• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been so tempted at this price, is it really that bad? I never know what to think, for example I'm like one of the three people in this world who loved Resident Evil 6.

It's that bad, and it can be had for less money. Like I mentioned earlier, Newegg even had it for free a while ago, and it's been around $6 pretty regularly. Please, coming from someone who loves Aliens more than any other piece of entertainment in any format, stay away. You'll regret it; it really is as bad as everyone says if not worse, and if you like the film at all it'll be infuriating. Paying $40 for it on launch is my biggest gaming regret. As far as RE6 goes, it's nothing like that. RE6 is the Metroid Prime of video games compared to Colonial Marines.

Divius

I've been so tempted at this price, is it really that bad? I never know what to think, for example I'm like one of the three people in this world who loved Resident Evil 6.
k-bigpic.gif

Dec

I can't possibly be more disappointed in the steam community right now for voting for fucking Surgeon Sim after it's already been on sale. Keeping my fingers crossed Primordia still hits a flash so I can still throw a few at friends

Happy to help <3 Sorry about the dog, though... I should have left it lie.

They must work before hand with publishers to organize sale prices and such. Do you think they would put the time in to put a game on sale when it has a chance to not even be voted? Seems unlikely to me, have any community vote options ever never showed up again in previous sales?

Would you all recommend upgrading CiV to gold if I have Brave New World? From what everyone says it seems to be better than anything before it, so should I even bother?

Noogy

Thank you everyone for reminding me about the quality of Aliens Colonial Marines. I blame my previous lack of judgment to sleepiness and too much cereal.

Even better! :)
I am an Alien fan, but from what I've read, I'm not in a hurry to buy it. They butchered the story with fan-fic level material. :(

To call it fan-fic level material is to insult fan fiction. It's more akin to what I'd expect if I had a four year old explain the thematic elements of Aliens to the dudest bro alive and then had said dude bro write a script based off of his interpretation of what the 4 year old told him.

Arthea

Would you all recommend upgrading CiV to gold if I have Brave New World? From what everyone says it seems to be better than anything before it, so should I even bother?

You don't want Korea? What's wrong with you!
Gods and Kings! It's worth for that.

Salsa

yo yo

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-D31B85BF2DFA7BE9 - Taken by Milamber

Into

If you are tempted by Aliens, then just get Aliens vs Predator 2010, it is a much better game.

Got 2 hours in Mark of the Ninja, what a great game! Glad i bought it

So can anyone tell me the context of this gif?

Fine, since no one else will (and please understand that I am in NO WAY DEFENDING THE GAME, merely explaining the gif). It's actually from one of the best levels in the game, in which you have to stealth around blind xenomorphs with acute hearing that will explode if they sense the player nearby (xenomorphs in this level are blind and mutated because they were part of the original colony when Ripley detonated the atmosphere generator. Not a great explanation but whatever.)

Basically, there's no end of stuff to ridicule and detest in Colonial Marines, but unfortunately this gif is not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom