• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

I have to admit that 38 Studios is my favorite video game industry story of the generation. What a God damn beautiful disaster.

So, Music Creator 6 is on sale for the next 45 minutes. I've always wanted some way to get into music creation/compositing, even though I know nothing of music theory or related fields. Is it a good starting software to mess around if it's only 16 bucks right now? Do you guys know a better alternative, or better resources to learn?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Firefox is... tricky. For starters, the code is frozen at the moment for full review. It's been that way since June 26th. It's currently in the queue at position 112 of 238.

Secondly, Firefox does not support what's called "Cross-domain scripting", which Chrome (and now Opera Next) support. This means when browsing the Steam store with Enhanced Steam for Firefox, it cannot access any information on the Steam Community site, and vise versa.

A large number of the features that currently exist in Chrome but not Firefox are features that rely on cross-domain scripting. Until Firefox updates their security policies to allow for a secure method of cross-domain scripting for content scripts, I'm afraid these features may never make it into the Firefox version.

Ah, I see. Cheers.

I'm thinking about buying one of the Crysis games which is the best?

I'm the minority, but I really liked Crysis 2. It was much more streamlined and polished, yet the levels still gave you a little latitude in deciding how you wanted to approach it. The suit powers worked much better.

Crysis 1 was ambitious, but too buggy and clunky for me.

I played about 2 hours of Crysis 3 before I got bored.

Well I was about to pull the trigger on all three Crysis games on Steam but seeing the latest discussion I will drop Crysis 2 for now.

Crysis Maximum Edition is the way to go since it comes with Crysis and Crysis Warhead for $8.99

Raven77

Is Civilization 5 any good for someone who has never played one of the previous games?

I've read some reviews but they are all from nearly 3 years ago so I dont know how much the game may have changed with patches, etc.

I bought the Gold version just cause I figured I might as well since you get so much extra stuff, can't beat all that for 12 dollars!

antitrop

Crysis Maximum Edition is the way to go since it comes with Crysis and Crysis Warhead for $8.99
Hell yeah.

Don't skip Warhead, it's a good expansion. Crysis 2 is totally worth buying and playing for cheap, it's not a bad game or anything. Just super disappointing and all that.

I didn't care for Crysis 2 until I realized the AI is pretty much broken and being totally stealthy is impossible (or at least too hard to be worth it). Once I accepted I was gonna be located no matter what and I was gonna have to go guns blazing it became better. The story was interesting and the graphics still look pretty damn good.

Grief.exe

Reminder

4 Player Castle Crashers GAF game

FxcdK.png

Starts at 4:15 PM Pacific tonight. Have Mumble installed

1. chronomac
2. Grief.exe
3. bakeray
4. Salsa

antitrop

After playing a bit of F.E.A.R. yesterday, I think Crysis 2 should have been more like FEAR in some way. They do feel kind of similar in the way they play.

I'm not really sure what I'm getting it, just a random musing and a feeling I had.

antitrop

The way to play Crysis 2 is Shield + Big Guns, lots of grenades and explosions. No one survives, everyone dies in the goriest way possible.

Sianos

You're right, no Rayman Oranges sale (so far) this year! Glad I picked it up last year, how cheap has it gone?

Gunpoint will most likely return as either a flash or a daily soon.

Vodh

NP enjoy both of you! People who give deserve to get back!

I've already said thanks, but I feel like I need to thank you again, Frozen Synapse is unbelievably good judging by the first hour. I held back on a couple occasions and I'm not sure I would have ever given it a chance, and I would have missed out on an amazing title!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Is Civilization 5 any good for someone who has never played one of the previous games?

I've read some reviews but they are all from nearly 3 years ago so I dont know how much the game may have changed with patches, etc.

I bought the Gold version just cause I figured I might as well since you get so much extra stuff, can't beat all that for 12 dollars!

Yes. When I brought it last winter sale, I never played any of the games. But the tutorials are well done. You will be overwhelmed at first, but after a good few hours, it will all click.

sprinkles

I did not like Crysis 2 that much, but thoroughly enjoyed Crysis 3, which is the perfect blend of the open levels of the first game and more scripted scenes from the second one. And it does help that I did not see anything remotely that good graphics wise before and since.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So, stupid question... What's the difference between 'Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition' and 'Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition'?

One is $5 cheaper than the other, but I think both include the DLC as the DLC is no longer purchasable by itself.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
liezryou traded me a bunch of TF2 keys for Euro Truck Sim. Thanks a ton.

I think I'm going to get addicted to the Truck Sim. Just completed my first job and backing that cargo into the loading dock was the most intense and stressful gaming experience I've had in awhile. Fuckin awesome! Graphics are pretty good too.

Nabs

So how do you guys play Crysis? Regarding the powers and stuff.

I mix it up as much as possible, but I lean towards stealth. Learning how to use the suit shortcuts in C1 really changed the way I play.

Does Crysis 1 (on Steam) still have strict install limits? I'm always tempted to go back to it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just installed Waterfox and when I want to add ES, it gives me Not available for Firefox 18.0. Weird.

Very weird. It should work with Firefox 17 and above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom