• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

1b4b3599_DATA.exe_DX9_20130717_025002.jpeg

Now THAT'S a dragon. No idea if you can kill that thing. I took some screenshots from a distance and got the crap out of there.

You can kill that dragon actually.

How do Mount & Blade and War of the Roses compare to Chivarly?
Do either of them have a single player mode? Good character customization?

Mount and Blade: Warband has a very deep single player mode where you control an army as you take over land.
It also has a multiplayer mode as well.

War of the Roses and Mount and Blade have similar combat styles.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Damn was hoping the Lego sale would be a franchise sale

You'll never see a franchise sale as publishing duties are split between LucasArts/Disney (Star Wars and Indy) and WB (Batman, Harry Potter and LotR). That said, there's a fair chance that Warner's other Lego games will follow suit soon.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
With the combination of the facts that the Cards Market had a massive crash, the fact that I can't put anything up for sale and that all the remaining cards I have to drop are for games I didn't play yet but want to play in the near future is making me NOT want to idle for cards.

I wonder if it's an issue (as in, eventually they'll no longer drop) if I just don't get them for now? I already 105 cards on my inventory that I can't do shit with them.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I just posted this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=71093741&postcount=8519

Funny dialogues/writing and achievements, VERY satisfying stealth gameplay with the fantastic rewiring mechanic that allows you to do all kinds of shenanigans (like wiring a door to a pistol, that might lead to someone opening a door, the pistol being activated by the door, which in turn activates a sound sensor that leads a guard away from an area. Or whatever. I highly recommend checking out the demo.

Disclaimer: Its a fantastic game, but very short if you dont plan on dabbling into user content. I can see how someone might prefer spending the 6 bucks on 3-4 other games instead since Gunpoint is only about 3-4 hours long for a one time playthrough if you take your time. One of my surprise favourites this year though because it was just simply a joy to play.
Mmm... that sounds better than what I had read before. But I'll follow your warning and wait for a deeper discount then.

Nabs

A note on this: If you want to support a developer, it is sometimes better to buy on Steam as it then gets placement on the top sellers list and therefore more exposure and more sales.

It's a balancing act, so just buy it where it is most convenient for you.

Edit: I need to double check where my posts fall, as this is going to get ignored.

True. This was a big problem during the pre-sales. It's a good thing he caught it early before it was too late.

With the combination of the facts that the Cards Market had a massive crash, the fact that I can't put anything up for sale and that all the remaining cards I have to drop are for games I didn't play yet but want to play in the near future is making me NOT want to idle for cards.

I wonder if it's an issue (as in, eventually they'll no longer drop) if I just don't get them for now? I already 105 cards on my inventory that I can't do shit with them.

Can I have all of them?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, shit.

I want to get Fallen Enchantress: LH and Steam/Stardock won't let me. The store page only shows two pieces of DLC for FE:LH. I see on the Steam forums that this is a widespread thing.

Fuck.

You can't buy the game just yet because it's 116% off, and as a fail-safe measure the ability to purchase a game is removed when its price dives into negative territory.

Mihos

Gold Member
Dark Souls. Such a good price. The game is BRUTAL but also so darn rewarding.

Beating this sucker for the first time was such a joy.

And this sucker just kinda blew me away.

Now THAT'S a dragon. No idea if you can kill that thing. I took some screenshots from a distance and got the crap out of there.

Fire Gear and Two hand your weapon. He is actually pretty easy in the end game.
Or you can cheese him with arrows, they did fix the 'single arrow from the tower' exploit on the PC version at least

It's pretty cool knowing that through a careful and aggressive manner of dealing Steam cards I've made nearly $10 lol.

Now I just keep going until I have a deal I want!

Mihos

Gold Member
You can't buy the game just yet because it's 116% off, and as a failsafe measure the ability to purchase a game is removed when a game's price dives into negative territory.

Ahh... I had this same question...

AND GET TROPICO

I finally picked up the PC version of Dark Souls, did my playing through it on PS3 so it'll just stay as a collection piece. I might get around to replaying it, maybe see how nice it looks in motion with DSfix.

Deitus

What is Strike Suit Infinity ($1.75) vs Zero? It says it's Zero's "evil twin," an arcade-like game.... can anyone with experience explain a bit more?

I haven't played either, but I get the impression that Infinity is more of a score attack mode, while Zero actually features a campaign with story and objectives.

The SSZ situation is driving me crazy. I'm on the fence at the current $5 and can probably hold out, but if the community vote % is an error and it's going even cheaper, then I'm all over it! No way at all I'm buying at 66% though.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I voted for SSZ before I saw the percentage. I'm hoping it's actually supposed to be 85% if it wins, but my fear is that the 75% is the error and that they will correct that error.

marrec

Banned
Marrec's Opinion of Gunpoint:

Gunpoint is one of those games where the part's equal up to much more than their sum. The actual mechanics of jumping around the levels feels highly refined and tight. The animations for both launching the jump and landing add to it's appeal and the fact that it's not a simple one to one button press to jump makes it feel like a much different game than something like 'Mark of the Ninja'.

The writing reminds me of noir. If someone read about what noir was all about and then decided to make it fit within a self-aware video game universe. It's not as super self-serious as the noir in Deus Ex but it still ends up feeling very genuine and surprisingly clever.

The puzzle mechanics are what make it really stand out though. If you've played Stealth Bastard then you kind of get the idea. You're jumping around a level and hacking into certain areas of that level, then redirecting the function of certain electrical things within that area. This light switch used to turn on and off a light, but once you hack it you can make it open and close a door. That basic mechanic is spread out through multiple interactions throughout all the levels and creates a sort of emergent puzzle solving quality to the game.

You can also just bash your way through levels, though this is very hard to pull off without dying multiple times.

For the new page, it is a short game, but multiple playthroughs are possible.

Jørdan

This urge to immediately jump the gun before everything is set is so strange.

Look in their news section, check out day 6, DmC is listed as 50% off but all Devil May Cry games are on sale.
Yes...I know. It was not I that jumped the gun but by all means continue to belittle, whomever you are.

You'll never see a franchise sale as publishing duties are split between LucasArts/Disney (Star Wars and Indy) and WB (Batman, Harry Potter and LotR). That said, there's a fair chance that Warner's other Lego games will follow suit soon.

Mainly interested in the Harry Potter ones, well my girlfriend is so hopefully they go daily

So what's Gunpoint? People seem to be into it

M.D

System Shock 2 is mine! I think its my last purchase for this sale (unless there's some crazy deal I can't ignore)

I saw the modding page people have been posting, but what mods do you actually recommend installing?

The huge difference between War of the Roses and Chivalry is the combat.

War of the Roses melee combat has less depth and ends up being very spammy.

Chivalry has an incredibly deep melee system that is easy to pick up, but takes a long time to master.

I'd say exactly the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom