• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecl0n

The problem with David Clayman's Jade Empire score of 9.9 is that it completely disrespects the IGN scale of the time. Whoever the EIC of IGN was at the time failed to enforce the standards of his site.

It wouldn't seem out of place in 2013, because we all know what IGN has become, but back then it was a sore fucking thumb.

Maybe it was a way to test how the public would react considering their future endeavours? *tinfoilhat

Thanks! Also digging it. Thanks to Xelios for the idea.

Quick question - is it possible at all for Enhanced Steam to differentiate at all between DLC? Because, as an example, at the moment, it thinks I own Trine 2 complete, but I only own Trine 2 vanilla. Similar situation with Fallout Vegas....

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I just woke up, so I'll ask instead of searching the hundreds of posts the last seven hours: why am I only seeing two choices for the community vote?

elhav

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dear esther -- MB-DCECE2D3F0F6B47C - Taken by Mengy

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The problem with David Clayman's Jade Empire score of 9.9 is that it completely disrespects the IGN scale of the time. Whoever the EIC of IGN was at the time failed to enforce the standards of his site.

It wouldn't seem out of place in 2013, because we all know what IGN has become, but back then it was a sore fucking thumb.

Jade Empire was a great game but not as great as that "review"

Wok

Really loving Enhanced Steam's "hide games you own" feature; it's nice to be able to browse the master list of games or any category list and not get it bloated down with all the junk you already have.

I have the add-on for Firefox. Where is this option?

didamangi

Is there any other issues with the DMC3 port? This post seems to say that all of the big complaints can be easily fixed.

I got DMC3/4 and Dishonored in my cart right now, thinking of pulling the trigger with card moneys.

tumblr_mad6nxFTtd1qb3exko1_400.gif

Take one for the team.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It's certainly substantially better than either of those... It's not as consolized.

Well of course a game genre that is well known on PC will be better than the loot spin off of Baldurs Gate and Hunter The Reckoning.

Obviously less limitations. I hope to get the game on the winter sale.

Sullichin

So.. I don't have Half Life 2. I played through like half of it on Orangebox on 360 way back.

It goes on sale all the time I'm sure. But should I buy it now with ep 1 and 2?

HePTsXP.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Quick question - is it possible at all for Enhanced Steam to differentiate at all between DLC? Because, as an example, at the moment, it thinks I own Trine 2 complete, but I only own Trine 2 vanilla. Similar situation with Fallout Vegas....

Enhanced Steam can only display what Valve thinks you own. If Valve believes you own Trine 2 complete, Enhanced Steam will highlight it.

Do you have an ETA on the Firefox flavour of 3.9?
The Firefox version is still at 2.9.

Firefox is... tricky. For starters, the code is frozen at the moment for full review. It's been that way since June 26th. It's currently in the queue at position 112 of 238.

Secondly, Firefox does not support what's called "Cross-domain scripting", which Chrome (and now Opera Next) support. This means when browsing the Steam store with Enhanced Steam for Firefox, it cannot access any information on the Steam Community site, and vise versa.

A large number of the features that currently exist in Chrome but not Firefox are features that rely on cross-domain scripting. Until Firefox updates their security policies to allow for a secure method of cross-domain scripting for content scripts, I'm afraid these features may never make it into the Firefox version.

I might wait on DMC3/4.

The price for those two games should really be <$5 and I don't see when I would get around to them anytime soon.

They really should be 5.00 for the bundle. Hopefully the price will drop for DmC between now and the winter sale to drop the prices of DMC3/4 downso that they hit a 5.00 pricepoint for the bundle.

DukeBobby

So.. I don't have Half Life 2. I played through like half of it on Orangebox on 360 way back.

You should. Episode 1 isn't all that great, but you should still get it anyway. Episode 2 is fantastic, even better than the base game itself, in my opinion.

maty

Last question GAF: Buy Killing Floor with or without weapon DLC? And how often does it get discounted?

You don't need to buy the Community Weapons Packs besides there is nice selection of guns already. And even if some achievements are tied to those specific weapons you can still get them anyway.

Wait until they are cheaper, at least 75% off.

God I really need to get a good PC. These sales are insane.

I've bought like 50 games I can't even play..... Luckily a lot of the indies work on my crappy laptop.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

HePTsXP.png

There's no harm in purchasing the Episodes now. Even if Valve introduced a base price drop in the near future, you'd have "wasted" pennies.

Deitus

Am I going to have to go fly down to Schilling's house and personally plead for him to get Amulor discounted?

I'm pretty sure at this point he has less say in that than anyone else in the world. You would be better off knocking on the Governor of Rhode Island's door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom