• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

All this talk is encouraging. I initially didn't want it because I can't handle horror-fps games, really. But the praise it's getting has surmounted my fears and I'm going to make a concerted effort to try it out. :)

The horror elements aren't scary at all really. There are no jump scares.

I must really hate myself lol - I continue to read this thread, and hear about all these great deals - but for what? I'm broker than broke right now, I'm just teasing myself.

(Although I did splurge a little and buy SS2 yesterday)

MikeDown

Banned
After careful deliberation and a team of multiple ninja scientists' careful deliberation, I have determined that this drawing is the most radical. Plus, I love the art style to it. YOU WIN MARK OF THE NINJA HOORAY.
captaincornhole_sadsadsad.jpg

HSM26Se.jpg

TBnZmvF.png

These two are my favorite runners-up, for they're art-style/depiction of badassery and mathematical brilliance, respectively. I loved all the drawings, and I intend to host more contests in the future.
Thankyou so very much for the gift, i didn't expect it. And SalsaShark and Timedog I really love your drawings they are amazing.

Is it bad that when I realized that actually playing system shock 2 would require some effort from my brainmusclethingy I alt tabbed and just idled the cards :( #partoftheproblem

Smash88

Banned
This is fucking bad. All this talk of System Shock 2, made me check a let's play. I might ACTUALLY LIKE IT. For all the shit I talked about it.

I'm so sorry GAF for doubting you, this game actually looks like fun, despite its age.

I SEE THE LIGHT!

I have an extra Dead Island summer card I can swap

Steam name is my GAF name

Just a suggestion (and I hope it doesn't already exist) but maybe someone should make a official thread for "trading" Steam "trading cards" amongst each other. Only say this because I feel like the thread is slowly being taken over by trading card proposals and other trading card talk.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Thanks to RionaaM, finished the sale badge. Background, the Kerbal card back, and a smiley face

BigDug13

Damn, I didn't realize Sleeping Dogs had "pay to win" DLc that was included in the $13 all DLC pack. Kinda sucked to already reach level 8 of 10 in all abilities right at the start of the game after the auto update.

This is fucking bad. All this talk of System Shock 2, made me check a let's play. I might ACTUALLY LIKE IT. For all the shit I talked about it.

I'm so sorry GAF for doubting you, this game actually looks like fun, despite its age.

I SEE THE LIGHT!

But buu....we're just nostalgic and nothing more!

Salsa

I SEE THE LIGHT!

no fuck you I forbid you from buying it now

Every sale I'm so torn on whether to buy Max Payne 3 or not. There's been at least five times today where I've been ready to hit the buy button, but then hold off. I don't mind cut scenes, but the game sounds super, super combat heavy and I recall the story sounding kind of really dark. That and I'm trying to cut down or even completely quit drinking, so I'm kind of worried about playing a game as a dude that is drinking and popping pain pills throughout.

Razorskin

----- ------

I SEE THE LIGHT!

You could say it's the best game of the last 40 years.

Maybe, maybe not. I'm just not up to idling games and selling them for the peanuts they're going for at the moment. Thanks.

Yeah honestly I've stopped idling as well due to the market value drop off for most games. It's good anyway, I'd rather play videogames. If the cards rebound I've made some money, if they don't I'll be completing a bunch of cheap level 1 badges.

Oublieux

I SEE THE LIGHT!

Don't let age/graphics fool you... today's games may look pretty, but underneath all that eye candy, some games actually end up lacking depth. SS2 is amazing. Have a good time with it.

firen

I already have Saints Row 3 (not finished) and Witcher (not finished). But I want to buy Sleeping Dogs and Dishonored at this insanely great price. :(

AM I WRONG GAF?!

Every sale I'm so torn on whether to buy Max Payne 3 or not. There's been at least five times today where I've been ready to hit the buy button, but then hold off. I don't mind cut scenes, but the game sounds super, super combat heavy and I recall the story sounding kind of really dark. That and I'm trying to cut down or even completely quit drinking, so I'm kind of worried about playing a game as a dude that is drinking and popping pain pills throughout.

It's worth noting that Max's drinking is not in any way portrayed as a positive thing, and referenced directly several times (in interesting contrast to the constant pill popping, which isn't really touched upon". It is a dark game though.

DukeBobby

The shooting mechanics are absolutely superb, so you won't mind it being combat heavy.

I SEE THE LIGHT!

We all make mistakes. I hope you play it and love it.

Don't let age/graphics fool you... today's games may look pretty, but underneath all that eye candy, some games actually end up lacking depth. SS2 is amazing. Have a good time with it.

The graphics aren't that bad honestly, I was expecting worse, even without texture mods it's pretty passable, with texture mods it's not bad looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom