• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks everyone for pointing this out. Got highlighting working so one step closer.

OghVkTv.png

v0rtikal

Why does the Arkham City store page also let you buy the Arkham Asylum GOTY? Weird stuff.

Welcome to the Steam Summer Sale!.. it happens all the time bro, for instance when Assassin's Creed 3 got this shitty 40% discount the rest of the franchise had 75% off.

Parallacs

Man, disapointing that outside of KOTOR, there hasn't been any star wars sales :/ Damn you Disney!

Yeah I have the Kotors and Republic Commando but I crave something Star Wars. Maybe the old Dark Forces would be nice. Maybe one of the RTS that I never played.

daevv

Has Baldurs Gate: Enhanced Edition been on a flash sale yet? It's 50% off now at $9.99 and I want it. If I missed it on flash then I'll just get it now instead of waiting.

Mugatu

This is not a democracy, so I get to choose. Less people have played Gunpoint, so I'm using that.

Fair enough, I just bought that so good luck to everyone. I know the demo was really fun so the winner should have a good time of it.

I do hope someone puts up Dark Souls though - I'm too much of a pussy to try it. Not as young and good at games as I used to be.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
wow it is really that good? i scared of playing it for the difficulty.

Learn that you cant rush to attack everything. Block , roll and parry are pretty good tools in combat and once you master the parry and back stabs tons of stuff will be easy. Boss Fights focus heavy on defense until you get a clear shot at them. Not really hard once you get the mechanics. Challenging sure but not as hard as you might think.

Welcome to the Steam Summer Sale!.. it happens all the time bro, for instance when Assassin's Creed 3 got this shitty 40% discount the rest of the franchise had 75% off.

No, you didn't understand. You can literally buy Arkham Asylum from Arkham City's store page, and they're not as a bundle. It's like a button allowing you to buy AssCreed2 from Asscred3's store page. I haven't seen it before.

Mrbob

Has Baldurs Gate: Enhanced Edition been on a flash sale yet? It's 50% off now at $9.99 and I want it. If I missed it on flash then I'll just get it now instead of waiting.

Wait unless you want to play it today. It went on sale for $4.99 right before the summer sale started. It might go to $4.99 again.

Dr.Acula

Banned
What is the deal with Strike Suit Zero?

Is a community choice with a -66% but on my wishlist shows with a -75% already

One of them is wrong. Ppl are debating whether to hold out on the community being higher than 75% or the price being corrected back down to 66% :\

I can't buy Dark Souls because apparently GFWL isn't officially supported in Malaysia. Can a gaffer buy it for me please? I'll trade you another game for it at an equal value.

Nymphae

Banned
I'm really going back and forth about System Shock 2, for the price I should just buy the damn thing, but I don't know if I can stomach an old school FPS at this point.

Chocobro

My damage hasn't been too bad this past few days:

- Jamestown ($5.09)
- Tomb Raider ($11.56)
- Left 4 Dead 2 ($4.99); yeah I finally got it :(
- System Shock 2 ($2.49)
Total: $24.13

Holding off many purchases since I don't have a PC of my own to play on; I gave my 4 y.o. PC with a 8800 GTS to my brother to play games. Hopefully I can build a PC after I graduate next May and get a job D:

Prophane33

I know it's not the greatest or newest game, but good luck!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Anomaly: Warzone Earth -- MB-B537FFE53300F1D1 - Taken by Leviathin25

I really want Gunpoint and Dark Souls but I also know that I'm probably not going to play them any time soon. I'm so conflicted. The collector in me says yes, but the gamer says no.

Amneisac

I'm really going back and forth about System Shock 2, for the price I should just buy the damn thing, but I don't know if I can stomach an old school FPS at this point.

Yeah, it's weird, I have such a hard time enjoying older PC games that I have no nostalgia for. It's like any 8-bit or 16-bit games it's not that bad because they really haven't progressed that much. But something like an Infinity Engine game, or an FPS and I just can't do it.

I'm also worried I might get motion sickness, a lot of old PC FPS games murder me in 16:9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom