• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
They finally fixed Strike Suit Zero's community choice price. It's 85% which sounds really nice. Too bad it has no chance of winning, especially after an hour of being at a crappy price. I hope it comes back as a daily of flash sale.
If it ends up appearing as a daily (or winning the Community choice), then I will be extremely glad I didn't already buy it at 75% off.

Grief.exe

I have Strike Suit Infinity and it's...ok.

It's definitely very arcade-y. If you're looking for an old fashioned space sim, just go play Freespace 2.

X series is pretty good for this as well. They just added a bunch of free content to X3.

Check out Star Citizen as well, if you haven't heard of it yet, be prepared to be blown away.

CoLaN

i think i'm one of the first few thousand members. i was a day 1 member at least, got in before the servers crashed.

steamcln0kja6.jpg

/salute

MikeDown

Banned
Warning about From Dust:

It's only optimized for a few GPUs and if you have a laptop I would avoid it completely. Game is buggy as hell.
That is what I have heard, I have talked to peeps running similar specs, and I'm gona try out the chrome demo version later see if my system has issues.

alstein

Fallen Enchantress for $13.59 is a steal. Probably won't see a deal like that for a long time.

(the DLC- I'd wait for a sale on that)

Is WoTR Kingmaker worth $5?

Doomedfool

Fallen Enchantress for $13.59 is a steal. Probably won't see a deal like that for a long time.

(the DLC- I'd wait for a sale on that)

Game looks right up my alley, but I can't afford it right now even at such a great price. Guess I will see where I and it are at come winter.

BosSin

Have you restarted your client?

I just started my client up.

Did you get a confirmation email?

I got a PayPal email, but no Steam confirmation email. Also, in the email itself, rather than having the game title in the PayPal receipt as usual it has some weird long ass order ref code.

Another interesting tid bit: When I go to the game's page on steam it has the "you own this game -play now" thing. But if I press play now, nothing happens

alstein

Game looks right up my alley, but I can't afford it right now even at such a great price. Guess I will see where I and it are at come winter.

Damn. Might be a sale come winter. Game might be even better by that point, though I expect Stardock is going to ramp down work on it since they gotta announce their next game this year (most likely GalCiv III or an RPG)

Raide

probably, dumb question, how is playing dark souls + batman without loggin on gfw.

For Dark Souls, you can play with an Offline Profile but you miss out on the Invasion and summoning stuff. Not bad when you are learning the game but it is also a great feeling to try out online.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Great combat, challenging and varied gameplay, revolutionary online components, great level design, etc.

You can easily loathe the game, either because it's not to your tastes or because it's too hard for you, but it's easy to see the game's qualities.
Not really. I like the graphics and level design but the combat is really mediocre, the structure of it is designed to maximize padding, and the camera and menus are downright awful. If someone wants a challenging action RPG I would recommend Ys over it every time.

DukeBobby

SARYeUM.png

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bad Rats #5 -- MB-3415EECD63440D22 - Taken by Franklinator
Bad Rats #4 -- MB-14B44854CF5F5F2F - Taken by PriitV
Bad Rats #3 -- MB-2871BB35F7974E2A - Taken by RS4-
Bad Rats #2 -- MB-43607A0CC4126749 - Taken by JoseOle5990
Bad Rats -- MB-32533826F093D664 - Taken by sibarraz

You know how this works.

1 copy of Gunpoint, 4 copies of Bad Rats.

Remember, don't say you're the winner until all the keys have been claimed.

jtb

Banned
did Deus Ex GOTY edition go on sale independent of HR? because while it may be the greatest game evar, it being priced above HR is pretty ridiculous.

I got a foil Summer Sale card (tomb raider). I don't know what to do with it. Is there a benefit to this foil when crafting the summer sale badge vs the normal foil crafting?

Khronico

I just asked DunderHassan about his next steam games on sale. I would recommend checking out the buy/sell OT, pretty good prices for this days dailies. He will update soon.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I think sibarraz got Gunpoint. That's the one I went for but was too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom