• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martian

sorry, already made a trade and got kerbal.

but here's a cute dog:
tumblr_mpyfjw15Jt1spopmuo1_500.jpg

even better

ZenaxPure

But what if I had to choose between Killing Floor, Surgeon Simulator, and Orcs Must Die 2?

Orcs Must Die 2, but, I may be biased I dunno. the OMD games are honestly some of my favorite games from the past few years. There is pretty much nothing else out there like them and I've put 100 hours into the games collectively (still need to clean up some achievements in the second game though).

I like Killing Floor a lot, but, OMD all the way for me.

derExperte

Well yeah, I can see that if you don't mind playing with random people I guess. Personally I can't stand getting into games with random folk. Not even because people are generally assholes, it's the opposite really, most of the games of KF I've been in with random people.... they just never tried to talk or anything.

That's good in my book. :) I don't like it too much when people try to chat me up during games and in KF everyone who played enough knows what he has to do and does it. I'm not anti-social (okay, a little) but I think that's why I have been coming back over the years, less bullshit, more playing and the integrated voice commands/comments are a) still funny and b) often good enough.

Tak3n

Banned
so we are now seeing the same games on sale just being moved from different sale point to another one then back again....

Finguo

Thinking about buying The Secret World. But have NEVER played an MMO for more than an hour before. I really dig the setting, though. Is the game "casual friendly"? Jumping in, having fun for a couple of hours and then calling it quits until two days later?

Salsa

I really dont understand why I gotta have 3 separate Red Orchestra 2 entries in my library

... and why they gotta be separated

iHsCGGFv6AT3V.PNG

Socreges

Banned
Reposting for new page:

Never played Half-Life 2 before -- I know it was a phenomenal game. Is it still a phenomenal game? Never mind how cheap it is. Just wondering if I really should play it when I've got no lack of excellent games in my backlog.

Blitzhex

Got 400 days off gamestop and my paypal's already been charged, but haven't got any key yet :| How long does it take for the order to process?

chugen

Reposting for new page:

Never played Half-Life 2 before -- I know it was a phenomenal game. Is it still a phenomenal game? Never mind how cheap it is. Just wondering if I really should play it when I've got no lack of excellent games in my backlog.

since half life 3 is coming real soon yeah you should play it

Thinking about buying The Secret World. But have NEVER played an MMO for more than an hour before. I really dig the setting, though. Is the game "casual friendly"? Jumping in, having fun for a couple of hours and then calling it quits until two days later?

Yeah. Thats how I did it. Besides the dungeons I only played it solo. Just did a few quests, quit, come back a few days later, repeat.

Salsa

oh, I *think* It's because the third entry is just named Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2, so it lists it later

..why make the icon Red Orchestra 2 GOTY then? that's fuckin dumb. Gonna change that right nao

Copons

Reposting for new page:

It remains one of the best (or THE best?) FPS ever, and its graphics hold up incredibly well, if you consider that is a 2004 game...

Martian

oh, I *think* It's because the third entry is just named Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2, so it lists it later

..why make the icon Red Orchestra 2 GOTY then? that's fuckin dumb. Gonna change that right nao

It's probably also 1 beta

I have RO2
RO2 beta
and Rising Storm/RO2 multiplayer

Ledsen

In your opinion... In my opinion Deadlight was a fantastic game. A bit short, but I enjoyed it very much from beginning to end.

Well, if it wasn't my opinion I wouldn't have said it. But yes, IMO it was a horrible game. The controls were almost unbearable to me, the voice acting and story were of low quality and I simply didn't have any fun playing it.

ZenaxPure

I am just going to link you to the wall of text I wrote earlier when someone else asked about the game. The short answer is yes, you should. Honestly I almost wish they would have not made the game into a MMO, more people really should play it as it's nothing like other MMOs. If you avoid dungeons or pvp you will just think it's a really amazing action rpg with amazing quests, fun character progression, and fun combat held back by really bad animations.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Damn, I really did underestimate Just Cause 2. Can barely stop playing it. :)

I had the same experience when I started with the game last year. It's such a joy to play, although I wish the TPS controls were more traditional and less GTAesque.

ZenaxPure

Damn, I really did underestimate Just Cause 2. Can barely stop playing it. :)

Same thing happened to me. I never thought twice about the game but after getting it from PS+ I just couldn't stop playing it. It's basically the only game I played for the entire month I downloaded it, ended up getting all the achievements and had a ton of fun doing it (outside of a really dumb achievement for riding every car in the game). Game is totally in my top 5 of best games from this gen.

Like dude, I grappled to a helicopter, threw the pilot out and hijacked it, then proceeded to fly near another helicopter, jump out and grapple my way to the ground as the two helicopters collided into a fiery explosion. What other game from this gen allowed me to that, huhhh?! Also I got way more enjoyment than I should have attaching cars to airplanes as they took off and then watching them flail around in the air until physics decided it was time for the car to cause the airplane to spin out of control and crash into a mountain.

Now you're making regret not picking it up on Steam and playing it again ;_;

Finguo

I am just going to link you to the wall of text I wrote earlier when someone else asked about the game. The short answer is yes, you should. Honestly I almost wish they would have not made the game into a MMO, more people really should play it as it's nothing like other MMOs. If you avoid dungeons or pvp you will just think it's a really amazing action rpg with amazing quests, fun character progression, and fun combat held back by really bad animations.

Thanks for that. I think I have to bite now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom