• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Island

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but Sleeping Dogs has a ton of DLC. Which ones are recommended? It seems like they add all sorts of small things, and having never played the game, not sure which are worth it.

Year of the Snake
Zodiac Tournament
Nightmare at Northpoint

are all story DLC's with YOS being the longest.

The rest are car, clothes/skin addons for different themes. (I got most of them)
There is also two cheat DLC (high roller?) that unlock most stuff for you.

They are all worth it for different reasons (minus the cheats) but the story ones are really the only "must haves".

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I did. It's pretty sweet if you're one of those people who pines for the return of the space sim and loves Wing Commander, Freespace, etc. SSZ lies closer to the arcade end of the spectrum (there's no power management, for example) but otherwise it flies like most space sims. Then there's the Strike Mode stuff, which allows you to turn your ship into a mech with six degrees of freedom, such that it actually plays a bit more like Descent and gives you supercharged weapons. I'd place the game a tad on the difficult side, especially because some mission objectives have ridiculously tight timers (at least for me), so if that's a turn-off be warned.

Haven't tried Strike Suit Infinity, dunno if the allure of chasing high scores is enough to get me to buy it. But SSZ has plenty of that as well to unlock upgrades and the like so maybe it's worth getting as well--it sounds like the gameplay of SSZ is completely intact. If you have no interest in playing through a traditional campaign, Infinity is a bargain.
Do you think the DLC is worth it? I don't know if I should get the franchise pack, $10 isn't exactly cheap for me.

Seeing Gunpoint as a flash makes me hopeful that we will see Incredipede for 80% off come back.

Now that was a discount that's worth getting excited about.

Prophane33

Heh I have a collectible hard cover hint guide for Dark Souls but not the game :D

Switched my pre-order at the last minute.. can't remember what to.

Probably something for my wife or kid :)

I bought the 360 version the week before the PC version was announced. I maybe put half an hour into it before I sold it to get money towards the PC one. The hard cover strategy guide looked mighty nice. I don't know how helpful it would be with the content that's been added on though.

Dead Island GOTY is a fun game especially if you can tolerate zombie games. If you aren't bored of them, just want to slash zombie arms off and especially if you just want to have lots of fun with buddies. People give it a lot of shit, but if you have 3 friends to play it with it's a boatload of fun. Played it for 22 hours or something ridiculous.. didn't even finish.

HoosTrax

Warband is the best in the series in every way
Other than the horrible auto terrain generation that is.

I thought the Mass Effect Mako exploration missions took the cake for terrain generation gone wrong. Oh how was I mistaken. There were times where I felt like Warband was intentionally trolling me by placing me and my horse on the side of the 80 degree cliff.

I think With Fire and Sword went too far in the other direction though -- all of the battlefields feel like a flat plain.

All in all, Warband has some absolutely astounding amounts of jank, yet ends up being an amazingly engrossing game at the same time. Not too many games give you so much freedom to let you live out a power fantasy.

Year of the Snake
Zodiac Tournament
Nightmare at Northpoint

are all story DLC's with YOS being the longest.

The rest are car, clothes/skin addons for different themes. (I got most of them)
There is also two cheat DLC (high roller?) that unlock most stuff for you.

They are all worth it for different reasons (minus the cheats) but the story ones are really the only "must haves".
Thanks! I'll definitely get those story DLC's. Might get the Monkey King clothes/skin dlc too just because I'm a big fan of that character haha.

Slacker

Wow so much dead island haters

This is the game where if you found a workbench out in the wilderness and used it to fashion a weapon out of materials you had, you had to pay the bench for its trouble. I guess you just left the cash sitting there and moved on.

Grief.exe

Heh, yep.

Although looking back now, it was the month after I was laid off, so that was probably the reason :D

I preorded it for $20 from GMG, so it could be had for pretty cheap.

But if you were just laid off, abstaining is probably the best option in order to make your finances go that little extra way. Of course, sometimes its best to get lost in a video game if you need to get rid of some frustration.
Not sure if Dark Souls would be the perfect game for that, I never personally got frustrated but I can see how someone might.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seeing Gunpoint as a flash makes me hopeful that we will see Incredipede for 80% off come back.

Now that was a discount that's worth getting excited about.

Incredipede, in addition to not having cards, is at a disadvantage in that it's already super cheap: an 80% discount is a saving of just $2.

The_Monk

I was away for the last hour and this thread went crazy fellow GAFfers!

I need to get some updates on but right now my mind is so tired...today was a changing today.

Deitus

They finally fixed Strike Suit Zero's community choice price. It's 85% which sounds really nice. Too bad it has no chance of winning, especially after an hour of being at a crappy price. I hope it comes back as a daily of flash sale.

Acccent

If you're even slightly interested in LEGO Lord of the Rings, grab it! Game is great.

If I'm not mistaken it's been announced as an addition to the instant game collection for PS+ subscribers (albeit on Vita, iirc, but people who know what's good have a Vita anyway)

Feep

Banned
Feep is such a troll. He was in here a few days ago acting like he didn't add cards.

EDIT: That ribbon says "VIDEO", fyi
Valve is reviewing the cards now. Hopefully they find the jokes...acceptable.

It's a set of five, because I'm just as lazy as everyone else. = D

Is mark of the ninja good? Worth the price?

Superb. If you've an interest in the stealth genre and have an interest in trying something different, that cuts away the excess while providing a significant amount of content and focuses on tight mechanics aided by the visuals and audio, it's absolutely worth the meagre price.

I have 8 bucks left in my wallet and not a lot of games that I'm itching to buy.

Gunpoint or Dark Souls?

Unquestionably Dark Souls due to the amount of content relative to the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom