• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

g'morning
Finally I understood why people keep asking me about cards of games I don't have. Ya, checked summer sales cards. Funny, no?

edited: and Mark of the Ninja is good, you were right!

Divius

Any US GAFfer currently awake that wants to buy me Sleeping Dawgs before I change my mind?

edit: and I will paypal you the money. Otherwise this would have been a weird request.

PaulLFC

Is Sins Rebellion worth it if I own (but haven't got round to playing) Sins Trinity?

I guess I should probably play that first and wait for a later sale on Rebellion?

Any US GAFfer currently awake that wants to buy me Sleeping Dawgs before I change my mind?

edit: and I will paypal you the money. Otherwise this would have been a weird request.

I'll do it, somewhat poor though so I'd need the money first. PM me.

Edit: beaten, Cheese to the rescue.

Smash88

Banned
Is Sins Rebellion worth it if I own (but haven't got round to playing) Sins Trinity?

I guess I should probably play that first and wait for a later sale on Rebellion?

It's essentially a big patch to Trinity. It is better in every way, but everyone is upset that we have had to pay (when it came out) full price for a game that is ultimately a patch to Trinity.

Smithy C

Has Civ 5 been on a daily deal yet? Just wondering if I can wait on the flash sale or if this is the cheapest it will be until the next sale.

metalshade

So earlier I bought Carrier Command: Gaea Mission, on its ambition alone, can someone tell me if I will regret this?
Mostly I just want to fly around the islands, but I hope the game actually achieves its goals.....does it?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I generally play stealthily when possible in games, certainly in games that allow it. Just wasn't sure as to the balancing and such.

It's a survival game. But since your predilection is toward stealth, you could choose Hard if you wished. I would suggest normal though, just so you avoid unnecessary frustration during the earlier portions of the game.

Use the wrench. Love the wrench. Die by the wrench.

Card Boy

Banned
Has Civ 5 been on a daily deal yet? Just wondering if I can wait on the flash sale or if this is the cheapest it will be until the next sale.

Daily, Flash and community vote.

It's even currently a community vote for the next 33 minutes so you better buy quick.

Arthea

Civ5 was daily before as far as I can remember. And you should consider buying Gold Edition.
I don't think it'll go lower -75%, but then again it will go lower in price with time.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Damn these SS2 modders think they are hot shit blocking any installation into Program Files. I'm the fucking administrator. It's fine. But IF YOU FUCKING INSIST, I will use steammover to put it on the other HD.

Vodh

I am disappointed. I voted Civ V to get a discounted Brave New World after I've made up my mind and they didn't discount it this time...

El Odio

Banned
God damn it. The community failed me once again, now I actually might buy SS this time around. I took the time to watch some Primordia trailers after voting and actually started to want it.

God damn it. The community failed me once again, now I actually might buy SS this time around. I took the time to watch some Primordia trailers after voting and actually started to want it.

Same, looked interesting. The general community has made it pretty obvious they have no idea what they're doing. If it weren't for Natural Selection 2 (which I still feel bad about, but Monaco will show up again), I'd have lost the vote every time, and I've voted in each flash sale (15-16 times at this point).

Didn't realize Aliens Colonial Marines was a flash sale.

At that price, no thanks.

Newegg had it for free a while back. Not even worth that as far as I'm concerned.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I can't possibly be more disappointed in the steam community right now for voting for fucking Surgeon Sim after it's already been on sale. Keeping my fingers crossed Primordia still hits a flash so I can still throw a few at friends

Big thanks for CheeseCakeRecipe for gifting me Sleeping Dogs from the US store <3

Happy to help <3 Sorry about the dog, though... I should have left it lie.

Same, looked interesting. The general community has made it pretty obvious they have no idea what they're doing. If it weren't for Natural Selection 2 (which I still feel bad about, but Monaco will show up again), I'd have lost the vote every time, and I've voted in each flash sale (15-16 times at this point).

Newegg had it for free a while back. Not even worth that as far as I'm concerned.

I would have gotten it for free, I'm a huge Aliens fan, but I don't think I could get it from newegg anyway from Europe.

froliq

I am disappointed. I voted Civ V to get a discounted Brave New World after I've made up my mind and they didn't discount it this time...

That discount was an error. People who owned BNW from day 1 got compensated with a Civ IV gift and reported so earlier in the sales thread.

There are a lot of people that have non-buyers regret after the daily deal change, apparently.

It's pretty easy to. You're having this internal debate while it's currently a daily, and then if you weren't entirely sure about your decision it's easy to regret not just going for it because it may not be on sale again any time soon.

I think because not all people are gaffers and spend all summer sale time on steam? just a thought

If you can't be bothered or really don't have time to check the store /once/ a day (which is all it takes to not miss any deals), your loss. Steam has a mobile site, even if you're working multiple jobs and up 17 hours a day you can afford 3 seconds to check your phone.

Noogy

Didn't realize Aliens Colonial Marines was a flash sale.

At that price, no thanks.

I've been so tempted at this price, is it really that bad? I never know what to think, for example I'm like one of the three people in this world who loved Resident Evil 6.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I've been so tempted at this price, is it really that bad? I never know what to think, for example I'm like one of the three people in this world who loved Resident Evil 6.

Resident Evil 6 had really nice game mechanics. ACM is a mediocre shooter with sub-par enemy AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom