• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

I bought Tomb Raider, Dark Souls and SS2. Great sale for me.

I also got Bioshock Infinite from this thread and basically poop socked it. I couldn't put it down.

Oh yeah: Tomb Raider is really good. I was really worried about it, but I'm glad I bit at $12.50.

Total: $26.19 USD

gabbo

So I've only sort of cared about the various steam profile/community things up to this point(in so far as it was needed for testing GES), so uh, what exactly am I suppose to do with these cards? I've tried selling a few, but no takers it seems.

antitrop

I bought Tomb Raider, Dark Souls and SS2. Great sale for me.

I also got Bioshock Infinite from this thread and basically poop socked it. I couldn't put it down.
Playing through Bioshock Infinite at launch was an unforgettable experience.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
When I bought Half-Life 2 in the midweek before the sale started, it came with Deathmatch. It bottoms out at 75% from what I've observed and been told. Also, I'm pretty sure most would tell you that Half-Life 2 is amazing (though I haven't started it myself).

Oh, Half-Life 2 comes with Deathmatch? Cool. I don't have $5 atm, though.

FINALBOSS

Banned
N4aSfTm.png

Oh, I wish I didn't ask now.

HOT DAMN!

Gaben goin' to a FANCY ASS restaurant with that hooch!

Smash88

Banned
I want to see JaseC's amount spent.

He bought over $1000 worth of cards.

Also it's nice to know nobody loves my amount spent. :(

Salsa

man I hated this geforce experience thing but I gotta be honest I just installed new drivers with it and it was pretty smooth

FINALBOSS

Banned
man I hated this geforce experience thing but I gotta be honest I just installed new drivers with it and it was pretty smooth

Oh shit did they release that revolutionary new recording software with it that doesn't bog down the system like FRAPS? That was supposed to be some hot shit.

antitrop

The only thing I've ever used it for was when I accidentally set a game's settings so high that it would crash and I wasn't able to set them back to default, but I could with THE EXPERIENCE.

Sorral

Here is the Killing Floor giveaway for anyone interested. It is a really good game and best played with a group (from my experience with it and it was a lot of fun.)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Killing Floor -- MB-7C35CF284278A547

Magicman103 made an entry for CC.
ilPhu6P0ziNi9.PNG

Reposting the following for Ingueferroque, Turfster and mannerbot:
Oh man. :lol

Since you all asked on what to do, how about a silly paint drawing that is hilarious to show that you want it? Others in here can vote on the funniest one and then I'll give the winner Castle Crashers.

Nothing dirty in the drawings. Just something funny about this. I was going to just throw the ModBot post here, but it is more fun like this I think unless you guys disagree.

Edit: I meant Windows Paint (or very similar) and not doing anything means you forfeit for the others who didn't and made an entry!

You have spent approximately $16.96 USD in the store since the sale began.

0.80 of that was a purchase for me (Tomb Raider Anniversary), the rest was helping with regional pricing. Got you all beat!

Was wondering if anyone has ever bought Steam Wallet Cards from 7/11? Are they as common there as they are in Best Buy or Gamestop?

MikeDown

Banned
Okay, Gaf I need your help, i'm on a strict budget of only 18 dollars, not sure what to purchase.

Here is what I have been eyeballing:
Deus Ex: HR 2.99 - Looks interesting, sorta wanna get 2.99 is good price
Reus 4.99 - Looks interesting, never planned on buying, 4.99 bit steep
From Dust 9.74 - Been wanting to play this for the longest time, but pricey
Sanctum 2 Season Pass 11.99 - Long run good decision, hopes goes on sale
Sanctum 2 Road to Elysion 3.99 - Alternative if season pass doesn't go on sale
Moster Loves You - 6.69 - Would buy if lower, looks fun
PoP 2008 6.49 - Been wanting to replay this, price is issue, seen it low as 2.99 once

FINALBOSS

Banned
yo salsa crashers better win

I miss it when your avatar actually moved :*(

Okay, Gaf I need your help, i'm on a strict budget of only 18 dollars, not sure what to purchase.

Deus Ex: HR 2.99 - Looks interesting, sorta wanna get 2.99 is good price buy
Reus 4.99 - Looks interesting, never planned on buying, 4.99 bit steep buy
From Dust 9.74 - Been wanting to play this for the longest time, but pricey pass
Sanctum 2 Season Pass 11.99 - Long run good decision, hopes goes on sale pass
Sanctum 2 Road to Elysion 3.99 - Alternative if season pass doesn't go on sale pass
Moster Loves You - 6.69 - Would buy if lower, looks fun pass
PoP 2008 6.49 - Been wanting to replay this, price is issue, seen it low as 2.99 once pass--wait for lower

Salsa

The only thing I've ever used it for was when I accidentally set a game's settings so high that it would crash and I wasn't able to set them back to default, but I could with THE EXPERIENCE.

I havent used THE EXPERIENCE (as in, letting it set settings) at all, but it was cool that I was just doing whatever and a window popped up on the low right that said "NEW DRIVERS ARE OUT"

clicked on it->clicked express install->installed drivers

its cute

Razorskin

----- ------
Appo9xD.png

Chivalry
Surgeon Simulator
Far Cry: Blood Dragon
The Witcher
The Wticher 2
System Shock 2
Kerbal Space Program
Medieval II: Total War
Mirror's Edge
KOTOR I
KOTOR II
Dishonored x2
F.E.A.R

Raxus

PoP 2008 6.49 - Been wanting to replay this, price is issue, seen it low as 2.99 once

Deus Ex. Save your 15 bucks for Deus Ex DLC or other things IMO.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

I will start it off, DE: Human Revolution. Amazing game. And at $3, its an easy choice. Great replay value too.

Exeunt

Oh, Half-Life 2 comes with Deathmatch? Cool. I don't have $5 atm, though.

It did for me, even though it wasn't listed on the page; I don't know whether that was a glitch, part of the deal, or just an unlisted bonus. But you should be able to snatch up Half-Life 2 at $2.49 at some point if you're patient.

jtb

Banned

definitely get HR for $3, it's a pretty great game and ridiculously great deal.

Yondy604

Banned
Any tips on using HDMI cord to hook into PC and TV for the first time?.

Any specific tutorials or customizations I need to do?

Get DE:HR, great value.

Oublieux

Deus Ex: HR 2.99
From Dust 9.74
PoP 2008

Deus Ex: HR is great if you like stealth games and sci-fi settings. I heard the PC port of From Dust isn't that great at all (no video settings, capped at 30 FPS), and I also loved PoP 2008, but keep in my the epilogue DLC does not exist on PC (although I have heard it's not that great anyway).

Toki767

m0EkNxe.png

Not too much so far, although it doesn't include sales from other places having summer sales. Only $5 spent on myself. I feel somewhat proud of my restraint.

I've spent 17.50, 15.20 of which was a four pack I only paid 3.80 out of(I was the host). Just a poor, currently jobless college student :D

Did giveaway CoH Complete, Intersteller Marines, and the Void though which I'm not counting.

Thanks for the giveaways everyone <3

adaen

I've heard that in Germany, Max is addicted to orange juice instead of liquor.

And he doesn't take painkillers, he practices alternative medicine.

Any kind of drug or alcohol abuse or even explicit sexual material is fine in Germany, to a certain degree.

But shooting an innocent bystander while you kill thousands of bad guys? That's a no.
Or shooting a dead body so it reacts in a totally unrealistic video-gamey way? That's a no, too.

I think, I'm gonna try my luck with getting a refund. Gonna throw some law §§ to them about not informing me about the censorship despite doing it all the time and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom