer.
Well, I can understand that, but it's meant to be ironically humorous and parodical.

AxeMan

Seriously? People care that others in their friends list will see them using budget software?

Don't worry about what others think guys, do what you want.

I didn't care about my friends seeing just the fact that it would take longer to load while I waited for Steam to connect and then load YNAB

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
These new cards started out being worth 14 cents and are now under 10. Card money is officially over. May as well actually trade them for badges now. I think I'll go for RE6 badges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom