• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra

Lego LOTR is 7.45 Euro. Not to sound like the greedy type (wich I am not), but come on...it should be about 4. It´s a great game by the way, I have it on the Wii!

I'd say you are wrong.

That's silly. Parry mechanics alone make WotR more in depth. Factor in that weapons have health and can break from parries, you can use different heads of a weapon depending on what armor your opponent is wearing, you can feign attacks, there's bleeding and bandaging, overall encumbrance penalties based on how much you're carrying which affects everything from attack speed to reloading, etc...

I don't see how it's even close which has a more in depth melee system.

bender

What time is it?
I caved on Gunpoint's Exclusive Edition.

Me too but from the Gunpoint website (same thing I did for Swapper). I've only purchased Bastion and Universal Sandbox through Steam.

All I have left on my wishlist is Frozen Synapse Red DLC, Trials and Eve on my Wishlist. Maybe I'll double dip on Kerbel if it goes back on sale again. I have $19 in my wallet from trading card sales.

wow it is really that good? i scared of playing it for the difficulty.

It really is that good (but I prefer Demon's Souls) and the difficulty is vastly exaggerated. It's difficult in that it foregoes hand-holding or obnoxious tutorials in favour of an unforgiving attitude to player-made mistakes and in-game clues and explanations. It's an incredibly atmospheric game with a magnificent combat system, good graphics that bolster the magnificent, hand-crafted, intricate world design, a well integrated story that takes advantage of the medium and a plethora of content that can take well-above one hundred hours to complete. I urge you to play it. It isn't for everybody, but it will likely (not certainly) be underwhelming initially; there will come a time however when it simply 'clicks' and all fo the game mechanics work in unison and resonate with you.

Parallacs

A million things, start with SpaceChem :p

I've given up on recommending that game to anyone, including my friends. I show them a few of the later levels to show just how clever the game is and they play two levels then quit.

Such a great game though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How's Evoland? Sounds interesting but any fun?

Here's my take:

It's more a love letter to the JRPGs of yesteryears than a fully-fledged game. It would have been great if the developers tied the technological leaps into the narrative (say, defeating a primary boss pushed you forward a generation), but unfortunately the game is more a novel experience than an RPG designed to be taken seriously -- you find various chests frequently throughout your journey and each one introduces a new trope [(random encounters, for example)], but they rarely have any meaningful impact on the game world.

Relatively speaking, it's rather meaty (4-5 hours or so of gameplay), so at $5 I'd say it's worth snapping up. If there's a sequel, I hope the concept is revisited and expanded into an actual, bona fide RPG campaign.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Okay, Strike Suit Zero actually looks really cool in the video. Anybody here actually played it?

I like it a lot, although I prefer Infinity once you get past the tedious beginning missions. The controls really take some getting used to. They're really not very good, but after about 10 minutes of playing they get more comfortable.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
What I've got so far between this, the Amazon sale, and the GreenManGaming Summer Sale:

-Rise of the Triad Preorder
-Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Complete
-Bully: Scholarship Edition
-DLC Quest
-Operation Flashpoint : Red River
-Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising
-Lost Planet 2
-Papo & Yo
-Remember Me
-Surgeon Simulator (Gifted)
-Silent Hill: Homecoming (Gifted)
-Farming Simulator 2011 (Gifted)
-Scribblenauts Unlimited
-Euro Truck Simulator 2
-Don't Starve
-Antichamber
-Euro Truck Simulator
-Bad Rats: the Rats Revenge (Gifted)
-Sid Meier's Civilization IV (Gifted)
-Tomb Raider: Multiplayer Map Pack Bundle
-Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4
-Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
-Super Sanctum TD
-The Swapper
-Rush Bros.
-Dust: An Elysian Tail
-Razor2 Hidden Skies
-Fireburst
-Dyad
-Under the Ocean
-The Walking Dead: 400 Days
-Some Sleeping Dogs DLC
-Final Fantasy VII
-Gunpoint
-Batman Arkham City GOTY
-Evoland
-Primal Fears
-Shellshock 2

I likely will be done with the sale unless a few other things that interest me go on sale, but think I'm about done.

Barbarian

Does anybody know if Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes includes Fallen Enchantress?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

Reposting this one time because thread moves so fast. I'm confused because FE: LH is described as a standalone expansion. IIRC, Fallen Enchantress itself was a standalone expansion to Elemental? So, I'm trying to figure out if FE and FE:LH are completely separate games or if FE:LH includes FE plus more stuff.

Anyone know?

scottzorus

Neo Member
I switched over steam accounts recently and have Dark Souls on my old account but haven't played it yet. Have it on PS3 and got to
Ornstein and Smough
but really want to play it with Durante fix once I build a new computer. I would also like it in my new steam library. Do I buy it for the new steam library?

I know the answer is yes

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I switched over steam accounts recently and have Dark Souls on my old account but haven't played it yet. Have it on PS3 and got to
Ornstein and Smough
but really want to play it with Durante fix once I build a new computer. I would also like it in my new steam library. Do I buy it for the new steam library?

I know the answer is yes

wut

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but Sleeping Dogs has a ton of DLC. Which ones are recommended? It seems like they add all sorts of small things, and having never played the game, not sure which are worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom