• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookiejet

I'm really interested in Dark Souls. I have been getting into roguelikes and roguelike-likes lately, but I don't have the stomach for horror. Some of the monsters pictured from the game seem a little harrowing.

How scary is it beyond the scariness of basic survival in a game of its type? (Particularly, are there any jump scares? I have a weak heart :))

Barbarian

Just got back from trading in a bunch of old 360 games at Gamestop to get more Steam funds to fill my wallet.

What did I miss? Van Helsing lost?!!

MadSexual

I'm really interested in Dark Souls. I have been getting into roguelikes and roguelike-likes lately, but I don't have the stomach for horror. Some of the monsters pictured from the game seem a little harrowing.

How scary is it beyond the scariness of basic survival in a game of its type? (Particularly, are there any jump scares? I have a weak heart :))
Not scary at all. The fights are what can make it nerve racking.

Grief.exe

Reminder

4 Player Castle Crashers GAF game

FxcdK.png

Starts at 4:15 PM Pacific tonight. Have Mumble installed

1. chronomac
2. Grief.exe
3. bakeray
4. Salsa

You guys have a twitch stream or something set up so the rest of us can watch?

I think Salsa might be setting one up

Sullichin

No jump scares really, more like you're shitting your pants because you have no health left and you made it a little further than you have before.

Tecl0n

Some areas have enemies may sneak on you, and one or two areas have "big" bug-like enimes, other than that i don't think so.

antitrop

Dark Souls is Durante or bust.

Why the fuck did people choose Walking Dead over Van Helsing? This sucks.
Because nobody has any idea what Van Helsing is, even though they should.

EDIT: Yeah, Dark Souls is no big deal for anyone remotely familiar with Rogue-likes.

KarmaCow

It's not really a rogue-like at all beyond the fact that you tend to die a lot. It's actually quite forgiving compared to most roguelikes in terms of preserving your progression.

And yea it's not scary either. Definitely tense, but not scary.

It's not really a rogue-like at all beyond the fact that you tend to die a lot. It's actually quite forgiving compared to most roguelikes in terms of preserving your progression.

And yea it's not scary either. Definitely tense, but not scary.

I'd describe Dark Soul's as melancholic, and that is probably my finest praise.

Salsa

I think Salsa might be setting one up

im not hopeful, so if anyone else can that'd be great

im probably gonna have some lag going on due to being in the other corner on the world and that + if I try to stream it is only gonna make it worse and more complicated

I have been wanting Evoland for a long time, so I was pumped to see that it's going to be a daily. But I finally just looked u reviews for it, and it doesn't seem that many people like it.

So it seems like I'll be putting my money towards finally getting the PC version of Dark Souls. I think I'm ready to play it again.

So I've finally gotten around to playing McPixel and wtf am I playing

It's like WarioWare but with fewer instructions, if you can imagine it. It's neat for a buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom