• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookiejet

No jump scares really, more like you're shitting your pants because you have no health left and you made it a little further than you have before.

Some areas have enemies may sneak on you, and one or two areas have "big" bug-like enimes, other than that i don't think so.

It's not really a rogue-like at all beyond the fact that you tend to die a lot. It's actually quite forgiving compared to most roguelikes in terms of preserving your progression.

And yea it's not scary either. Definitely tense, but not scary.

That's heartening. I think I might get it. I'll try to avoid those bug-like monsters; I'm not particularly fond crawl-y things :)

I'm glad I jumped on the Telltale humble bundle. I got it for 10 times less!

Copenap

Dear People of NeoGAF,

please tell me, should I buy Dark Souls? I played thorugh it on my X360 but never played the dlc and would love to have a stable framerate and play the game again in general, but how bad is Games for Windows? Do I need an extra client or something? I've never used it...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I see I dont need to convince people to buy Gunpoint. Good. *goes back to his Indie thread cave*

damn, why did i buy gunpoint yesterday? i can't wait anymore...

iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

MadSexual

I understand the delay of price updates, but I'm especially confused about Strike Suit Zero in the voting. It's been 75% the entire sale as the base price, but not it's up for vote at 66%? Why would 66% ever even enter into the equation. Time to wait and see...

Tecl0n

Dear People of NeoGAF,

please tell me, should I buy Dark Souls? I played thorugh it on my X360 but never played the dlc and would love to have a stable framerate and play the game again in general, but how bad is Games for Windows? Do I need an extra client or something? I've never used it...

"Stable"? You mean "all superior 60fps" It autoinstalls GFWL and you have to make a profile.

DukeBobby

Well make a long write up that we can quote for the rest of the thread, whenever someone asks, "whats gunpoint?"

I'll just use this from the indie thread. (I didn't write it)

Gunpoint-2-008.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/206190/

Gunpoint isn't the easiest game to describe. It's a puzzle-based platformer with stealth dressings? Regardless, it is a hell of a lot of fun, even if it's a bit short. It also has a great aesthetic, mixing film noir and 8-bit elements.

louiedog

Ok, Gunpoint vs Mark of the Ninja..

Convince me :D

If you're anything like me you'll play Mark of the Ninja for longer and it costs less, so for the most bang for your buck that's probably the way to go. They play differently though and are both fantastic. Get both if you can.

Genji

Will pick up Dark Souls once the store stabilizes. Evoland looks like it'd be fun for the first few 'upgrades', but I'll wait for that to drop even more during the next sale or something.

Cth

If you're anything like me you'll play Mark of the Ninja for longer and it costs less, so for the most bang for your buck that's probably the way to go. They play differently though and are both fantastic. Get both if you can.

Thanks.

Dead Island Riptide is $20! Yeah, I'm not even going near it. i guess I was kind of expecting this since the game was just recently released. I guess Borderlands 2 and another random game will be the last games I get before the sale ends.

Koeta

so many daily's have been 50% off this time around it's kind of sad :(
tons of flash sales for 50% also, I remember steam sales throwing that 75% off much more often back in the day.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Lego LotR sale! I hope the other Lego games are on sale too!

Doesn't seem so, but perhaps that'll kick in soon. FYI, publishing duties on the Lego games are split between LucasArts/Disney and WB. LotR falls into the latter column, so that also gives you Batman and Harry Potter; you lose out on Indy and Star Wars. (I hope Disney puts Lego PotC up on Steam one day.)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced steam is not displaying what I own anymore :(

It's likely just that Valve's servers are overwhelmed. Enhanced Steam uses the storefront API. When that API is offline, highlighting will stop. Should clear up in a few minutes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom