• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

Nope, it was also meant to double as an Indie discussions thread because discussions tend to be lost in the main thread way too fast. Salsa will put up a new thread with the other spectrum of the games at the end of the sales though. No clue how he planned it, but maybe he'll take my stuff, reorder it and add the non-Indie games that are still missing in his own thread.
Ok. Thanks for the heads up.

Annubis

Guess I'll ask again, what makes Mount and Blade fun?
I know a lot of people that enjoy the shit out of it and I'm not too sure what they see in that game myself.

lmpaler

Guess I'll ask again, what makes Mount and Blade fun?
I know a lot of people that enjoy the shit out of it and I'm not too sure what they see in that game myself.

It's a sandbox game where you raise an army and fight other armies and conquer the lands. The MP is absolute chaos.

Is there a list anywhere of PC games with local co-op? L4d2, Portal 2, and the Trine games are the only ones I'm aware of. Does Halo 1 or Borderlands 1 or 2 have local co-op?

Great price for Dark Souls and Warband. Both great games.

If you get Warband, definitely pick up Napoleonic Wars as well. Damn funny mod.

Prophane33

It's a sandbox game where you raise an army and fight other armies and conquer the lands. The MP is absolute chaos.

The MP is the best part, also I absolutely love the Napoleonic Wars DLC Mod some of the best online multiplayer fun I've had since UT 2k4 (not that it plays like that, just sayin').

lmpaler

I fired up big picture last night since I play on my TV. It's pretty cool, but I still prefer using the desktop. Although games with controller support filter is fantastic, why doesn't the desktop app have it!?

lmpaler

Loving CoJ: Gunslinger. The story mode is good, but the arcade mode is amazing.

I fired up the first level to see what the buzz was about and it is so awesome. Haven't done arcade mode yet.

Are there mods for Half-Life 2 that change/improve the game significantly?

How can you improve on perfection?

The MP is the best part, also I absolutely love the Napoleonic Wars DLC Mod some of the best online multiplayer fun I've had since UT 2k4 (not that it plays like that, just sayin').

I've actually not played anything past Warband. Worth picking up?

Prophane33

I fired up the first level to see what the buzz was about and it is so awesome. Haven't done arcade mode yet.

How can you improve on perfection?

I've actually not played anything past Warband. Worth picking up?

All you need is Warband to get the Napoleonic Wars DLC, the community isn't as large as it used to be but it's still there. If you're willing to spend 2.49 for it, I say go for it. I feel it's worth it (you could always sell a few cards and get it free).

nexen

I kept adding stuff to cart....

guys, how do you reconcile the fact that you are buying games into backlog?

First I steal you are buying games phone. Then I text into backlog saying that I want to get together and make amends. Then I forge a handwritten note to you are buying games pretending to be into backlog and say that I really regret all those mean things I said about him.
They usually figure it out soon after they meet up, but it all ends up in hugs anyways.

Prophane33

First I steal buying games phone. Then I text into backlog saying that I want to get together and make amends. Then I forge a handwritten note to buying games pretending to be into backlog and say that I really regret all those mean things I said about him.
They usually figure it out soon after they meet up, but it all ends up in hugs anyways.

I love you.

lmpaler

I need prison architect, chivalry, kerbal, dead island or football manager.

My steam id is in my profile. As I said, at work on my phone and the mobile app doesn't have the inventory. Check it out and see what you need and if you still want to trade this evening fire me a message.

masterkajo

somehow I got like .90 a card on a couple of Dust cards the day they came out.

Yeah, they are worth a lot if you can get in at the very beginning. There are some that pay seemingly any price you put up. But this changes in the first hour of availability rather quickly though.

Fireblend

Banned
Is there a list anywhere of PC games with local co-op? L4d2, Portal 2, and the Trine games are the only ones I'm aware of. Does Halo 1 or Borderlands 1 or 2 have local co-op?

Rayman Origins

RO_CC_HD_bellyflop.jpg

Easily the best co-op platformer on Steam ever.

Prophane33

Bah! Why did I have to start grad school this fall? I should be buying things I want, not saving every penny so I can move entirely across the country. Oh well, thanks to selling cards I managed to buy 2 of the 3 games I wanted (and used my own 2.49 for FTL), plus between trading/gifts/giveaways I got a few other games. This winter it is SO on and I'm going to make a point of doing more than one giveaway (for some decent games not bad rats :p ).

Edit: still Gunpoint is so tempting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom