• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, time to finally do it. Dark Souls here I come.

I'm scared already and I haven't even clicked the buy button. Feel like this game is gonna eat me alive.

For Dark Souls, you can play with an Offline Profile but you miss out on the Invasion and summoning stuff. Not bad when you are learning the game but it is also a great feeling to try out online.

Don't think you can strip out GFWL from either, but Batman might be getting rid of it soon.

thanks for answering.

I have sleeping dogs + all dlc, dark soul and batman.... in my cart... still debating whether to pull trigger...

SARYeUM.png

You know how this works.

1 copy of Gunpoint, 4 copies of Bad Rats.

Remember, don't say you're the winner until all the keys have been claimed.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAN
thanks for the chance to win anyway lol

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played Heroes of the Fleet so I can't advise. What I can tell you is that the main campaign took me about 10 hours to beat, though if you're really awesome at the game it'll probably be more like 7 hours. I think you can afford to not get the DLC, and Infinity looks like more of the same but framed differently so you can probably just stick with Zero and see how it grabs you. Worst-case scenario, wait till the winter sale to pick up the rest if it turns out you love SSZ and can't live without the other stuff.
You know, this is actually some great advice. Though I'll probably get Infinite too, since it's an arcade game from what I've heard (don't know whether time or score attack).

Welcome Aboard!

You loose no content to playing Dark Souls Offline but damn, getting Invaded is thrilling/terrifying.

oh thanks

Don't buy all the Sleeping Dogs DLC. I already made that mistake.

Don't get the Pay-To-Win content.

I heard some DLC is incredibly overpowered/broken. I only went with the 3 story DLCs myself.

read about this earlier about 2 buy-to-win packs, but i kinda like the wacky weapons stuff.

any good suggestion?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I want to get Gunpoint but if I do and Euro Truck Sim 2 gets a flash sale for 75% off again before I get paid friday it will make me sad.

marrec

Banned
Still waiting for a good argument for me to spill the cash. I think I'll wait until another sale at a lower price

Marrec's Opinion of Gunpoint:

Gunpoint is one of those games where the part's equal up to much more than their sum. The actual mechanics of jumping around the levels feels highly refined and tight. The animations for both launching the jump and landing add to it's appeal and the fact that it's not a simple one to one button press to jump makes it feel like a much different game than something like 'Mark of the Ninja'.

The writing reminds me of noir. If someone read about what noir was all about and then decided to make it fit within a self-aware video game universe. It's not as super self-serious as the noir in Deus Ex but it still ends up feeling very genuine and surprisingly clever.

The puzzle mechanics are what make it really stand out though. If you've played Stealth Bastard then you kind of get the idea. You're jumping around a level and hacking into certain areas of that level, then redirecting the function of certain electrical things within that area. This light switch used to turn on and off a light, but once you hack it you can make it open and close a door. That basic mechanic is spread out through multiple interactions throughout all the levels and creates a sort of emergent puzzle solving quality to the game.

You can also just bash your way through levels, though this is very hard to pull off without dying multiple times.

Did you already see that?

Grief.exe

oh thanks

read about this earlier about 2 buy-to-win packs, but i kinda like the wacky weapons stuff.

any good suggestion?

I could be wrong, its kind of open to interpretation.

I would think that the dash implies that the sale will end on the 22nd, meaning that there will be deals that day.

Grief.exe

Updated PSA for GFWL issues on Windows 8.

Information for the day

Arkham City, along with Bioshock 2, might be getting GFWL and Securom removed.

Dark Souls Mod Guide
If you are having issues getting Dark Souls running on Widows 8 (Or any GFWL game for that matter)
Deus Ex Mod Guide
System Shock 2 Mod Guide

I would suggest voting for Awesomenauts, both Strike Suit Zero and Bastion have already had deals this summer sale. The former has actually been a better deal than the -66%, and is currently on sale right now for -75% off.
EDIT: Strike Suit Zero's pricing just got updated to a -85% discount, that means it will be the lowest price the title has ever had. That makes the the vote choice entirely subjective at this point, either vote for Awesomenauts to give it some marketing or vote for SS0 to get it at its lowest price. No reason to vote for Bastion.

Looks like Fallen Enchantress, Warband, Dead Island Riptide and Ace of Spades got Steam cards today.

My Dark Souls is crashing right when I launch it... :(

Are you running Windows 8?

If so, check PSA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom