• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, you telling me you don't wait giddy with excitement when it's half an hour before the new dailies?

Well sure, a certain part stirs deep within my bitter soul, but we ain't talking the end of TLOU here. We're talking sale prices. Prices, for a sale, of video games. They're not spoilers. It's a leak. A spoiler? I feel like Iverson talking about practice.

I'm guessing the stalker games aren't on sale at all because no one from THQ was around to approve it?

Too soon?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
View the page of a particular piece of DLC and then click on the "Downloadable Content" breadcrumb.

That's weird. I've honestly never seen this page before LOL. I'll add support for highlighting on those DLC pages, and also add a link to that page on each app that has DLC.

zulux21

Can't.. look.. at steam sale spoilers.

Why do ya guys dooo thaaayaat.

hmmm it never occurred to me that someone might see what is coming up in the sale as a spoiler lol.

of course there is always a chance steam is trolling, purposely leaked the sale list only to put different games on sale today than what is listed (unlikely but still :p)

xBlain

I've been reflecting on a lot of games and I want

Ys Origin
Ys Felghana
Rayman Origins
Binary Domain
Alpha Protocol
DMC3 and 4
Remember Me
McPixel
System Shock 2
Mark of Ninja
Castlecrashers
Metro Last Light
Puzzle Quest 2
Little Inferno
Lords of The Ring: War in the North
Thomas Was Alone
Sine Mora
Rogue Galaxy
Don't Starve
Xcom

I didnt expected to want more games smh.

I can trade Little Inferno with you if interested?

Well sure, a certain part stirs deep within my bitter soul, but we ain't talking the end of TLOU here. We're talking sale prices. Prices, for a sale, of video games. They're not spoilers. It's a leak. A spoiler? I feel like Iverson talking about practice.
B-ut but but I wanna know what happens next!

Will my wallet survive? Will my credit card limit explode?

Will I finally get a fucking good discount on Vampire Bloodlines? 25% on a 2004 game are you fucking shitting me

MadSexual

So, Music Creator 6 is on sale for the next 45 minutes. I've always wanted some way to get into music creation/compositing, even though I know nothing of music theory or related fields. Is it a good starting software to mess around if it's only 16 bucks right now? Do you guys know a better alternative, or better resources to learn?
Reaper is more expensive, but substantially more robust. Most DAWs have month long trials. Don't bother with no name low end software.

PM me if you want more thorough advice. I just wanted to respond before you acted. Hope I'm not too late.

Today's Daily Deals include:

Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off
Dead Island Series 50 - 75% off
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition 75% off
Fallen Enchantress Series 66 - 75% off
Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition 80% off
Batman Arkham City GOTY 75% off
Ace of Spades 75% off
Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword 75% off
Evoland 50% off
Deus Ex: Human Revolution 85% off

Man my wallet is safe today, pressure relieved.

kevin1025

Banned

Ace of Spades 75% off
Evoland 50% off

I wonder if original Deus Ex will have that 85% drop too, or be 75%.

LogicStep

I bought Dishonored and Mark of the Ninja from my cellphone since I'm at work and told it to install my games remotely. I think I left my computer on so hopefully when I get home they are ready to go. If they are, that is super cool. I know it isn't a new feature or anything but it's the first time I've done this on any system and that is super cool.

Amneisac

Ace of Spades 75% off
Evoland 50% off

DEM FLASH DEALS GONNA GET YOUR WALLET.

HA I've never even seen that DLC page before - how do you get to it from the store?

I can add those nodes to things to be highlighted in a future version.

I guess I cheated a little. In the Steam client, go to a game with DLC and click the DLC link on the right side. The resulting page has a URL of the form store.steampowered.com/dlc/[app#], so I just went to that in Chrome. I assumed it would work the same way!

I actually had another small glitch (I swear I don't mean to seem like I'm complaining, it's great!), some pages for Packs don't correctly highlight for me either, while others do. For example Dawn of War Franchise Pack page is not properly highlighting the items I own (namely, the first 3 DoW games, at the bottom), nor is Sleeping Dogs DLC Collection (different page than the other one). But some pack pages are: Dawn of War II Complete Pack is correctly highlighting, as is Assassin's Creed Pack. I can try to provide screenshots if you need. I was really just trying to figure out what might be inconsistent between these pages.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I guess I cheated a little. In the Steam client, go to a game with DLC and click the DLC link on the right side. The resulting page has a URL of the form store.steampowered.com/dlc/[app#], so I just went to that in Chrome. I assumed it would work the same way!

I actually had another small glitch (I swear I don't mean to seem like I'm complaining, it's great!), some pages for Packs don't correctly highlight for me either, while others do. For example Dawn of War Franchise Pack page is not properly highlighting the items I own (namely, the first 3 DoW games, at the bottom), nor is Sleeping Dogs DLC Collection (different page than the other one). But some pack pages are: Dawn of War II Complete Pack is correctly highlighting, as is Assassin's Creed Pack. I can try to provide screenshots if you need. I was really just trying to figure out what might be inconsistent between these pages.

No problem at all! The more people ask questions, the better idea I have of what's wrong. If you hadn't asked about the DLC pages, I probably wouldn't have even known they existed.

The other issue you're having is that the other packs which are not highlighting anything have weird pricing abnormalities that Enhanced Steam currently is erroring out on. The Dawn of War pack has an item with no price, and the Sleeping Dogs pack has one item where the price is the word "Free".

This bug has been identified and will be fixed in the very next version releasing soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom