• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

Do it fellow Coloradan! 719 here.

What What 719.

G6KNAsA.jpg

xDEKOIx

Anyone want to help me out with Deus Ex Collection? I have Monaco, Witcher 2, or Eador to offer. I'll throw in a smaller indie game too. PM me :]

How is everyone's cash count so far?

I personally spent $36.30 so far for Dust Elysian Tale, Deus Ex HR, Civ 5 Gold, Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion, and Tomb Raider Anniversary, Legend, and Underworld.

When I realize how much value I got for a meager $35~ dollars, assuming I like each and every one of those games, especially compared to how a lot of games cost $60 for 10 or so hours of content, God damn, this is the true moment of clarity of Steam sales.

$31.10 for me:

Fallout New Vegas and all DLC
Hotline Miami
Bastion
Cart Life
Cave Story +
Dear Ester
Deus Ex Human Revolution
DLC Quest
Organ Trail
Civ V: upgrade to gold DLC pack
Too The Moon
Night Sky
Lunnye Devitsy

Not a bad haul so far!

Sorral

I'd like Castle Crashers, what do you want me to do for it? :)

Do you want us monkeys dance for your pleasure, or do you just want to give them to someone and be done with it?

You can just do the ModBot thing, or Ingueferroque and I can fight to the death for it...

Oh man. :lol

Since you all asked on what to do, how about a silly paint drawing that is hilarious to show that you want it? Others in here can vote on the funniest one and then I'll give the winner Castle Crashers.

Nothing dirty in the drawings. Just something funny about this. I was going to just throw the ModBot post here, but it is more fun like this I think unless you guys disagree.

Edit: I meant Windows Paint (or very similar) and not doing anything means you forfeit for the others who didn't and made an entry!

Tellaerin

Was UT2K3 really that bad? I never understood the hate for that game. Of course, I never played it, and went straight for UT2K4.

I thought it was pretty bad, yeah. My biggest issue was that movement and weapons in 2k3 just felt off compared to original UT and 2k4. The netcode wasn't as good (2k4 was a step up in that respect), and 2k3 was also missing Assault and Onslaught.

FINALBOSS

Banned
All I know is I'm going to gift Gunpoint if it goes on sale just because I want to play it so bad. So stay tuned for that tomorrow at noon if it goes on sale <3

Scrabble

Try harder. I could understand if you came here and said Tomb Raider is shit, but Sleeping Dogs is universally loved like chocolate chip cookies. I swear that its great, amazing atmosphere, engaging story and beautiful graphics. I love the comic relief and the tough guy attitude. I love the experience of being in the triads without actually being involved in organized crime. I know not everyone can like a game, but Sleeping Dogs comes pretty close.

Nah he's right, Sleeping Dogs is pretty overrated on gaf. It's okay, but it's another one of those games where I just don't understand why gaf rallies behind it as if it's the greatest open world game ever. If the game had gotten nothing but 9's gaf would be all like, "lol sleeping dogs is the most overrated piece of trash ever, I wonder how much money paid off those reviews LOL." With excerpts from various review sites laughing at the hyperbole.

Sorry to ask in this thread. I closed Steam because it was being weird. I tried to open it again and it updated and now it will not open at all. I tried to delete ClientRegistry.blob but it did not work. Any help? Missing those sweet deals :(

Only $2.73 so far.
Universe Sandbox
Final Hours of Tomb Raider

I'm basically at the point of not buying anything unless it's <$5 and something I have more than a passing interest in.

Grief.exe

Sorry to ask in this thread. I closed Steam because it was being weird. I tried to open it again and it updated and now it will not open at all. I tried to delete ClientRegistry.blob but it did not work. Any help? Missing those sweet deals :(

Delete everything in your Steam folder except for SteamApps folder and Steam exe.

run Steam exe

Universaldamps

Neo Member
Quick question. I'm currently in Japan but I live in Australia normally. I'm wanting to purchase Dishonored which is ~$10 on the Japanese steam store. I think it's about $15 on the Australian store.

If I say that I currently live in Japan and purchase the game at the checkout, will Valve catch onto it once I return to Australia in the near future? I'm not fond of the idea of compromising my account to save $5.

Giard

I've spent about $18 during the sale (all credit gotten from cards). That doesn't count about $25 for Borderlands 2 + Season Pass, X-COM with DLC and Civ V: Brave New World a few days before the sale started. Thanks GMG and Dunder!

Oublieux

Are you sure it's not running in the background..? Try opening task manager and force closing Steam if it shows up and re-run.

smr00

Banned
How is everyone's cash count so far?

I personally spent $36.30 so far for Dust Elysian Tale, Deus Ex HR, Civ 5 Gold, Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion, and Tomb Raider Anniversary, Legend, and Underworld.

When I realize how much value I got for a meager $35~ dollars, assuming I like each and every one of those games, especially compared to how a lot of games cost $60 for 10 or so hours of content, God damn, this is the true moment of clarity of Steam sales.
Didn't expect to spend this much this early.

Good news is that there isn't much left on Steam that i just have to have so long as crazy deals don't start popping out of no where i should stay within my budget.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of censored games. I bought Max Payne 3 from the store because I still had card money only to discover that it's actually censored in Germany without a notice on store page (usually there is one).

Feels really bad.
I've heard that in Germany, Max is addicted to orange juice instead of liquor.

And he doesn't take painkillers, he practices alternative medicine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom