• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noogy

You think you've got it bad?

JMKY8YX.png

Lara is mocking me.

(I'll trade for what's necessary at the weekend, just in case some drop in the interim. It's not like I've any shortage of trading fodder!)

This image almost made me sick. If I had a spare Lara I'd shoot it right into your veins :p

Oublieux

For someone who has never played Sins of a Solar Empire; is Rebellion a good game at this price. Got to decide before the deal ends...

Now I know it doesn't have a campaign, but how's the singleplayer gameplay? (I only play singleplayer games)

Look at it like CIV V. Both are 4X games and both have "single player" in the sense that you're essentially just going up against an AI until a victory condition is met. That's all there really is to the game.

Copons

You think you've got it bad?

Lara is mocking me.

(I'll trade for what's necessary at the weekend, just in case some drop in the interim. It's not like I've any shortage of trading fodder!)

If you need I've a spare Tomb Raider, and need a Kerbal to complete the badge!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Fuck it, getting too sleepy. Van Helsing gets the vote since our 3rd option seems to still be stuck in traffic or drunk or something, I don't know. Glad to have helped out a few non-US gaffers escape the price gougue but it's closing time.

Stay beautiful, SteamGAF. I'll catch you when the dailies flip over.

chugen

Fuck it, getting too sleepy. Van Helsing gets the vote since our 3rd option seems to still be stuck in traffic or drunk or something, I don't know. Glad to have helped out a few non-US gaffers escape the price gougue but it's closing time.

good night you beautifull flower

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member

Van Helsing actually looks genuinely great

Noogy

Fuck it, getting too sleepy. Van Helsing gets the vote since our 3rd option seems to still be stuck in traffic or drunk or something, I don't know.

This is Valve's greatest experiment. They know everyone won't be able to wait since they need their 1/3 card fix, and vote early on.

5 minutes before the vote ends, the third option will pop up, and it will be Half-Life 3. Salsa told me that he overheard this while playing golf with Gabe last week.

ZenaxPure

Is Killing Floor good? And by good, I mean great.

I will just say what I said before:

Do you enjoy waved based survival and want to play the game with friends: Yes
Do you enjoy waved based survival and want to play the game alone: No

It's extremely fun with friends and gives you a reason to keep coming back (since it's class based and you level up the classes) but you need to play it with people or it's not worth playing at all.

derExperte

Is Killing Floor good? And by good, I mean great.

Yes, great. Just be prepared to put a few hours into the game before it clicks 100%.

Finally Van Helsing. I will lose against TWD but I'll get when it's a flash.

It's extremely fun with friends and gives you a reason to keep coming back (since it's class based and you level up the classes) but you need to play it with people or it's not worth playing at all.

People: Yes Friends: Not necessarily, 99% of my playtime is with randoms and you bond very fast.

Okay gaf, yes or no to SS?

I'm playing System Shock 2 for the first time and I would say yes, definitely. It's very atmospheric, the graphics are clean and while they certainly aren't on the level of something like Crysis they are servicable, the gameplay is pretty simple (in terms of the shooting mechanics; I can see why somebody wouldn't like the shooting or movement though) but seems to have a large amount of depth with the variety of systems and items at your disposal, and the sound design is absolutely magnificent. I'm only at the second level, excluding the tutorial level, (I picked a 'Navy' character but I should have picked OSA so I may restart it) but I can easily see my opinion vastly improving as I advance through the game. One thing I will say is that it could do with some brief instructions in the tutorial on how to view your stats and discover what they do (a console in the first level actually tells you how to find this out though) so you've some better idea as to what choices you wish to make initially but this isn't much of a problem, it's just different from the standard.

Sorry, just realised you meant Surgeon Simulator, my mistake.

ZenaxPure

People: Yes Friends: Not necessarily, 99% of my playtime is with randoms and you bond very fast.

Well yeah, I can see that if you don't mind playing with random people I guess. Personally I can't stand getting into games with random folk. Not even because people are generally assholes, it's the opposite really, most of the games of KF I've been in with random people.... they just never tried to talk or anything.

But I didn't really stick around long enough, though, 2 of my friends have the game and we played about 40 or so hours together. The game felt fine with just 3 people focusing on different classes, even a bit scary at times on the higher difficulties/darker maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom