• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? Have you even played Van Helsing?

I love The Walking Dead, but it's a QTE/dialogue-selection fest.

Sure have... but to be fair only for about 3 hours. I get what it's trying to do, but among ARPGs it's pretty low on the list. It has that charming east european flair (or jank, depending on what you want to call it) but to say it's a better gameplay experience than TWD is pretty hyperbolic.

Mugatu

Finally, Gunpoint! Had such fun with the demo but again due to backlog I cannot justify paying full price for any game ATM. But on sale I will buy.

traveler

Not Wario
Getting Gunpoint for sure, but debating on the edition. Can anyone who has them comment on the extra features? Is the soundtrack good? Is the commentary interesting? (This is the main thing that would sell it to me- loved the HL2 episode commentary) Are the prototypes different/playable enough to enjoy a run through in addition to the main game? Thanks!

Deitus

Finally, Gunpoint!

I voted for Strike Suit Zero. I know Bastion is going to win, because it's 85% off... and it's Bastion. But I already own it, and it's been on sale a billion times already.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anyone want to offer an actual response?

I'll just use this from the indie thread. (I didn't write it)

Added a bit more to that entry:

Gunpoint - $5.99 (40% off)
Gunpoint-2-008.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/206190/

Gunpoint is a sidescrolling stealth action game with puzzle elements that delivers on satisfying stealth mechanics with a film noir attitude. You'll be tasked with missions for which you need to plan and execute an infiltration plan, take out the guards (or avoid them completely), execute your objectives and then safely return to your home. The most interesting feature of the game that will give it a lot of replayability is the ability to "cross-wire" electric circuits. This allows you , for example, to change a light switch to operating a door or a light on a completely different floor. This allows for a variety of shenanigans with the reactions of the guards and technical possibilities, which makes the levels almost feel a little sandbox in itself. Plus level editor!

OT over here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575173

Sianos

Gunpoint, huzzah! Also Evoland! yayyy spending money

Still, I'll give the Gunpoint demo a shot before jumping in, just because.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It's bad that I don't even remember buying some of the games that are on sale.

Clicked Tropico 4 - nope already own it.
Clicked Arkham City - nope already own it.

I have problems.

Whools

I have Bastion and Awesomenauts, might as well vote for the other on... oh wait it will reduce the discount for some reason. Bastion again it is.

Drake

War of the Roses for 5 bucks is tempting. I have a feeling I'll get owned in that game for a long time because the learning curve is so high.

Is it weird that I'm considering getting Batman AC again just for the DLC, because I already have the base game and can't buy the DLC separately anymore? (Stupid WB)

Sullichin

Good luck!

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dark Souls -- MB-BC80D31705AC6A13 - Taken by masterkajo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom