• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I will check, but the market cost seems really wrong, while the other two look correct.

Let me know what you find out. It's hard sometimes for me to troubleshoot that since everyone's stuff can vary wildly, especially in foreign currencies.

Keep in mind - if you're someone who sells cards on the marketplace to buy other cards: Enhanced Steam keeps a record of the purchases but not of the sales. If you use the market as a way to trade cards for other cards (or "flip" them), your market total will go up while not actually "spending" "real" "money". (lol at quotes)

MysticX

stoopid question, dunno if it has been answered or not, but I know that Dark Souls is on sale right now, and I can´t see it on my list but can some1 gift it to me? or will that be blocked?

Volotaire

Thanks for the responses. I think I'm going to get it and upgrade the RAM and video card eventually. Just need a reasonably priced monitor is all.

Will say I struggle with modern games now and I will be upgrading soon. But it seems you only want it for Indie stuff an lighter games so it should be fine.

Vecks

This might not be the right place for this, but I like you guys so I'm hoping for a response.

My co-worker is selling his custom build for $200-250. Here's what it has:

Asus M4A78LT-M
AMD Athlon II x4 640
500 GB HD (7200 RPM)
GeForce 8800 GT (512 MB)
8 GB RAM

Is that worth the money, or at least worth upgrading? I figure the video card would probably need to be the first thing, but I don't know if the whole thing is worth the investment. I'm just tired of using my Macbook for everything. It does fine with indie stuff but anything graphically intensive brings it down. Fez, for instance, doesn't run well at all on it.

Used? For $200 I think that would be acceptable. As long as you aren't playing CPU intensive games.

Grinchy

Banned
Do you want a short game or a long visual novel?

I'm really not sure. I don't know much about Walking Dead other than a lot of people saying it's great. I watched a couple videos of Gunpoint and thought it looked awesome.

If the people who like TWD (the game) are the same people who like TWD (the show) then maybe I should pass. I can't stand the show.

Jealous of all of the people with a library over 1k, Mine is going to end up being a third of that around the end of this sale. If only I had cleaned my overheating computer back in the day instead of picking up an xbox360/ps3/wii because I was too lazy to do it. I've spent enough money on the prior systems to own every game on steam twice.

chronomac

Will say I struggle with modern games now and I will be upgrading soon. But it seems you only want it for Indie stuff an lighter games so it should be fine.

Can you play stuff like Witcher and Skyrim on lower settings? Would those two upgrades I mentioned let me play stuff like that on medium settings?

Sullichin

I'm really not sure. I don't know much about Walking Dead other than a lot of people saying it's great. I watched a couple videos of Gunpoint and thought it looked awesome.

If the people who like TWD (the game) are the same people who like TWD (the show) then maybe I should pass. I can't stand the show.

I only saw one episode of the show and didn't like it, and i'm not the biggest zombie fan in general. Walking Dead was one of my favorite games last year.

kennah

Thanks for the responses. I think I'm going to get it and upgrade the RAM and video card eventually. Just need a reasonably priced monitor is all.

Don't bother upgrading the RAM. Games don't use more than 8gig these days. Extra ram would be wasted on that CPU.

Dr.Acula

Banned

Love the comic and the game, hate the show.

Volotaire

Can you play stuff like Witcher and Skyrim on lower settings? Would those two upgrades I mentioned let me play stuff like that on medium settings?

The GPU and processor (should be quad core imo) will be adequate enough for medium settings at 1080p, and even with high settings on some options.

But it will be the mobo (the processor interface and RAM), processor , RAM (DDR2) that will be bottlenecking the GPU if you want to play on the highest settings.

ATm yes I could play those type of games on medium, but I am below 1080p, on 1280x1024 lol.

masterkajo

I don't like the show but love the game. So there is that. Both great games. The one has really nice mechanics and gameplay while being funny. The other has a great story and characters and is basically an emotional rollercoaster with medium interaction/gameplay.

New cards. Old?

These games now have Trading Cards, Emoticons, Profile Backgrounds, and Badges to collect:

Mount & Blade: Warband
Dead Island Riptide
Ace of Spades
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
Red Orchestra 2

Jzero

The GPU and processor (should be quad core imo) will be adequate enough for medium settings at 1080p, and even with high settings on some options.

But it will be the mobo (the processor interface and RAM), processor , RAM (DDR2) that will be bottlenecking the GPU if you want to play on the highest settings.

ATm yes I could play those type of games on medium, but I am below 1080p, on 1280x1024 lol.

He said it has the M4A78LT-M. That one supports DDR3

I also just noticed that it has an Athlon, he definitely needs to change it to a phenom.

Grief.exe

New cards. Old?

These games now have Trading Cards, Emoticons, Profile Backgrounds, and Badges to collect:

Mount & Blade: Warband
Dead Island Riptide
Ace of Spades
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
Red Orchestra 2

I posted them all in the PSA earlier.

RO2 has had cards for a while, don't know why they are announcing them. Maybe someone can shed some light on that.

Information for the day

Arkham City, along with Bioshock 2, might be getting GFWL and Securom removed.

Dark Souls Mod Guide
If you are having issues getting Dark Souls running on Widows 8 (Or any GFWL game for that matter)
Deus Ex Mod Guide
System Shock 2 Mod Guide

I would suggest voting for Awesomenauts, both Strike Suit Zero and Bastion have already had deals this summer sale. The former has actually been a better deal than the -66%, and is currently on sale right now for -75% off.
EDIT: Strike Suit Zero's pricing just got updated to a -85% discount, that means it will be the lowest price the title has ever had. That makes the the vote choice entirely subjective at this point, either vote for Awesomenauts to give it some marketing or vote for SS0 to get it at its lowest price. No reason to vote for Bastion.

Looks like Fallen Enchantress, Warband, Dead Island Riptide, and Ace of Spades got Steam cards today.

Volotaire

What other games are on sale in amazon? I know that the summer sale ended so I'm curious

Quite a few there was a list, but the sale wasn't as great as January, probably because I had participated in a lot of the deals.

Lots of bundles with great value. Cheaper than Steam often with the bundles (2K, Warner Bros, Sega packs)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

I never watched the show and have zero interest in it.

I loved the game, and I think it's worth experiencing by everyone.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
What was the cheapest Civ V Gold was during the sale, and was it ever on a daily sale, or just flash/community?

Volotaire

I never watched the show and have zero interest in it.

I loved the game, and I think it's worth experiencing by everyone.

I haven't watched the show, but I loved the game. Don't know any of the comic book stuff or anything.

Seriously, I would recommend it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just sent the latest Enhanced Steam code to Google for the Chrome version, so Chrome users should be getting the update soon. (v3.9.7) Here is the changelog:

• Fixes bug with market page not highlighting beyond the first
  • Fixes bug with bundle pages not highlighting if game price is "Free" or blank
  • Fixes a bug where tags were overlapping prices in some instances
  • Fixes a bug where discount percentages were not displaying correctly on wishlists
  • Adds a link to a games dedicated DLC page from that game's app page
  • Adds highlighting to a game's DLC page

Sorry about that then, the RO2 backgrounds are nice and high res so that's a plus.

I managed to get a Shodan background, be jealous, be very jealous.

This is PC why can't we set our own custom backgrounds... rant

I just sent the latest Enhanced Steam code to Google for the Chrome version, so Chrome users should be getting the update soon. (v3.9.7) Here is the changelog:

• Fixes a bug where discount percentages were not displaying correctly on wishlists

You and Durante... hardest working peeps in the bizness. And Salsa, and the mods, and evil and etc etc etc

jshackles

This is PC why can't we set our own custom backgrounds... rant

Enhanced Steam lets you set whichever one you want without owning it - does that count?

Wok

Let me know what you find out. It's hard sometimes for me to troubleshoot that since everyone's stuff can vary wildly, especially in foreign currencies.

Keep in mind - if you're someone who sells cards on the marketplace to buy other cards: Enhanced Steam keeps a record of the purchases but not of the sales. If you use the market as a way to trade cards for other cards (or "flip" them), your market total will go up while not actually "spending" "real" "money". (lol at quotes)

I have sorted every transaction per currency, and then computed the sum per-currency:
  • 36.22 euros
  • 47.26 American dollars
  • 0.92 pounds sterling
  • 208.55 Indian rupees
  • 0.63 rubles
Among these, some were purchases and some were sales, so there is no way the total of purchases could be 286 euros.

Enhanced Steam only tallies your purchases, not sales. All purchases should be listed in your account currency.

In the worst case, I have purchased for 36.22 euros then, not 286 euros.

Edit: I have checked and I have spent exactly 30.88 euros. The rest I have sold.

Mugatu

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this but would it be possible to add multiple views to a person's wish list? Sort of like how the library is, maybe have it as a grid or as just text or smaller sized than Steam provides by default?

I just spent a good deal of time this morning re-organizing mine this morning and realized how barebones the regular wishlist is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom