• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophane33

I switched over steam accounts recently and have Dark Souls on my old account but haven't played it yet. Have it on PS3 and got to
Ornstein and Smough
but really want to play it with Durante fix once I build a new computer. I would also like it in my new steam library. Do I buy it for the new steam library?

I know the answer is yes

You are correct.

Bobby! Post your contest, my dog is whining and needs to go outside!

How about some Deus Ex in the meantime?

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution -- MB-99B825C6AD35957D - Taken by Shambles

Btw, I'll give something away that hasn't been a daily/flash/community vote yet later today (or the coming days).

Ok gaf. I'm like at NG++++ on 360, but i never played the dlc.

Should I buy dark souls just for the dlc?

Why not buy the DLC on 360
and the PC edition
?

Regardless, if you have a computer that can run it well, yes, absolutely. The downloadable content area is my favourite in the game (followed by Anor Londo, Painted World, Kiln, Sen's, Forest). The bosses that are contained are truly challenging and pretty unique (they are also my favourite bosses in the game; the 'obvious' boss my favourite) while it also manages to pull off something that, I feel, the series up to that point struggled with, creating a fun and engaging 'large scale' boss fight. The soundtrack is at the standard quality and the characters introduced are interesting. The weapons, armour and other items are quite standard but different enough to justify use (some are gimicky, most look good or are useful in some way).

With the current price costing as much as the DLC alone on the 360 or PS3, I would highly advise it, the DLC is absolutely worth playing (it is a bit on the short side, but I really do highly enjoy the area and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to somebody who clearly enjoyed the base game). The integration of it into the base game was also very unique compared to one typically accesses DLC in games

EDIT: Amjad, Without a doubt, Dead Island.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I didn't realise warband was standalone. Is it still worth buying if I have the first mount and blade? I am really only interested in single player and haven't really touched the original yet.

Sorian

Banned
How about some Deus Ex in the meantime?

Btw, I'll give something away that hasn't been a daily/flash/community vote yet later today (or the coming days).

Awesome game but I beat it on the 360 so I can't take it away from a humble GAFfer who has never had the pleasure.

Grief.exe

I didn't realise warband was standalone. Is it still worth buying if I have the first mount and blade? I am really only interested in single player and haven't really touched the original yet.

Yes

Warband took the original Mount & Blade and added a bunch of fixes and new content.

The original isn't even worth playing.

Dead island

remove AW and Di. :D

Dead Island easy

Dead Island

Dead Island

There you go.

Get rid of dead island

Dead Island GOTY

It was... good. But out of those three I'd remove it. (Haven't played Alan Wake)

Super easy choice, Dead Island.

Remove Dead Island.

Dead Island

If any devs from that team was lurking here they'd have an depression by now. Thanks everybody!

Cth

Heh I have a collectible hard cover hint guide for Dark Souls but not the game :D

Switched my pre-order at the last minute.. can't remember what to.

Probably something for my wife or kid :)

fatty

Would someone mind posting the deals for those of us who have Steam blocked? Thanks! (doesn't look like the OP is updated yet)

Grief.exe

In cart:

Alan Wake Franchise
Dead Island GOTY
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die

I have to remove one.

Dead Island gone, enjoy two amazing games.

Dead Island is mediocre at best, its kind of like Borderlands. The gameplay isn't monotonous, but it is held up by co-op.

If any devs from that team was lurking here they'd have an depression by now. Thanks everybody!

Well you did just compare two of the best games of the generation to a mediocre one and asked us to choose lol.

Heh I have a collectible hard cover hint guide for Dark Souls but not the game :D

Switched my pre-order at the last minute.. can't remember what to.

Probably something for my wife or kid :)

You made a poor choice ;)

v0rtikal

Dead Island had one the best cinematic trailers ever.. still gives me chills, but the game was so different, what a disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom