• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of them is wrong. Ppl are debating whether to hold out on the community being higher than 75% or the price being corrected back down to 66% :\

I see...
Thanks for the input.

Buy now or expect a lower price or be bitten by a higher price... goddamn Steam makes us Wall Street players.

Petrie

Banned
Alright GAF: I own Tropico, Deus Ex, and L4D2. Is anything else a must-have PC exclusive or substantially better and an absolute bargain at the price?

GTA4 is off the table. Hated it on 360, better graphics won't fix that.

Parallacs

wow it is really that good? i scared of playing it for the difficulty.

I was sort of scared when I got it. I never use my controller and I am terrible at these types of games.

I died like fourty times on the taurus demon (one of the easiest bosses in the game). I also spec'ed totally wrong and thought about restarting.

BUT, I was having fun and learned to not get frustrated. There are ways to "cheese" some of the harder parts with arrows and there is no shame in summoning help. By the end of the game, I was one shotting most bosses solo and taking on invasions. It is a great game.

Mairu

Anyone doing a 4-pack for Ace of Spades or War of the Roses? I'm at work right now but if you PM me on gaf or steam I can respond & paypal as soon as I see your message

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Alright GAF: I own Tropico, Deus Ex, and L4D2. Is anything else a must-have PC exclusive or substantially better and an absolute bargain at the price?

GTA4 is off the table. Hated it on 360, better graphics won't fix that.

A million things, start with SpaceChem :p

Gameboy415

Okay, Strike Suit Zero actually looks really cool in the video. Anybody here actually played it?

I haven't but it looks pretty darn fun.

I have a feeling it's not going to win the vote so I just nabbed the Mega Bundle (with all DLC and Strike Suit Infinity) for $9.99 (as well as Dark Souls and Evoland, woo!).
Guess I'll be the guinea pig, haha.

I'll try to post some impressions later tonight when I finish work!

Mugatu

Anyone doing a 4-pack for Ace of Spades or War of the Roses? I'm at work right now but if you PM me on gaf or steam I can respond & paypal as soon as I see your message

I thought of doing Ace of Spades but the reviews scared me off.

Uiki

Ok gaf. I'm like at NG++++ on 360, but i never played the dlc.

Should I buy dark souls just for the dlc?

Lots of people are giving away Dark Souls.

Also, it's been on sale a couple of times, so everyone should have it by now.

Yeah, I agree with your reasons for giving out Gunpoint instead. And I agree that everyone should have it by now. Just craaazy to me that some people would actually prefer Gunpoint's lack of depth to Dark Souls' endless plunge. Guess everyone can't have excellent taste.

Addnan

Another foil. Woo.

zevXXwz.png

Don't know what to put this up at. The only other one on the market is at the stupid price of £23+.

Yeah, I agree with your reasons for giving out Gunpoint instead. And I agree that everyone should have it by now. Just craaazy to me that some people would actually prefer Gunpoint's lack of depth to Dark Souls' endless plunge. Guess everyone can't have excellent taste.

Everyone has excellent taste, but they already have Dark Souls' hense people prefer Gunpoint as they don't have it. I just wish Dark Souls would run better on my computer :(

Grief.exe

Ok gaf. I'm like at NG++++ on 360, but i never played the dlc.

Should I buy dark souls just for the dlc?

The DLC is ridiculously good.

It reminds me of HL2: Ep 2. From learned from their base game and released a perfect expansion.
Trims the fat and is just a perfectly executed, and paced, addition.

Okay, Strike Suit Zero actually looks really cool in the video. Anybody here actually played it?

I did. It's pretty sweet if you're one of those people who pines for the return of the space sim and loves Wing Commander, Freespace, etc. SSZ lies closer to the arcade end of the spectrum (there's no power management, for example) but otherwise it flies like most space sims. Then there's the Strike Mode stuff, which allows you to turn your ship into a mech with six degrees of freedom, such that it actually plays a bit more like Descent and gives you supercharged weapons. I'd place the game a tad on the difficult side, especially because some mission objectives have ridiculously tight timers (at least for me), so if that's a turn-off be warned.

Haven't tried Strike Suit Infinity, dunno if the allure of chasing high scores is enough to get me to buy it. But SSZ has plenty of that as well to unlock upgrades and the like so maybe it's worth getting as well--it sounds like the gameplay of SSZ is completely intact. If you have no interest in playing through a traditional campaign, Infinity is a bargain.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Another foil. Woo.

zevXXwz.png

Don't know what to put this up at. The only other one on the market is at the stupid price of £23+.

Try your luck at half that value. If you get too greedy, it'll sit idle and you'll soon start seeing people continually undercut you.

Grief.exe

Various PSAs

Information for the day

Arkham City, along with Bioshock 2, might be getting GFWL and Securom removed.

Dark Souls Mod Guide
Deus Ex Mod Guide
System Shock 2 Mod Guide

I would suggest voting for Awesomenauts, both Strike Suit Zero and Bastion have already had deals this summer sale. The former has actually been a better deal than the -66%, and is currently on sale right now for -75% off.

Looks like Fallen Enchantress, Warband, Dead Island Riptide and Ace of Spades got Steam cards today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom