• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDug13

Selectively installing DLC on Steam?

Yeah... about that... sorry, doesn't happen.

Seriously? I can't choose DLC to install? Wow, I guess that sucks for any sort of "combo packs".

How has this not been a problem widely complained about? Well I guess to be fair, not every developer puts in bullshit "pay to win" DLC that ends up messing up the game and gets included in DLC combo packs. :(

My load from the sale so far:

Antichamber
Skyrim: Legendary Edition
Fez
Thomas Was Alone
Eufloria (gifted)
FTL
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Alan Wake Collection
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Awesomenauts (gifted)

Grief.exe

Seriously? I can't choose DLC to install? Wow, I guess that sucks for any sort of "combo packs".

How has this not been a problem widely complained about? Well I guess to be fair, not every developer puts in bullshit "pay to win" DLC that ends up messing up the game and gets included in DLC combo packs. :(

Nabs posted that there are ways to disable that particular DLC.

adaen

That's what I am telling myself too >.<

That's true for games, too. How often did I buy a game for 50%/66% off and playing it <1h or not at all only to see it being 75% off 2 months later. It's throwing away money and for DLC it's even worse.

By Next sale you mean Winter Sale Right?

Not necessarily. Usually there is a smaller sale on helloween/black friday and there are all the dailies and weekly sales, too.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Surgeon Sim was a blast. I mean yeah, it's basically QWOP, but it's so addictive and hilarious. It's kind of disappointing that there aren't many surgeries though.

Jaykay

Pulled the trigger on updating my version of Civ V to Gold Edition. Looks like it's time to get sucked back in. Thanks Steam sale!

Dr.Acula

Banned
iVMpz6FHxF3e6.gif

4jr3e.gif

Alright so I only had $50 for this sale and this is what I got so far.

Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition
Fallout New Vegas
The Last Remnant
Psychonauts
Sleeping Dogs
XCOM Enemy Unknown

I still have $18 left so I'm planning on getting one more big game and 1 or 2 more cheap games. I'm doing great so far.

Even though the guy falls everyone just acts like nothing happened, lol.

3phemeral

Fallout New Vegas
The Last Remnant
Psychonauts
Sleeping Dogs
XCOM Enemy Unknown

I still have $18 left so I'm planning on getting one more big game and 1 or 2 more cheap games. I'm doing great so far.

Other than the two girls too into the camera to notice, the other guy in the back looks entirely wasted.

Not even worth 2$... talk about about a horrible game! Capcom messed up so bad on that one...

They did and it is pretty much dead with street fighter minus tekken coming out. But it is still a really fun fighter to play. Very much worth picking up I think if you can get the game and all the DLC cheap.

Fallout New Vegas
The Last Remnant
Psychonauts
Sleeping Dogs
XCOM Enemy Unknown

Excellent taste. Mine looks pretty similar right now, just missed out on Dark Souls which I hope to remedy soon.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
DLC fiasco and GFWL aside the 2013 patch made the game fun to play, although for the most part it's still not very fun to spectate.

Yeah noticed that at Evo. One thing that can't be fixed is the music... I hate that music soo much and those gems :(.

At least its good to hear the patch made the game fun again... just couldn't go back to however... I was hoping for so much for that game :(.

How long is the Knife of Dunwall dlc for Dishonored? I never got around to buying it.

Edit: Those women are very pretty. I love the guy's face when he gets up, reminds me of one of those "you guys!" moments.

Salsa

so yeah my friend list is like.. broken

I have 313 friends, 370 slots in all, yet it tells me that my friend list is full at 370/370 and I cant add new people who sent requests

hitmon

It should be mentioned that that Sleeping Dogs DLC Collection Pack is false advertising, It doesn't include Year of the Snake.

Gyxkr.png

Buyer beware.

Crap I already bought it!. I have to hit up Steam CS now...

Thanks Gez for the heads up.

Frologic

The Secret World took a huge chunk out of my steam sale budget but I'm told it has a really amazing story and lore and for $15 it's worth it for the main story alone. I'm hoping I won't regret this because I'm not much of a MMO gamer.

so yeah my friend list is like.. broken

I have 313 friends, 370 slots in all, yet it tells me that my friend list is full at 370/370 and I cant add new people who sent requests

I am thankful I made it in (DOOMED138) right before things fell apart. I hope there is no correlation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom