• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You missed a few pages back in this thread. I didn't even know these pages existed. :p

Highlighting should work in the upcoming version.

Sorry, you know how this thread goes... :D

Actually you do. So far, no one has explained why should I buy it, especially when $6 seems a bit steep.

It looks amazing, it's "indier" than most titles, it has good music.

Other than that, I don't see a reason. Gameplay looks quite boring. Mark of the Ninja feels like a better purchase, as they're similar (I said similar, hold your horses everyone).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
He wasn't aware of the dedicated DLC pages. Support for those will be added in an update.

Edit: Beaten.

I think I'll also make this header on the app page clickable and direct users the to the DLC page. The DLC page is currently very well hidden.

QBAIoKG.png

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I skipped on Reus and Dust for backlog reasons but Gunpoint is reeeeally tempting right now.

Apdiddy

Just got Gunpoint.

Today's deals are perfectly average, but decent. Although I can't see myself paying $20 for Dead Island Riptide.

Copons

I'm starting to get a bit worried of my expenses, and I'm considering to call it a day with this sale.
I still have some games I'd like to get, but... I dunno... maybe I should wait Halloween or Christmas sale.

BTW:

- Dark Souls
- Civilization 5
- Borderlands 2
- Kentucky Route Zero
- Prison Architect

Two of them keep spawining in giveaway while I'm away. Plz guyz plz. :'(

Mrbob

I'm a huge fan of Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes. Really good price. Since I owned an earlier version of Fallen Enchantress the 50 percent discount is currently stacking on top of the $13.80 discounted price, so I see $6.41. I'm only on my phone though, not at home and I can't buy gifts from my phone. :( Hope that is legit I'm going to get a couple copies for friends.

Koeta

oh well be back in 8 hours to see if steam can still get me today or if I get away without spending a dime today =p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just give me a Rogue Legacy Daily/Flash deal. That's all I want out of this whole sale.

It's not likely to go lower than it's current sale price. It was just released. Kickstarter/pre-orders were for $10, and if they discounted it deeper than that now they would likely have a riot on their hands.

Prophane33

Any opinions on Ace of Spades? Looks kind of neat and outside of Terraria I've never played any "minecraft style" games. Is it multiplayer only? How is the community?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just got my third Chivalry card. God damn you, RNG.

Amneisac

Will the Steam Summer Getaway Cards last forever? I just got a Skyrim (foil) and they're only selling for like $1.62 - I think it'd like to keep it.

Salsa

Just got Gunpoint.

Today's deals are perfectly average, but decent. Although I can't see myself paying $20 for Dead Island Riptide.

hence this

ilW1aYw3YI3h5.gif

deals aint plain bad, I just already got Gunpoint thanks to xelios and the stuff I want isnt discounted enough

I'm a huge fan of Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes. Really good price. Since I owned an earlier version of Fallen Enchantress the 50 percent discount is currently stacking on top of the $13.80 discounted price, so I see $6.41. I'm only on my phone though, not at home and I can't buy gifts from my phone. :( Hope that is legit I'm going to get a couple copies for friends.

Could i be a buddy? :p
Would you say you need the original as well or just the newest one?

jshackles

Yes, do it. It's always a pain in the ass to get to the DLC pages.

I'll also be adding the DLC categorization to the DLC page for each item.

Always good to tie services together in meaningful ways.

I'm starting to get a bit worried of my expenses, and I'm considering to call it a day with this sale.
I still have some games I'd like to get, but... I dunno... maybe I should wait Halloween or Christmas sale.

BTW:

- Dark Souls
- Civilization 5
- Borderlands 2
- Kentucky Route Zero
- Prison Architect

Two of them keep spawining in giveaway while I'm away. Plz guyz plz. :'(

If you don't want to play them this week don't buy them. There's always more sales in the future.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Actually you do. So far, no one has explained why should I buy it, especially when $6 seems a bit steep.

Well, I just posted this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=71093741&postcount=8519

Funny dialogues/writing and achievements, VERY satisfying stealth gameplay with the fantastic rewiring mechanic that allows you to do all kinds of shenanigans (like wiring a door to a pistol, that might lead to someone opening a door, the pistol being activated by the door, which in turn activates a sound sensor that leads a guard away from an area. Or whatever. I highly recommend checking out the demo.

Disclaimer: Its a fantastic game, but very short if you dont plan on dabbling into user content. I can see how someone might prefer spending the 6 bucks on 3-4 other games instead since Gunpoint is only about 3-4 hours long for a one time playthrough if you take your time. One of my surprise favourites this year though because it was just simply a joy to play.

Avallon

Well that's annoying -- enhanced Steam doesn't think I own Arkham City GOTY because I own Arkham City and all of the DLC.

EDIT: I know this is not the fault of enhanced steam, but rather steam itself.

Grief.exe

Information for the day

Arkham City, along with Bioshock 2, might be getting GFWL and Securom removed.

Dark Souls Mod Guide
If you are having issues getting Dark Souls running on Widows 8 (Or any GFWL game for that matter)
Deus Ex Mod Guide
System Shock 2 Mod Guide

I would suggest voting for Awesomenauts, both Strike Suit Zero and Bastion have already had deals this summer sale. The former has actually been a better deal than the -66%, and is currently on sale right now for -75% off.
EDIT: Strike Suit Zero's pricing just got updated to a -85% discount, that means it will be the lowest price the title has ever had. That makes the the vote choice entirely subjective at this point, either vote for Awesomenauts to give it some marketing or vote for SS0 to get it at its lowest price. No reason to vote for Bastion.

Looks like Fallen Enchantress, Warband, Dead Island Riptide, and Ace of Spades got Steam cards today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom