• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm going to like this game:
vfs.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Same thing happened to me. I never thought twice about the game but after getting it from PS+ I just couldn't stop playing it. It's basically the only game I played for the entire month I downloaded it, ended up getting all the achievements and had a ton of fun doing it (outside of a really dumb achievement for riding every car in the game). Game is totally in my top 5 of best games from this gen.

This one is rather easy if you don't mind using a location guide as the PDA database has a list of vehicles in the game and automatically ticks off the ones you've driven.

Knurek

cool thanks! i thought it was an option someone in steam that i just wasn't seeing

Just as a note, since I installed the latest Steam update, it reverted to the default behavior for some reason and I haven't been able to get it to work myself. :)

YMMV of course.

ZenaxPure

This one is rather easy if you don't mind using a location guide as the PDA database has a list of vehicles in the game and automatically ticks off the ones you've driven.

Yeah, I used the built in check list, I just didn't like the achievement was all. Felt more like a chore than actually adding something fun to the game. Which most of the achievements in the game were just rewards for doing stuff you would normally do so it all felt natural until that achievement.

I mean really, who wants to drive a car in Just Cause 2 when you can use the grapple hook to climb mountains and shit!

Nope, it seems to support VSTs.

Really? that's awesome.

Found this:

Highlights

Seamlessly create, record, edit, and mix your music using the
award-winning Skylight user interface
Get creative with 32 audio tracks and 128 instrument tracks
A complete backing band - includes 6 virtual instruments
All the must-have FX including Reverb, EQ, more
Plug-in your guitar and get incredible sounds using
the Overloud TH2 Creator amp simulator
Create beats and drum tracks with the integrated Step Sequencer
Trigger audio and MIDI loops using the Matrix View
for real-time performance and remixing
Easily drag and drop loops, instruments, FX, and project
templates from the built-in Browser
Plus! Use any Windows 8 touch enabled device and
interact directly with the software using your hands
Please note: A touch device is NOT required to use any
of the features in Music Creator 6 Touch. All functions
can be done with a mouse and/or keyboard

http://www.cakewalk.com/products/musiccreator/

Might have to buy, arghhhh.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I just saw that Super Hexagon appears in a photo in the front page in today's edition of a local newspaper! I couldn't help telling my dad about it, to which he responded "Have you noticed that all the kids shown there are 6 or under?". Dad, I can assure you that none of those kids can beat my record of 75 seconds in Hyper Hexagonest, or so I hope.

No mention of my great triumph last night, sadly.

And this shouldn't even need to be said, but if you don't already have this game, BUY IT NOW.

Into

I want to buy Doom 3, wondering if i should buy Doom 3 or the Doom BFG thing, wondering if both support 1920x1080 res?

TheD

The Detective
Really? that's awesome.

Found this:

Highlights

Seamlessly create, record, edit, and mix your music using the
award-winning Skylight user interface
Get creative with 32 audio tracks and 128 instrument tracks
A complete backing band - includes 6 virtual instruments
All the must-have FX including Reverb, EQ, more
Plug-in your guitar and get incredible sounds using
the Overloud TH2 Creator amp simulator
Create beats and drum tracks with the integrated Step Sequencer
Trigger audio and MIDI loops using the Matrix View
for real-time performance and remixing
Easily drag and drop loops, instruments, FX, and project
templates from the built-in Browser
Plus! Use any Windows 8 touch enabled device and
interact directly with the software using your hands
Please note: A touch device is NOT required to use any
of the features in Music Creator 6 Touch. All functions
can be done with a mouse and/or keyboard

http://www.cakewalk.com/products/musiccreator/

Might have to buy, arghhhh.

Well it says on the store page "VST compatible - add more 3rd party FX and Instruments ",
The thing even supports automation!

Onionkid

So I'm sure it's been discussed in this thread already so apologies if this is redundant. Are there any "must have" Sleeping Dogs DLC packs that aren't the big three content ones? I already have Nightmare at North Point, Zodiac Tournament and Year of the Snake.

I've got Wheels of Fury and Monkey King Pack sitting in my cart...any others I should get, or should I even bother with either of those?

JaseC

I want to buy Doom 3, wondering if i should buy Doom 3 or the Doom BFG thing, wondering if both support 1920x1080 res?

Regular Doom 3 is the way to go. You can "hack in" widescreen support (just a matter of changing a few lines in an ini file), but most importantly BFG doesn't support mods as id infused the engine with id Tech 5 code.

fantomena

What's the third game in the CC? Can only see Walking Dead and Van Helsing. I have both of them, very good games, Van Helsing was actually suprisingly good, everyone vote for it!

JaseC

What's the third game in the CC? Can only see Walking Dead and Van Helsing. I have both of them, very good games, Van Helsing was actually suprisingly good, everyone vote for it!

There doesn't appear to be a third game. I've switched to a few different store regions and all are showing two candidates.

Into

Regular Doom 3 is the way to go. You can "hack in" widescreen support (just a matter of changing a few lines in an ini file), but most importantly BFG doesn't support mods as id infused the engine with id Tech 5 code.

Alright thanks, ill get regular Doom 3 then.

I just got a HL2-Boosterpack. Guess Valve thinks of me on my birthday :D

The question. Open it or sell it. The price of the boosterpack is about 75cents, the cards about 15-20...
Hm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom