• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enhanced Steam can only display what Valve thinks you own. If Valve believes you own Trine 2 complete, Enhanced Steam will highlight it.

Hey jshackles, thanks again for this great extension. I wanted to ask about something though since I seem to be having a minor glitch, though it's possible the problem is on my end. On some store pages, it doesn't seem to highlight DLC I own. For example, on the Sleeping Dogs DLC page, nothing is highlighted, but on the main game page, in the expandable DLC list, the items I own and wish for are highlighted. Is there something wrong on my end? Just a minor problem, overall the extension is incredibly helpful.

antitrop

I would also say The Darkness, but nobody played that for its shooting mechanics anyway.
I know somewhere on NeoGAF I've said before that The Darkness is one of the most noteworthy and unique FPS of the generation.

Starbreeze got something extremely right there that wasn't captured in the Digital Extremes sequel.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
tl;dr get chrome Jase!

I was using Chrome for a short while, but couldn't stand Google's insistence on having automatic suggestions split between search terms and history items. That said, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have it installed for the express purpose of browsing the store.

catabarez

I was using Chrome for a short while, but couldn't stand Google's insistence on having automatic suggestions split between search terms and history items. That said, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have it installed for the express purpose of browsing the store.

Isn't there a way to fix that?

filipe

I think you can turn that off.

jph139

Picked up the original Half-Life and decided to go with Half-Life 1 Complete just for the hell of it (since it was like a buck more). Looking forward to the main game but how are the others - Opposing Force and Blue Shift? Any order I should play them in?

Is Civilization 5 any good for someone who has never played one of the previous games?

I've read some reviews but they are all from nearly 3 years ago so I dont know how much the game may have changed with patches, etc.

I bought the Gold version just cause I figured I might as well since you get so much extra stuff, can't beat all that for 12 dollars!

Yes, it's the easiest one to get into out of the lot. No previous experience needed, probably preferential if anything. Also, picking up the gold version was a solid choice.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey jshackles, thanks again for this great extension. I wanted to ask about something though since I seem to be having a minor glitch, though it's possible the problem is on my end. On some store pages, it doesn't seem to highlight DLC I own. For example, on the Sleeping Dogs DLC page, nothing is highlighted, but on the main game page, in the expandable DLC list, the items I own and wish for are highlighted. Is there something wrong on my end? Just a minor problem, overall the extension is incredibly helpful.

HA I've never even seen that DLC page before - how do you get to it from the store?

I can add those nodes to things to be highlighted in a future version.

Reminder

4 Player Castle Crashers GAF game

FxcdK.png

Starts at 4:15 PM Pacific tonight. Have Mumble installed

1. chronomac
2. Grief.exe
3. bakeray
4. Salsa

You guys have a twitch stream or something set up so the rest of us can watch?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I think the Steam votes continue to show that people will commonly vote for what has name value without doing any research. I mean, I know I shouldn't be surprised, but sometimes it does. In this case it didn't, but it does sadden me when a game that goes on sale a lot overtakes a game that some may want that doesn't have its individual sale.

Prophane33

liezryou traded me a bunch of TF2 keys for Euro Truck Sim. Thanks a ton.

I think I'm going to get addicted to the Truck Sim. Just completed my first job and backing that cargo into the loading dock was the most intense and stressful gaming experience I've had in awhile. Fuckin awesome! Graphics are pretty good too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one singing the praises of this game. I really wish people would stop comparing it to things like Farming Simulator. Outside of the title they are completely different beasts. I love listening to the radio stations from "weird' European countries.

Can't.. look.. at steam sale spoilers.

Why do ya guys dooo thaaayaat.

It's posted on the official Steam site under News.

Cth

Name brand recognition.

Every time.

:D

EDIT:
People just like voting. Even if they do remember what was on sale, they're going to vote cause they like to push buttons. At least this time around they get a point towards another card. Prior years, they had no excuse :D

Max Payne 3 is horrifically bad on Hard. It's just your average run of the mill cover based shooter with terrible checkpoint saving.

Think I'm gunna knock it down to normal.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
HA I've never even seen that DLC page before - how do you get to it from the store?

I can add those nodes to things to be highlighted in a future version.

View the page of a particular piece of DLC and then click on the "Downloadable Content" breadcrumb.

mclem

Of the games that have been up for a community vote thus far, which ones haven't then gone on to be either a daily or a flash sale?

antitrop

The community has a short term memory on what has already been on sale a billion times before.
I think it's more that the percentage is higher, the price is lower, and nobody has any idea wtf Van Helsing is.

It had no chance, even though it clearly should have won.

shaowebb

Woo! Just got gifted a copy of Rogue Legacy by a friend! Got him a Mark of the Ninja from his wishlist in return. That was my big want and now I'm set. Hurray!

TokiDoki

I love Dark Souls, but I really can't justify the double dip.

EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD BUY IT THOUGH :).

I already double dipped after buying full priced 360 version and finished it , and then grabbing this on steam for $7.49 . Worth every penny .

Anyway , TWD won by a landslide zzzzz , I thought this had been on sales gazilion times before .

antitrop

Name brand recognition.

Every time.

:D
I think Van Helsing being attached to that strange branding hurts the game more than it helps it.

You don't actually play as Van Helsing, it has nothing to do with Hugh Jackman, you play as Van Helsing's son and it's not like a beat-em-up platformer or something...

It's about getting phat loot, not killing Dracula.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom