• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what was more embarrassing, the fact that I never figured out you could do that when I first played it years ago or that I didn't bother to check the bindings. Herp derp in any case, thanks guys.

I'll blame it on late night brain lapses.

Edit: Lol at the repeats.

Arthea

If you are tempted by Aliens, then just get Aliens vs Predator 2010, it is a much better game.

Got 2 hours in Mark of the Ninja, what a great game! Glad i bought it

Ninja is good, wasn't expecting it to be this good. Glad I bought it.

Karu

Uh, Half Life 2...tempting. And since I won't play through it anytime soon the basic version would be enough. Though on the other side, I want to wait for the Prison Architect-Discount... urgs...

Has anyone had trouble with purchases using their Steam Wallet? I keep getting this message when trying to check out:

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

I submitted a ticket to Steam Support, so hopefully it should be fixed soon.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I'll give it til I load the next area in Bioshock Infinite before I decide fuck waiting for the third vote, flip a coin and then hit the sack.

Also jesus at those repeats. I stay up this late and this is how you repay me, Gabe?

Waited for the new Flash Sale. . . Now I wish I would of just went to bed an hour ago. . . .

Edit: Is anyone else only seeing two options to vote on?

Uh, Half Life 2...tempting. And since I won't play through it anytime soon the basic version would be enough. Though on the other side, I want to wait for the Prison Architect-Discount... urgs...

I was on the fence about it when it was on sale right before the summer sale, booted it up the same day and haven't played anything since. It's superb, one of the few older games that actually does hold up to this day. The facial animations in particular are incredible, better than most AAA I've played this generation with the exception of L.A Noire.

Autofokus

Damn, Primordia lost - vote for Van Helsing! Gimme my wishlist games, Gaben.

btw, whats the 3rd voting option besides Helsing and TWD? I can't see it.

ZenaxPure

I remember a time when they announced that non-game software would show up on steam. I said I was fine with it as long as it didn't take slots up during sales that could go to games. No, people told me, games will always be there, you don't have to worry about everything.

I look at steam now only with tears in my eyes.

or maybe the tears are because this vote got me my FOURTH Reus card

Socreges

Banned
Never played Half-Life 2 before -- I know it was a phenomenal game. Is it still a phenomenal game? Never mind how cheap it is. Just wondering if I really should play it when I've got no lack of excellent games in my backlog.

Card Boy

Banned
is Van Helsing a good Diablo clone? looks like it

The two biggest negatives it has against it are 1 class (Only Van Hellsing) and no randomized areas. The developers have being giving the game alot of post release support.

TWD and Van Helsing go on sale often enough as it is, so don't vote for them.

This is the first time Van Helling has gone on sale, your thinking of Torchlight or Titan Quest here.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Welp, I just spent the last of my wallet money on giving the girlfriend Reus, since it was on her wishlist... Max Payne 3 will just have to wait until the next sale.

mclem

You think you've got it bad?

JMKY8YX.png

Lara is mocking me.

(I'll trade for what's necessary at the weekend, just in case some drop in the interim. It's not like I've any shortage of trading fodder!)

Gregorn

I remember a time when they announced that non-game software would show up on steam. I said I was fine with it as long as it didn't take slots up during sales that could go to games. No, people told me, games will always be there, you don't have to worry about everything.

I look at steam now only with tears in my eyes.

I'll trade you a torchlight II card for a Reus card.

owasog

For someone who has never played Sins of a Solar Empire; is Rebellion a good game at this price? Got to decide before the deal ends...

Now I know it doesn't have a campaign, but how's the singleplayer gameplay? (I only play singleplayer games)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
You think you've got it bad?

JMKY8YX.png

Lara is mocking me.

(I'll trade for what's necessary at the weekend, just in case some drop in the interim. It's not like I've any shortage of trading fodder!)

You have 51 Summer Sale trading cards? That's crazy. Why not sell off the ones you have more than 5 of? Are you hoarding for post-sale price spikes?

mclem

I have 4 tomb raider cards if you want to trade with one for a card i dont have. PM me your Steam ID.

Holding out 'til the weekend because I know I'll make purchases before then, but I might chase you up on that around then if she's still not playing nice.

You have 51 Summer Sale trading cards? That's crazy. Why not sell off the ones you have more than 5 of? Are you hoarding for post-sale price spikes?

71, technically. I've crafted two levels. I'm not really deliberately hoarding - although I am curious about the effect on the economy after the sale, I don't think we're going to look at a huge hike - more simply that it's more sensible to not chase up cards until near the end when availability is at its highest., when there's an inevitable chance that what I'm after will drop in the time remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom