• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

adaen

Sweet, Steam refunded my purchase of the german version of Max Payne 3.
My steam wallet is know 7,49€ richer, but sadly nothing on sale which interests me and that I don't own already.

Sweet, Steam refunded my purchase of the german version of Max Payne 3.
My steam wallet is know 7,49€ richer, but sadly nothing on sale which interests me and that I don't own already.

Can't you get someone to gift you the uncensored version of Max Payne 3?

Card Boy

Banned
It should be mentioned that that Sleeping Dogs DLC Collection Pack is false advertising, It doesn't include Year of the Snake.

Gyxkr.png

Buyer beware.

Prophane33

Probably old news but if you right on Euro Truck Sim 2 and select properties and go to the Beta Tab you can get the 1.4.1 patch (which includes an option to turn off the speed limiter).

Can someone please link to or recommend graphical mods for System Shock 2? I remember reading a post earlier in the thread about a HD overhaul but I can't find the post.

I made 3 purchases on steam on the weekend but I haven't been billed on my debit card yet, but I made a paypal payment to a fellow gaffer and it got billed.

I'm afraid my steam account might be cancelled or something if they don't manage to get the payments through.

Has anyone had the same happen to them, did they get billed later on?

I'll go try to talk with my bank later, but knowing them they'll be of no help.

Card Boy

Banned
hey that game up for vote for the community game: Forge. anybody play it or can give an opinion?

It could be the best game ever, but i wouldn't buy it.

Multiplayer only game not in Steam 100 = Dead online.

(Less than 783 people playing as of this post)

Prophane33

What type of speed limiter? Graphical or truck speed limiter?

Truck, apparently Europe has speed limiters on their trucks. Since this is a simulation it's on there in the game too....BUT...now there is a handy dandy option to remove it.

MrBig

I made 3 purchases on steam on the weekend but I haven't been billed on my debit card yet, but I made a paypal payment to a fellow gaffer and it got billed.

I'm afraid my steam account might be cancelled or something if they don't manage to get the payments through.

My three transactions all appeared online within seconds

Prophane33

Are you able to view any holds on your account? Apple does the same thing though (in order to not have to pay merchant fees on a bunch of .99 purchases) I usually get charged 3 or 4 days after making a purchase, sooner if I make a couple 2 or 3 dollar purchases in a day or two period.

My three transactions all appeared online within seconds

Yes, used to be that way, but I got a new card which was credit card, but I turned it into a debit card, I think it might be somehow listed as credit card on steam still, and I might get billed at the end of the month, but I don't know, I'm afraid.

Whenever I make payments via debit card, there is a delay in the transaction appearing on my bank account. Quite frustrating as I often think I have more money than I do and then several transactions, made days prior, hit all at once.

adaen

Can't you get someone to gift you the uncensored version of Max Payne 3?

Sure, already made a post about it in the respectively thread. But using wallet money via gifting is too much of a hassle for me.

I'm sure I find something interesting in the next few days.

Thanks to everyone for posting the link several more times. I appreciate the help. System Shock 2 will be that much more enjoyable thanks to you special people.

Whenever I make payments via debit card, there is a delay in the transaction appearing on my bank account. Quite frustrating as I often think I have more money than I do and then several transactions, made days prior, hit all at once.

That might be it, I made a purchase on amazon on the 10th and got billed on the 12th, but this steam ones seem to be taking longer, 3-4 days now....

BigDug13

I have a STEAM functionality question for DLC. I've had to disable auto updates on STEAM for Sleeping Dogs since the DLC pack comes with "pay to win" content that I don't want.

But then I find out that the DLC pack that says "all DLC" doesn't come with Year of the Snake so I had to buy that separate.

How do I tell STEAM to ONLY install the Year of the Snake and not the other missing DLC that I have purchased but had to delete from the local files?

I really hope Deus Ex Human Revolution comes back as a daily deal, I'm so pissed off for missing the flash sale..

Getting banned at Gaf can be a horrible thing..

Salsa

can't decide if I should spend $4.5 on the Vergil DLC for DmC

havent played the game since finishing it at launch. Wish it was discounted further

any impressions?

Deques

can't decide if I should spend $4.5 on the Vergil DLC for DmC

havent played the game since finishing it at launch. Wish it was discounted further

any impressions?
I have almost the same dilemma. There are many dlcs I want to buy, but I don't know if I should since all the dlcs are for games I haven't started playing yet

I'm a sucker for Aliens stuff. Clicked Colonial Marines for the hell of it, watched the trailer, enjoyed it, said to myself: "it can't be THAT bad," scrolled down a little further, saw the Metacritic score.

Yes, yes it can be that bad.

I have almost the same dilemma. There are many dlcs I want to buy, but I don't know if I should since all the dlcs are for games I haven't started playing yet

I decided to skip out on buying DLC this sale. I haven't played most of the games that I'm missing DLC for. It's not worth it. Don't do it man.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
How do I tell STEAM to ONLY install the Year of the Snake and not the other missing DLC that I have purchased but had to delete from the local files?
Selectively installing DLC on Steam?

Yeah... about that... sorry, doesn't happen.

Prophane33

I decided to skip out on buying DLC this sale. Most of the games that I haven't bought the DLC for I still haven't played. It's not worth it. Don't do it man.

With 1 exception (the uber cheap .24 DLC for Castle Crashers) I have been holding true to this rule as well.

During the Winter sale though...ANYTHING goes.

adaen

Don't buy DLC for games you haven't played yet and not planning to play in the next few days/weeks, unless it's 75% off.

The next sale is comming for sure and chances are pretty high that it gets further discounted.

Deques

Don't buy DLC for games you haven't played yet and not planning to play in the next few days/weeks, unless it's 75% off.

The next sale is comming for sure and chances are pretty high that it gets further discounted.

That's what I am telling myself too >.<

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man I wish steam money falls from trees like bells in animal crossing.

I wonder if Gabe is secretly Tom Nook

As DLC would come out, every copy of Sleeping Dogs would update with the DLC, and "buying it" on Steam just instals a 3kb unlock file. It was pretty annoying at the time, but something nice today when I grabbed the two I was missing and could play seconds later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom