• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Banned
Oof. How much did the foil badge set you back?

$11.90

It is less though, I've sold some cards, and I got the Tomb Raider Foil for free from a friend.

It's literally just me sitting here listening to Taylor Swift and refreshing hoping for a card to hit $1.00-$1.20. It's really hard as well, the second it goes in the range specified earlier, it gets picked up in seconds. It's a fight.

I just wanted to get it over with, it's something that will be impossible to get once the summer sale is wrapping up, as prices will just triple or quadruple.

Best time to buy is when a new daily/flash/community deal goes up, that's when you can get them super cheap. Other than that don't buy any card foil for over $1.35. Foils will definitely not go lower than $1.10 during this sale, and it will only go higher once it finishes. I also think foils will start rising by the end of this week. Foil badges will be extremely expensive going forward. If you really want a foil badge, I would start buying those foils.

Exeunt

Best time to buy is when a new daily/flash/community deal goes up, that's when you can get them super cheap. Other than that don't buy any card foil for over $1.35. Foils will definitely not go lower than $1.10 during this sale, and it will only go higher once it finishes. I also think foils will start rising by the end of this week. Foil badges will be extremely expensive going forward. If you really want a foil badge, I would start buying those foils.

Summer sale foils or foils in general? All the Portal 2 foils are less than a dollar on the market right now, hovering at about 80 cents each. If someone wants a cheap foil badge, that's an easy one that I'm aware of.

I might craft a regular Portal 2 badge just to work my way towards level 10 so I get boosters to sell in the future. Not sure yet though.

Sianos

The deals today are pretty lackluster, no real discussion,

But as we all finish up our wishlists, it's become contest time!

Tambini

Alright it's CONTEST TIME woooooooooo.

The prize? A copy of MARK OF THE NINJA wowwwwww so neato

The contest? Draw me some MSPaint art of what YOU feel it means to be a RADICAL NINJA. The winner then gets to live the life of a ninja in the video game MARK OF THE NINJA.

Post your entries in the thread and send me a PM of them. The contest ends at 12 am est.

q7ssbz1.png
It's 4:30 am and this is what i'm doing

Smash88

Banned
Summer sale foils or foils in general? All the Portal 2 foils are less than a dollar on the market right now, hovering at about 80 cents each. If someone wants a cheap foil badge, that's an easy one that I'm aware of.

Summer Sale Foils only. As people start purchasing in large when a new deal hits, and usually in the first hour of the deal/flash/community is when the prices fluctuate to their lowest.

EDIT: Also special thanks to JaseC listening to my play-by-play commentary on my foil adventures. :D

F1 2013 is super tempting. Don't know why I'm posting this again, but just felt like venting. I /need/ it, but at the same time I know I don't and shouldn't. Huge F1 buff and it may not be perfect, but at least it exists and is decent.

Then again, that thinking is what caused me to buy Colonial Marines at launch.

Unsure where to ask so I'm going to put it here, is the PC edition of DMC4 that much better than the 360 version? I lost mine in a move over spring and am oscillating back and forth between double dipping on the 360 or getting it on steam.

Nabs

Unsure where to ask so I'm going to put it here, is the PC edition of DMC4 that much better than the 360 version? I lost mine in a move over spring and am oscillating back and forth between double dipping on the 360 or getting it on steam.

ya

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Speaking of F1, I'm in need of a good racer. How is Grid? Any recommendations? I would like the racer to fall more on the arcade side of things then straight up sim.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map

Yes.

It's one of the nicest ports around.

Dambrosi

Banned
That's it for me, no more money till Friday. Still, at least I got Dust and some sweet Sleeping Dogs DLC (Zodiac Tourney and Year Of The Snake), so I decided to put some time in with Wei Shen in the depths of Hong Kong's underworld.

Oh, mah lawd, my piddly little GTS 450 shouldn't be pumping out graphics like that, it's insane, and the hi-res texture pack makes it more insane. The fighting system takes a little getting used to, but once you understand how fights flow, everything falls into place. Just as in a real fight, taking on three or more thugs at a time is suicide - you have to adopt some old-school Double Dragon/Final Fight tactics to survive (controlling territory, not getting surrounded, using the environment, separating enemies from the crowd with throws, etc). I only played the first batch of missions, but I can tell I'll be back for more already. Highly recommended.

As for the sale, well, I've got most of what I wanted already, so I think I'm done. Maybe.

Nightmare64

Neo Member
Speaking of F1, I'm in need of a good racer. How is Grid? Any recommendations? I would like the racer to fall more on the arcade side of things then straight up sim.

I played Grid 1, and it kept freezing on my computer. I heard this can be fixed though. Other than that, it was a pretty good game from what I played.

Fuel is a nice game with a huge map if you're into that.

There's also Dirt 2 and 3, but I heard Showdown isn't that great.

Exeunt

Summer Sale Foils only. As people start purchasing in large when a new deal hits, and usually in the first hour of the deal/flash/community is when the prices fluctuate to their lowest.

EDIT: Also special thanks to JaseC listening to my play-by-play commentary on my foil adventures. :D

Ah, gotcha. I only got in near the end of the beta, but it's been interesting to watch card prices race to the bottom. I wonder what'll happen after the sale is done; since I know nothing about economics, my only guess is that they'll stay pretty low.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I can't even beat the first stage.
Just keep trying and never give up. I couldn't beat it either at first, but it's been a little over 11 hours and I finally made it. Plus a couple of hours on my phone, though I only beat the whole game on Steam.

What kind of insane reflexed do you posses?
No idea. When the lady shouted "Excellent" at the 44 seconds mark (which was my highest score yet) I thought I would get nervous and lose. But I somehow managed to keep calm, and completed it.

screenshot or never happened.
Sure!

Here's my achievements section in the details view:
BooXhha.png

This is the moment right after reaching 60 seconds (I post the link because that could be considered a spoiler, so beware):
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595883498819239749/C5F75F6A06A5882B846487E6ECA8A13E065D4CDC/

The "Game complete" message I got:

And last but not least, the level select screen, which proudly shows my best time in Hyper Hexagonest (well, the screen isn't proud, I am):

Oh, and I want to mention that I never disabled Vsync, nor played in window mode. I never experienced any kind of input lag, or at least I didn't notice it. It run fine, though every now and then it had some kind of slowdown and made me lose the run.

Game over. Again Begin.

How is Devil May Cry 3 on the PC? Im considering the bundle for 7.49 which has that and DMC 4.

Well I played it a long time ago and I can say that it doesn't support widescreen monitors, if you happen to have a 4:3 monitor, you can play it, but I wouldn't say that it's completely garbage!

ZenaxPure

Oh no, it happened. I want to get the OMD emotes and badges. I didn't think it was possible, but, my love for all things OMD related is beating my love for easy money. Noooooooooooooooooo

gabbo

Alright it's CONTEST TIME woooooooooo.

The prize? A copy of MARK OF THE NINJA wowwwwww so neato

The contest? Draw me some MSPaint art of what YOU feel it means to be a RADICAL NINJA. The winner then gets to live the life of a ninja in the video game MARK OF THE NINJA.

Post your entries in the thread and send me a PM of them. The contest ends at 12 am est.

C1w0NOp.jpg

ruxtpin

Banned
Is there where I could ask to get an invite to the Steam neogaf group? I'm not trying to get free games. Just a member trying to join an appropriate group on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom