• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sianos

C1w0NOp.jpg

Surfboards: pretty radical.

JESUS CHRIST PACIFIC RIM

oh my god i might have to go to a MOVIE THEATER WOAH

Smash88

Banned
Ah, gotcha. I only got in near the end of the beta, but it's been interesting to watch card prices race to the bottom. I wonder what'll happen after the sale is done; since I know nothing about economics, my only guess is that they'll stay pretty low.

I think normal summer cards will stay low. Right now there is 20,000+ of any 1 card.

What will climb are the foils. They may not go to absurd heights once the sale is done, but as the numbers dwindle, expect the prices to go up. I estimate at least 500-600 foils by the end of the sale - for each card. People will start buying them to finish their badges, and as a result prices will climb. Trust me on that.

JESUS CHRIST PACIFIC RIM

It was a lot of fun, that scene in
space
:O Del Toro brought a lot of his charm to the film as well, despite some of the more cliched elements. Crazy amount of fun though, and the special effects were wonderful and colorful. Plus you could actually see what was happening! Best 3D in a while too.

In any case, fun night but I think I'm getting sick or my allergies are kicking into overdrive :/ Glad the movie ended when it did, was feeling quite ill throughout but it got worse. I wish I was tired so I could fall asleep ;-;

So ehm, since the start of the beta I have collected over 100 cards, crafted several badges and I have been over level 10 for ages, still no foil drop. Not a single one, I'm starting to believe they don't exist. Like what is the droprate on these fuckers? I feel like I had better luck farming for epics in wow back in the day.

Tecl0n

So ehm, since the start of the beta I have collected over 100 cards, crafted several badges and I have been over level 10 for ages, still no foil drop. Not a single one, I'm starting to believe they don't exist. Like what is the droprate on these fuckers? I feel like I had better luck farming for epics in wow back in the day.

level doesn't matter for foils. It only matters for booster packs.

Prophane33

I've had one foil out of about one hundred cards.

HoosTrax

Only 100 cards? The drop rate is probably 1%. FWIW, I've gotten about 4 so far from drops, so they do exist.

Exeunt

I think normal summer cards will stay low. Right now there is 20,000+ of any 1 card.

What will climb are the foils. They may not go to absurd heights once the sale is done, but as the numbers dwindle, expect the prices to go up. I estimate at least 500-600 foils by the end of the sale - for each card. People will start buying them to finish their badges, and as a result prices will climb. Trust me on that.

That seems like solid logic. I assume there's no precedent for Valve nuking the cards entirely after the sale is over though?

I hope you like your Midwives card, Grief.

Was neat, the imax theater I was at had posters featuring art by Shinkawa on the way in to the theater. Got me grinning even before the film started.

Cth

I swear I'm the only person I know who thought that it was boring as shit. It felt like Generic Summer Blockbuster: The Movie, to me.

But opinions are like blahdy blahdy blah.

It wasn't horrible, but I was underwhelmed/expected more.

At least it's a little better than the earlier script. That was pure garbage.

My daughter loved it.. She was in her seat punching/kicking the air. :D

DukeBobby

I still need to see Pacific Rim. I hope it's as good as everyone says.

But then again, everyone thought The Avengers was good, so it's best if I don't get caught up in the hype.

Talyn

Should I pull the trigger on this?
bN4Cqzd.png

I think I should remove either "Street Racer Pack" or "Wheels of Fury"
The game already has some racing in it so if it were me I'd drop the street racer pack. Then again, Wheels of Fury is basically just a new car (with an EMP and miniguns, mind you) with some driving combat missions to upgrade it to it's full potential so...

Edit: I agree with Gez, if you're playing Sleeping Dogs for the 1st time the Dragon Master Pack is the way to go. It has quite a bit of stuff you'll find useful.

So I gave myself a $60 budget, the same price I'd pay for one new console game, and so far I haven't even spent $40 of it yet and have 27 new games to show for it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I too am tempted by Sleepy Dogs DLC. Hmmmmmm... Recommendations?

Sleeping Dogs DLC

Story DLC with collectibles and achievements (1-3 hours):
  • Nightmare in North Point (Horror themed campaign)
  • Zodiac Tournament (Action movie themed campaign)
  • Year of the Snake (Police campaign)

Mission DLC including vehicles and outfits (10-45 mins):
  • SWAT Pack (20 cop missions)
  • Street Racer Pack (3 races)
    [*]Police Protection Pack ("High Speed" mission)
    [*]Martial Arts Pack (Fight mission)
    [*]Triad Enforcer Pack (High speed and fight missions)
  • Wheels of Fury Pack (Supercar missions)

Weapons and moves including outfits:
  • Drunken Fist Pack (Fighting style)
    [*]GSP Pack (Flying Punch)
  • Screen Legends Pack (Sword)
  • Tactical Soldier Pack (Assault rifle w/ grenade launcher)
  • Square Enix Character Pack (3 weapons)
  • Monkey King Pack (One-handed staff)

Cosmetic DLC:
  • Deep Undercover Pack (Suit, car, CB radio decoration)
  • Retro Triad Pack (Outfits, van)
  • Gangland Style Pack (Tattoos)
  • Movie Masters Pack (3 costumes)
  • Law Enforcer Pack (2 outifts, 5 vehicles, baton)

Pay-To-Cheat:
  • High Roller Pack (Suit, car, money)
  • Top Dog Silver Pack (XP boost)
  • Top Dog Gold Pack (XP boost)
  • The Red Envelope Pack (Money collectibles)

Free DLC:
  • Community Gift Pack (Outfits, car)
  • Ghost Pig Pack (Outfits)
  • Valve T-Shirt Pack (Outfits, PC only)
  • High Resolution Texture Pack (PC only)

"Dragon Masters Pack" contains the bolded. I recommend everything but the Pay-To-Cheat section.

"Story DLC" are new fully-fledged and contained story missions. Get all of those if you really want to pick and choose.

"Mission DLC" adds new missions to the roaming city. They're new stuff like "this guy stole my bike, run after him".

"Weapons and Moves" are things you have access to in-game but only at specific missions. These DLC allow you to use them at any given time.

"Cosmetic" are just outfits. They're great though.

"Pay to cheat" are just idiotic.

Vee_One

I swear I'm the only person I know who thought that it was boring as shit. It felt like Generic Summer Blockbuster: The Movie, to me.

But opinions are like blahdy blahdy blah.

I think the acting and dialogue was terrible but the action, effects, robot/monster design and general story were amazing.

dot

Alright it's CONTEST TIME woooooooooo.

The prize? A copy of MARK OF THE NINJA wowwwwww so neato

The contest? Draw me some MSPaint art of what YOU feel it means to be a RADICAL NINJA. The winner then gets to live the life of a ninja in the video game MARK OF THE NINJA.

Post your entries in the thread and send me a PM of them. The contest ends at 12 am est.

Just doing this for fun and to make people laugh :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom