• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
83. I have no games.
TadkV.gif

Internally cries.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It should be easy to find on the cheap at any of the computer hardware forums. It's part of the AMD "Don't Settle" bundle. I have one that I can't get rid of and I'm not interested in redeeming it because it's the uPlay version.
Lady, I think you have a serious problem.

I would have done the same :/

Grand Theft Auto complete package 75% off. Damn I wasn't planning on buying any GTA games in this sale but I'm tempted. What to do, GAF? I probably wont play them for a very long time but it's comforting to know that I will always have them available to play without worrying about backwards compatibility.

eyeless

Is there a list anywhere of PC games with local co-op? L4d2, Portal 2, and the Trine games are the only ones I'm aware of. Does Halo 1 or Borderlands 1 or 2 have local co-op?
i'm way into splitscreen games, it will make me buy a game i otherwise would not, these are the steam ones i own

awesomenauts
beat hazard
bionic commando rearmed
the cave
critter crunch
dungeon defenders
dungeon siege iii
insanely twisted shadow planet
jamestown
kung fu strike: the warrior's rise
lara croft and the guardian of light
left 2 dead 2 (with mod)
magicka
pid
portal 2
renegade ops
resident evil 5 (with mod)
resident evil 6
shank 1 & 2
shatter
sonic & all-stars racing transformed
trine 1 & 2

and some games on my wishlist that i'm waiting for 75% off
rayman origins
trials evolution
monaco

you can get a list of local co-op games by filtering for couch co-op here

also, dolphin

mrklaw

MrArseFace
just bought dark souls. Already completed on the PS3, really only bought to see what Durango's patch is like. Hopefully I won't get sucked in again, but it might spoil me for Dark Souls II on PS3.

Grand Theft Auto complete package 75% off. Damn I wasn't planning on buying any GTA games in this sale but I'm tempted. What to do, GAF? I probably wont play them for a very long time but it's comforting to know that I will always have them available to play without worrying about backwards compatibility.

You know what to do friend, you know what to do.

Volotaire

Check if any other regions have it for cheaper to make the bargain even the more cheaper.

It's a great deal , but the price when up from 5£ from a previous sale to 8.49£. RRp might rise again.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just know that Rockstar games are cheaper in South America, so if you can find a friend to gift it to you, you'll be able to save some money.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
697 games here. You need to get busy.

1,071 games here. You need to get busy.

There are currently 2063 games on Steam, but in theory someone could have more games than that since there have been quite a few removed.

chronomac

This might not be the right place for this, but I like you guys so I'm hoping for a response.

My co-worker is selling his custom build for $200-250. Here's what it has:

Asus M4A78LT-M
AMD Athlon II x4 640
500 GB HD (7200 RPM)
GeForce 8800 GT (512 MB)
8 GB RAM

Is that worth the money, or at least worth upgrading? I figure the video card would probably need to be the first thing, but I don't know if the whole thing is worth the investment. I'm just tired of using my Macbook for everything. It does fine with indie stuff but anything graphically intensive brings it down. Fez, for instance, doesn't run well at all on it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is the total cost which Steam Enhanced v3.9 computes bugged for anyone else?

Have you added up the totals manually to check against this? From your screenshot it looks correct but it depends on your actual transactions.

Jzero

This might not be the right place for this, but I like you guys so I'm hoping for a response.

Asus M4A78LT-M
AMD Athlon II x4 640
500 GB HD (7200 RPM)
GeForce 8800 GT (512 MB)
8 GB RAM

Is that worth the money, or at least worth upgrading? I figure the video card would probably need to be the first thing, but I don't know if the whole thing is worth the investment. I'm just tired of using my Macbook for everything. It does fine with indie stuff but anything graphically intensive brings it down. Fez, for instance, doesn't run well at all on it.

Yes just change the graphics card and you can add 8 more gigs of ram.

HoosTrax

There are currently 2063 games on Steam, but in theory someone could have more games than that since there have been quite a few removed.
There's a guy on my FL with 2147 games not including DLC, and from the looks of his FL, there are quite a few more people with >2063

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
i'm way into splitscreen games, it will make me buy a game i otherwise would not, these are the steam ones i own

awesomenauts
beat hazard
bionic commando rearmed
the cave
critter crunch
dungeon defenders
dungeon siege iii
insanely twisted shadow planet
jamestown
kung fu strike: the warrior's rise
lara croft and the guardian of light
left 2 dead 2 (with mod)
magicka
pid
portal 2
renegade ops
resident evil 5 (with mod)
resident evil 6
shank 1 & 2
shatter
sonic & all-stars racing transformed
trine 1 & 2

and some games on my wishlist that i'm waiting for 75% off
rayman origins
trials evolution
monaco

you can get a list of local co-op games by filtering for couch co-op here

also, dolphin
The Cave and Bionic Commando Rearmed (I'll have to pick this up before the sale is over) have local co-op? Great!

Now I only need to find someone to come play with me :(

nexen

All the sudden I don't feel so bad.

You think that is bad you should friend Xelios or JaseC. Holy wow.

I'm working on it, man!

wait, only 2063? I thought there were a lot more than that. I'm almost done!!

Volotaire

Asus M4A78LT-M
AMD Athlon II x4 640
500 GB HD (7200 RPM)
GeForce 8800 GT (512 MB)
8 GB RAM

heh same as my build (without AMD processor and mobo), you're best asking PC GAF thread here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600246

Nice I've just upgraded my GAF badge from junior to member. :D

How much XP do I get?

I don't see any emoticons and backgrounds though :p

Will prepare a few giveaways when I get home.

I have cookies! These were Mod provided so enjoy! :)

Silly as this sounds, backlog is not how I look at it when it comes to Steam. I don't over spend, and I've been doing a good job at working down my unplayed numbers, but for me around $50 a year combined on Summer and Winter Steam sales is basically just an investment in a growing PC games library. I don't always know exactly what games I want to play and in what order, so having a big selection on Steam is handy to just be able to pick up and play lots of different games from various genres at any non-sale time. Plus the low costs get me to try games outside of my usual genres, Steam sales have very much helped to expand my gaming tastes.

And with building up a library I'm actually finding that I play games differently. I don't really feel like I need to pick up a $60 console game and "get my dollars worth" from it. With that I'd often end up feeling bad about paying for a game that I gave up on playing or I'd keep playing a game that I'd stopped enjoying because I paid money for it. But purchasing 10-12 games a year in Steam for 0-8 bucks doesn't have that same effect as that. I just pick and choose what I want to play and I play it for as long as I'm having fun. And if there are one or two on the list that I don't get to (meaning my backlog might go up or stay even depending on what old games that I'm playing) well what's the harm in that?

That's how I look at it as least. I could stop playing / buying any new games and just work on my backlog. But doing that I'd miss out on some cool new experiences as well as on some active multiplayer communities which might be dead in a year or two. It's more like Steam is my own personal Spotify for games where I have a big selection of stuff that I'm interested in that I can access at anytime and I pay a yearly fee of $50 or so to add cool new stuff to my service. As long as I don't let that $s per year fee get out of hand (currently I buy a $25 Steam Wallet card each sale) I find that personally it's the best way to buy and play games.

Yeah, that got a little long...I talk too much sometimes...

No, you should talk moar.

Well said sir/madam/person.

jshackles

There's a guy on my FL with 2147 games not including DLC, and from the looks of his FL, there are quite a few more people with >2063

Having more than 2063 games at this point in time pretty much means you own them all + own games that are currently no longer for sale.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
just bought dark souls. Already completed on the PS3, really only bought to see what Durango's patch is like. Hopefully I won't get sucked in again, but it might spoil me for Dark Souls II on PS3.
Shit, Durante was a MS shill all along! We fell right into his GFWL-plagued trap!

BHK3

Banned
I might just buy monaco 4-pack in a couple hours if it doesn't appear, I'm getting tired of waiting. This is an outrage why didn't you vote for it for the community choice Gaf YOU DID THIS TO ME

sibarraz

Banned
Hmmmm... Football Manager...

http://www.footballmanager14.co.uk/ultimate-fm13-review/

So you learn to play the game and then many problems are apparent and you're left wishing it was something more coherent but by that point you're too addicted on the unique thing it is to drop it, and hope the next year is better.

Don't know, maybe since I'm too casual for the series, I quite enjoy 2013, but there are some thing that will love to see improved

Grinchy

Banned
I have like $7 from selling cards that I don't care about and I can't decide between The Walking Dead and Gunpoint.

Wok

Have you added up the totals manually to check against this? From your screenshot it looks correct but it depends on your actual transactions.

I will check, but the market cost seems really wrong, while the other two look correct. How do you deal with different currencies on the market?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Has Civ V been on sale yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom