• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I have sorted every transaction per currency, and then computed the sum per-currency:
  • 36,22 euros
  • 47,26 dollars
  • 0,92 pounds
  • 208,55 Indian rupees
  • 0,63 rubles

Enhanced Steam only tallies your purchases, not sales. All purchases should be listed in your account currency.

Prophane33

Okay, for the life of me I don't think I'll ever make it past the Undead Burg in Dark Souls anyone know of a good beginner character build? I've put about 2 hours into it with little to no progress as a thief.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
No because I want to make it, but I applaud your efforts right there and with the emoticons, however didn't that party pooper make you remove that?

He just made me add additional security ;) It is back to working again (though not yet for Firefox). It's just now whenever you want to update your custom background you have to click through a "Sign in with Steam" dialog.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this but would it be possible to add multiple views to a person's wish list? Sort of like how the library is, maybe have it as a grid or as just text or smaller sized than Steam provides by default?

I just spent a good deal of time this morning re-organizing mine this morning and realized how barebones the regular wishlist is.

That's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure if it's doable while keeping all of the same functionality.

Not really sure what big titles released within the last 6months/year that I haven't picked up are still to come in the next few days. Here's hoping not too many, spent way to much already.

Mugatu

That's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure if it's doable while keeping all of the same functionality.

Cool - yeah I'm not sure how doable it would be either.

I just know that, at least after forgetting to click save once and having steam lose connection another time just how annoying the regular one can get when you get a few games on there.

chronomac

I don't know if anyone's posted this here, but Indie Game: The Movie is getting some DLC for Steam. 300 minutes of new content, including some short films, interviews, and a general look at what's happened since the film premiered. It'll be $14.99 or $59.99 and $69.99 for the DVD and Blu-ray box sets, respectively.

I can't speak to the quality of the new content but the movie itself is a spectacular look at the developer side of small game development and surprisingly emotional. I whole-heartedly recommend it. It's on Steam (and on sale) or Netflix, among other platforms.

jshackles

In the worst case, I have purchased for 36.22 euros then, not 286 euros.

That's pretty strange. If you're willing, can you open the page source (Ctrl+U) select all (Ctrl+A) then copy (Ctrl+C) that into a text file? You can email it to me at contact@enhancedsteam.com and I'll take a look.

Looks like something isn't working right, possibly having to do with the Indian currency. Thanks!

Okay, for the life of me I don't think I'll ever make it past the Undead Burg in Dark Souls anyone know of a good beginner character build? I've put about 2 hours into it with little to no progress as a thief.
Knight is good for beginners since it gives you a straight sword to start with. Get that, put points in endurance, vitality and either dex or str depending on what type of weapon you want to use and you should be good to go. For all that is holy do not touch the Resistance stat.

If you want easy mode though, just pick Pyromancer and burn shit up.

Prophane33

Are card prices healthy in any part of the market? All I can see are maybe one or two cards that kept their average value from plummeting.

Not really. Prices have been and will continue to go down. Though the summer sale cards might go up in price since they will stop being obtainable.

Knight is good for beginners since it gives you a straight sword to start with. Get that, put points in endurance and vitality and you should be good to go.

If you want easy mode though, just pick Pyromancer and burn shit up.

Thanks, might have to do that.

Mugatu

Not really. Prices have been and will continue to go down. Though the summer sale cards might go up in price since they will stop being obtainable.

This is what I'm hoping for. I did craft the badge already for fun but I have a few more summer cards I'm jut going to keep. Hopefully there are at least a few completionists out there who will want stuff like this.

Hmmm, that's a shame. I would think the summer cards will take forever to regain any value.

I made a pretty penny (kinda) flipping single cards over and over again though so I'm good.

sibarraz

Banned
I don't know if anyone's posted this here, but Indie Game: The Movie is getting some DLC for Steam. 300 minutes of new content, including some short films, interviews, and a general look at what's happened since the film premiered. It'll be $14.99 or $59.99 and $69.99 for the DVD and Blu-ray box sets, respectively.

I can't speak to the quality of the new content but the movie itself is a spectacular look at the developer side of small game development and surprisingly emotional. I whole-heartedly recommend it. It's on Steam (and on sale) or Netflix, among other platforms.

If they fix the steam game where I can't watch the movie maybe I could think it

This is what I'm hoping for. I did craft the badge already for fun but I have a few more summer cards I'm jut going to keep. Hopefully there are at least a few completionists out there who will want stuff like this.

There are over 30k of each on the market right now. It will take a LONG time for any noticeable increase in price.

Leonsito

I just noticed that the number of the games I own that shows up when you hover your mouse over Library is stuck at 147 since forever, I bought 5 games this sale and still shows 147 instead of 152, like my profile does.

Prophane33

Hmmm, that's a shame. I would think the summer cards will take forever to regain any value.

I made a pretty penny (kinda) flipping single cards over and over again though so I'm good.

Exactly, I crafted one badge (plus the summer badge) in order to at least try it once and then I've sold another 100 or so cards to fund my sale buying. I think in all I've made around 20 bucks.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
FYI, you get a TF2 hat when you buy Gunpoint. They're going for around $.50 on the market, essentially making Gunpoint $5.49.

Exactly, I crafted one badge (plus the summer badge) in order to at least try it once and then I've sold another 100 or so cards to fund my sale buying. I think in all I've made around 20 bucks.
I only have a few games that have card drops (or did, before sales), and after my couple badges used to reach level 10 for a booster chance, i got some change.

I then found cards with low quantity and flipped up from there, repeatedly. Slow but it works.

LogicStep

Can someone help me? I'm using Big Picture mode and I'm playing Bioshock Infinite, awesome game so far btw, and upon launching the game my downloads pause. How can I resume them while BP mode is running? I know how to do it normally but I can't figure out how to do it with this.

MikeDown

Banned
FYI, you get a TF2 hat when you buy Gunpoint. They're going for around $.50 on the market, essentially making Gunpoint $5.49.
TF2 hats?
O7KTE8N.png

mrgone

Can someone help me? I'm using Big Picture mode and I'm playing Bioshock Infinite, awesome game so far btw, and upon launching the game my downloads pause. How can I resume them while BP mode is running? I know how to do it normally but I can't figure out how to do it with this.

That's a good question. Might be able to do it with the mobile app

jshackles

Bumhead

Banned
How the hell do you remove the heart in the first surgery on Surgeon Sim?

Damn esophagus is in the way and no amount of slicing or hammering seems to shift it without making the dude die on the table.

2010-11-18-2503790001_308060d465.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom