• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

elhav

I don't see what makes it that good.

Great combat, challenging and varied gameplay, revolutionary online components, great level design, etc.

You can easily loathe the game, either because it's not to your tastes or because it's too hard for you, but it's easy to see the game's qualities.

tbhysgb

Is there a step by step guide to apply DXfix? I was attempting to do it a few weeks back and got lost.

In the readme. All you do is extract the zip folder. Then take the contents and place into the dark souls folder where the .exe for dark souls is at. Usually you go through my computer, then programs, then steam, then steam apps, then common, then right into dark souls and the DATA folder. Just place everything there. Turn off AA ingame first then do it. Then open up the DSfix txt document and change your settings.

bonesquad

Well, I just made a huge mistake. I played the Gunpoint demo and now I think I have to buy it... dammit. I haven't even played the games I bought yesterday yet. Will I crack in the next 6 hours.

gU0Hdiv.png

Just noticed it's my Steam anniversary today.

I'd be on year 9 if Steam would let me change my account user name. I had a really dumb e-mail that I no longer use from way back in high school.

zkylon

zkylewd
dead island, tropico, fallen enchantress, mount & blade, evoland, deus ex hr, ace of spades, gta 4... I'm missing two games, someone could tell me which ones please?

also was hoping a bit cheaper for gunpoint :/

Can I get banned from GFWL if I use DSfix?
no

Congradulations! Here have a free copy of bad rats. XD
NOOOOO!!!!

It's my one year Steam anniversary today.

My journey has only just begun.
Come have a seat kiddo and I'll tell you about the Steam of old. Back in my day we didn't have Steam sales, we had to walk uphill both ways to the store and activate the game with a code on a piece of paper. Then your CD install failed so Steam tried to install it from the internet. Gigabytes of data, on 56k.

Now get off my lawn.

marrec

Banned
I won't say that you're wrong about Gunpoint being "highly refined," but I don't think it's wise to argue against Dark Souls without playing it. It's like nothing else, and there aren't many indie games that can begin to compare to it. And yes, I love indie games too.

I'm not arguing against Dark Souls. I'm very excited to play it myself. But I don't think that they are comparable in a direct value:time ratio because they play completely differently.

Cth

NOOOOO!!!!

Come have a seat kiddo and I'll tell you about the Steam of old. Back in my day we didn't have Steam sales, we had to walk uphill both ways to the store and activate the game with a code on a piece of paper. Then your CD install failed so Steam tried to install it from the internet. Gigabytes of data, on 56k.

Now get off my lawn.

Codewheels.

Coooooooodeewheeeeeeellssssssssss!

*angry fist pump at sky*

mrgone

Hey, I just noticed that Valve took away all of my Dota 2 beta invites. They were part of my obsolete inventory debris collection, you jerks.

Parallacs

It is funny how a busted vote ended up becoming the most important one so far for me.

It probably won't have a chance since Bastion had an hour head start and no one has heard of SS0.

I'd be on year 9 if Steam would let me change my account user name. I had a really dumb e-mail that I no longer use from way back in high school.
You can change default email addresses and have a custom ID#/URL and Profile name, I've made it so no one can see my actually login name.

Xyber

Me and Dark Souls don't like each other very much right now.

Game crashes if I try to enter PC settings and it crashes after I set my brightness when I try to start a new game.

I've tried everything I can find, nothing fixes the problem.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
OK I bought Dark Souls and now I think I'm done with the sale and buying shit.

I've had fun in here with you fine ladies and gents.

Now it's TIME TO DIE

Raide

Me and Dark Souls don't like each other very much right now.

Game crashes if I try to enter PC settings and it crashes after I set my brightness when I try to start a new game.

I've tried everything I can find, nothing fixes the problem.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Before of after DSFix Install?

Bought Mark Of The Ninja too... I don't think there is anything I want anymore outside of Bioshock 1 anymore (that's in my price range / runs on my PC)

Hakkuei

Surprised at how many people seem to care about making badges. I'm amazed when I see some people on my friends list with level 5 badges for games they have 0 hours played. So.. they just bought those cards just to increase their steam level?

Yeah, I find all this stuff pretty stupid. I'd understand and I'd actually want some badges if they were tied to achievements or something, but as it is it just doesn't hold any value to me.

Pretty sure I joined the first day of Steam, whenever that was. At that point I was plaing many hours of TFC everyday and I remember hating the new interface.

Personaj

Neo Member
Ugh still regret missing the Fez sale at the start. Was hoping it'd be on sale again by this point. Considering just getting Mark of the Ninja.

Hey everyone, sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this but I noticed The Walking Dead was on sale and I remembered it had issues with save files being corrupted and I was wondering if this was ever addressed or fixed or if there was any way to avoid it? Thanks!

filipe

Hey everyone, sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this but I noticed The Walking Dead was on sale and I remembered it had issues with save files being corrupted and I was wondering if this was ever addressed or fixed or if there was any way to avoid it? Thanks!

Wasn't this just on the consoles, more specifically Xbox?

BadAss2961

People still have save issues.

For what it's worth, I finished season 1 without any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom